Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Stores now selling 'Zombie Bullets' as police warn against new Cloud Nine drug

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Stores now selling 'Zombie Bullets' as police warn against new Cloud Nine drug

Stores now selling 'Zombie Bullets' as police warn against new Cloud Nine drug following TWO more horrifying cannibal attacks

• Ammunition company also offering 'Zombie Bullets' - live ammunition with a clever marketing campaign
    • Mind-altering drug available over the counter in U.S., but banned in Britain
    • Police link drug to previous cannibal attack when a man ate another's face
    • Causes heart palpitations, nausea, hallucinations, paranoia and erratic behaviour

By Rachel Quigley
    PUBLISHED: 06:01 EST, 7 June 2012 | UPDATED: 23:18 EST, 7 June 2012
    Comments (172)

A growing number of stores across the nation are stocking their shelves with an unusual item – Zombie Bullets.

After the recent stream of disturbing news reports of people eating others' flesh, Hornaday Manufacturing has released bullets that promise to ‘make dead permanent.’

The ammunition, branded as Zombie Max offers Proven Z-Max bullets, is live ammunition, but is actually only intended for use on targets – not people.
    The Walking Dead: Hornady Manufacturing has started selling Zombie bullets, 'just in case'; it is live ammunition

Attacks: Carl Jacquneaux, left, who was arrested for allegedly biting another man's face and Brandon De Leon, right, who allegedly tried to bite two policemen while threatening to eat them

Hornaday spokesman Everett Deger told WWJ Newsradio 950 that the company’s president has a love of zombie culture – including popular shows like the Walking Dead – and was inspired to make the bullets in honour of the cultural phenomenon.

ON CLOUD NINE: BATH SALTS BY ANOTHER NAME... WITH STRONG COMPULSIONS TO REDOSE

The 'bath salts' sold under the name Cloud Nine are likely to be stimulant drugs such MPDV or ephedrine.

'Bath salts' does not refer to a single chemical, but instead to a range of synthetic drugs that can be sold legally in the U.S. as long as they are not marked for human consumption – hence the misleading name.

Drugs such as MPDV are highly potent stimulants, similar to some amphetamines, and in MPDV's case particularly, cause a strong compulsion to 'redose' with more of the drug.

In high doses, such drugs can cause violent and unpredictable behaviour, and terrifying hallucinations – and the compulsion to take more of the drug continues, even once the 'high' has begun to make the user feel bad.

Various different compounds use the name 'Cloud Nine', and it's still not confirmed which exact chemical was in the drug reported to have caused these attacks, but some reports have pointed the finger at MPDV.

The chemical is already illegal in Florida – although other 'bath salts' remain perfectly legal in the state.

‘We decided just to have some fun with a marketing plan that would allow us to create some ammunition designed for that…fictional world,’ he told the radio station.

Mr Deger noted that the bullets are some of the ammunition company’s most popular products.

The news comes as two more cannibal attacks have been reported in the US as police warn of a dangerous new mind-altering drug called Cloud Nine.

Last week Rudy Eugene - who is believed to have taken the over-the-counter ecstasy-like drug - growled at officers as he chewed off most of a homeless man's face before being shot dead by Miami police.

Since then two further incidents have been linked to the substance, which is part of a new line of 'bath salts'.

More...

The second occurred on Saturday when a snarling homeless man, identified as Brandon De Leon, threatened to eat two officers, echoing the Miami attack.

A third incident took place in Louisiana where Carl Jacquneaux, 43, bit off a chunk of his victim's face. Miami police have issued a warning about Cloud Nine and told their officers to exercise extreme caution when dealing with homeless men who appear to be acting unusually.

Police investigating the case of Rudy Eugene, who ate the face off a homeless man, say as well as being naked, he was carrying a bible.

Some pages had been ripped out of the book and were found close by, according to CBS Miami. A preliminary toxicology examination has also found that the 31-year-old had been smoked cannabis shortly before the incident.

They were forced to fit 21-year-old De Leon with a Hannibal Lecter-style mask after he was arrested for disturbing the peace in North Miami Beach. When put in a police cruiser De Leon slammed his head against the plexiglass divider and shouted at officers, 'I'm going to eat you', NBC Miami reported.

He then growled, gnashed his teeth and tried to bite the hand of an officer attempting to treat his head wounds.

'Brandon growled and opened and closed his jaw, slamming his teeth like an animal would,' the report said. Miami police said they believe he was on a cocktail of drugs, including Cloud Nine.

In a second case Carl Jacquneaux, 43, is accused of attacking Todd Credeur at his home in Scott, Louisiana, over the weekend after he became upset following a domestic issue.

Victim: Todd Credeur, though in shock, managed to spray his attacker in the face with wasp spray to stop him from eating any more of his face

Scene: Todd Creneur was attacked while working on the yard outside his home in Scott, Louisiana

KATC reported that Mr Credeur was working in his front yard when he was attacked.

Scott Assistant Police Chief Kert Thomas said: 'During the attack, the suspect bit a chunk of the victim's face off.'

Mr Credeur reportedly managed to spray Jacquneaux in the face with wasp spray to stop him from eating any more of his face.

Jacquneaux then allegedly left the home and went to another man's home where he held him at knife point and stole a hand gun. This is where police found him and arrested him.

A friend of the victim said she believes Jacquneaux was under the influence of Cloud Nine, which is the same drug which is believed to have been taken by the 'Miami Cannibal' Rudy Eugene.

Eugene ate the face of homeless man Ronald Poppo in Miami last week and a police memo to officers has highlighted the dangers surrounding the drug's use.

It warned the De Leon case 'bears resemblance to an incident that occurred in the city of Miami last week, when a male ate another man's face'.

'Please be careful when dealing with the homeless population during your patrols.'

Police have suggested Eugene was under the influence of the synthetic stimulant usually sold in drug paraphanelia shops.

Cloud Nine is 'addictive and dangerous', the memo said, part of a 'disturbing trend in which new drugs are sold in the guise of household products'.

The drug, which is also as Ivory Wave in the U.S., comes in harmless-looking packets, police said, adding that it is illegal in Britain and Australia.

Crazed attack: Cloud Nine, which is the same drug which is believed to have been taken by the 'Miami Cannibal' Rudy Eugene (left) when he savagely attacked 65-year-old Ronald Poppo (right)

The potentially addictive drug stimulates the central nervous system and symptoms include heart palpitations, nausea, hallucinations, paranoia and erratic behaviour.

The series of shocking incidents began on May 26 when a naked Eugene encountered his victim, 65-year-old Ronald Poppo, who was sleeping in the shade on elevated train tracks.

In surveillance footage from the nearby Miami Herald building, Eugene was seen struggling with the naked homeless man, throwing him to the ground and then tearing into his face with his teeth as cars and bicycles sped by.

About 18 minutes into the attack, an officer appeared on the scene and yelled at Eugene to stop, but the 31-year-old just growled at him and continued chewing Poppo’s face.

The officer then opened fire on Eugene, shooting him to death.

Horrific attack: The spot on MacArthur Causeway when a man was killed after chewing the face off a stranger

Disfigured: Poppo, here on a stretcher, miraculously survived the attack, but was left without a nose, mouth or eyes

Poppo remains in critical condition at Jackson Memorial Hospital with his nose, mouth and eyes torn off. He faces months of treatment to rebuild his features and psychological care.

Controversially this week the scene of the attack on Poppo has been Miami added to sites visited by a tourist tour's itinerary.

The famous Miami Mystery & Mayhem: Crime Tour tour led by Miami-Dade College professor Dr Paul George will stop on the road that connects downtown Miami to popular South Beach.

Dr Paul told the South Florida Business Journal: 'Horrible as it was, it is part of our history. Currently, our tour takes us over the causeway right past the site, so this fits well.'

In a completely separate case not involving the drug, Canadian Luka Rocco Magnotta has been sent back to his country from Germany after an international manhunt.

He is alleged to have killed his partner, Jun Lin, before eating parts of his body then chopping it to pieces that were then posted to different authorities. Mr Lun's head has not yet been found.

'ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE': RECENT CANNIBAL ATTACKS ACROSS AMERICA

Since Rudy Eugene attacked and ate the face of homeless man Ronald Poppo on May 26 in Miami, Florida, while allegedly high on 'bath salts' there has been a spate of similar attacks.

The 'Miami Cannibal' case shocked the nation after police had to shoot dead Eugene when he refused to stop eating his victim's face off. Poppo is now recovering in hospital with horrific injuries.

Brandon DeLeon, 21, was high on drugs and drunk on Four Loko on June 2 when he tried to bite off a police officer’s hand after he was arrested for disturbing customers in a Miami fast food restaurant.

The homeless man repeatedly banged his head against the patrol car’s Plexiglas and yelled, ‘I’m going to eat you.’

At the police station, De Leon tried to bite the officer who was taking his blood pressure and tending to his self-inflicted wounds. The police report noted that he 'growled and opened and closed his jaw slamming his teeth like an animal would.'

Carl Jacquneaux, 43, is accused of attacking Todd Credeur at his home in Scott, Louisiana, over the weekend after he became upset following a domestic issue.

Mr Credeur reportedly managed to spray Jacquneaux in the face with wasp spray to stop him from eating any more of his face.

A friend of the victim said she believes Jacquneaux was under the influence of Cloud Nine, which is the same drug which is believed to have been taken by the 'Miami Cannibal' Rudy Eugene

Alex Kinyua, 21, a college student, used a knife to carve up Kujoe Bonsafo Agyei-Kodie, 37, before eating his heart out and parts of his brain.

He then took to his social networking site to boast about it to his friends saying: 'Are you strong enough to endure ritual HBCU mass human sacrifices around the country and still be able to function as human beings?'

He referred to the tragic shootings at Virginia Tech and 'other past university killings around the country' and warned 'ethnic cleansing is the policy, strategy and tactics that will affect you, directly or indirectly in the coming months.'

Read more:

Is Cloud Nine behind the 'zombie apocalypse'? Police issue warning about new drug after TWO more cannibal attacks | Mail Online
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 10-04-2012 at 05:31 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Zombie Bullets In High Demand Following Flesh-Eating Attacks

June 7, 2012 3:30 PM

DETROIT (WWJ) – Worried about a zombie attack? Buy zombie bullets.

Talk about zombies and a possible zombie apocalypse has increased due to recent gory accounts of drug-induced, flesh-eating attacks in the news.

Stores across the U.S., including in Metro Detroit, are getting in on the undead action by selling Zombie Bullets, made by Hornady Manufacturing.

In promoting the product on their website, Hornady suggests, “Be PREPARED – supply yourself for the Zombie Apocalypse with Zombie Max ammunition from Hornady! Loaded with PROVEN Z-Max bullets… MAKE DEAD PERMANENT!”

So, will this ammunition actually defend against the things that go bump in the night?

WWJ Newsradio 950′s Zahra Huber spoke with company spokesman, Everett Deger, who said, while the bullets are real, they’re only meant to be used on targets and not on people (or zombies).

(credit: Hornady)

Deger said company president Steve Hornady came up with the idea for Zombie Max bullets because of his love for zombie movies and shows.

“After it gained some acceptance among some of us here in the company got on board with the idea we decided just to have some fun with a marketing plan that would allow us to create some ammunition designed for that … fictional world,” Deger said.

He said the Zombie Max and Z-Max bullets are Hornady’s most successful products.

“This is probably one of the only (product) launches that we’ve seen when people who are not in the hunting and shooting industry will go out and they will purchase this,” Deger said.

“I mean, I’ve heard of guys who buy it just because they think the packaging is cool and they set it on their cube and they don’t even own a gun,” he said. ”It has that sort of cross-market appeal, which I think is rare to find these days, where you can actually sell something that will transcend not just one market but go into several.”

In Michigan, the bullets are available at Cabela’s. You can find other retailers selling Zombie bullets at this link.

Zombie Bullets In High Demand Following Flesh-Eating Attacks « CBS Detroit
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My Guns and Loads to Dispatch Zombies Baking on Bath Salts

Doug Giles
    Jun 10, 2012

I love Miami. Many of my conservative buddies can’t figure out why I moved here or why I stay.

I remind them quite often that Miami does have its perks:
    - The weather during the late fall through early spring is dreamy.
    - It’s green and gorgeous all year round as opposed to your brown town.
    - Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive are two of the best zoos in the world. You’ll see more freaky critters on those two avenues than you will at the most exotic zoo in Dubai.
    - The Atlantic Ocean down here is stunning, and we have first-class beaches.
    - We have superlative sport fishing—and I have the pictures to prove it.
    - And there’s never a dull moment during any state or national election.

My pals come back at me with stuff like:
    - It’s stupid hot down there in the summer.
    - It’s expensive to live in SoFla.
    - It’s vice-laden.
    - The Marlins and the Dolphins suck. Yeah? But what about the Heat?
    - Honkies are in the minority. You’d better get used to “se habla español” or you’re “se habla” screwed.
    - Miami has the worst traffic known to mankind.
    - Hurricanes use Florida as a hacky sack before they fish slap the rest of the 57 states, as Obama calls them.
    - And it’s the first place where zombies have manifested in this pre-apocalyptic time period.

Look, I can stomach the heat, hurricanes, congested highways and the perennial pusillanimous Dolphins, but they’ve got a point with the zombies.

Zombies … you’ve got to go.

Most folks are now familiar with Miami’s 2012 Memorial Day flesh eater, Rudy Eugene, who, high on bath salts, chewed the face off a 65-year-old homeless dude in broad daylight on the MacArthur Causeway. It took six rounds from an officer to take him down.

Last Saturday (6/2/12) we had another wannabe zombie. During an altercation at a Boston Market, Brandon De Leon told a Miami Dade policeman to “eff off,” violently resisted arrest and threatened to “eat” the cop just before he got tased and muzzled. Toxicology reports showed that the wannabe zombie was tripping on “Cloud 9,” a type of bath salts, plus Xanax and ganja, and his blood-alcohol level was a hefty 0.29.

Y’know, bullet manufacturer Steve Hornady might have developed a zombie product line of cartridges as a goof and a homage to his love for zombie flicks, but given these two twisted crimes he might have stumbled onto something.

Now, before lathered-up critics start laughing at the thought that I think the undead are a legit concern for us mortals to arm ourselves against, let me allay any fears and squelch that notion straight away. I don’t believe zombies are real, okay?

That said, when young adults move from drinking a Bud Light and minding their own business to snorting Calgon and eating human flesh, zombie or not … Houston, we have a problem. Apparently, now we can’t stroll MacArthur Causeway or go to Boston Market for a chicken pot pie with a side of garlicky lemon spinach without some Slingblade trying to eat our face.

Given the supernatural strength and hallucinations this new drug from hell spawns I’m steppin’ it up a notch in what I’m carrying on my person and what I’m loaded with in my house.

For personal defense I think I’ll rock it old school with an S&W 29 .44 Magnum with a 6.5-inch barrel. Not the most concealable, but OMG is she gorgeous when drawn.

My load of choice? Well, I’ve seen over and over what Barnes’ X-Bullets do to animals when hunting in the field, so I think I’ll chamber my S&W with Barnes’ XPB FBs in the 225 gr. option. I doubt the criminal cranking on Bed, Bath & Beyond’s best could take one of these to the vitals and continue to feel invincible. Indeed, they create quite the terminal wound channel; it’s about the size of your fist (FYI zombies).

For home defense I’m going to stick with the ultimate zombie zapper, the 12-gauge pump riot gun stuffed to the hilt with three-inch yummy magnums.

Man, oh man. Is this a zombie stopper, or what? I won’t tell you what I intend to do with these sweeties at the house … that’ll be just for me and the zombie dumb enough to cross the sacred threshold of my dwelling.

As for all these various self-defense scenarios my family might encounter, we will practice, practice, practice double tapping center mass at the target range at different angles and in different situations until we become zombie flawless. Yes, practice makes perfect, and I want my kin to get to a place where we don’t care if someone is straight tripping on Herbal Essence’s finest; it will be hard for him to eat our cheek meat with a fist-sized wound channel through his heart and one through his lungs.

In Doug’s world the innocent person should live and the attacking bath salt zombie should die.

Apocalypse Wow!

My Guns and Loads to Dispatch Zombies Baking on Bath Salts - Doug Giles - Townhall Conservative Columnists

Bath Salts Confessional

Posted by majestic on June 18, 2012

click the photo to enlarge

Photo: sburke2478 (CC)

Natasha Vargas-Cooper reaches deep into the heart America’s new drug nightmare (which is, ahem, bath salts), for SPIN:
    COLUMBUS, OH— On an unseasonably hot and muggy May afternoon, a squad of armed agents from the Franklin County Drug Task Force — some wearing street clothes, some wearing menacing ski masks — swarms into a storefront aptly named the Joint. Sandwiched between a liquor store and a sex shop, and adjacent to the Ohio State University campus, the Joint is one of 18 different head shops, gas stations, carryout restaurants, and mini-marts being searched this day by seven task force teams consisting of several dozen officers from numerous local police departments and prosecutors’ offices, all spearheaded by the County Sheriff here in the state capital.

Make no mistake: This is no ordinary pot bust. The raids are part of the ongoing Operation Synthetic Drugs, a highly coordinated and choreographed sweep through central Ohio. The target of this operation — which has received assistance from the DEA and the FBI — is a strand of a relatively obscure but insidiously metastasizing illegal substance marketed under the name “bath salts,” a deceptively innocuous moniker used to disguise the drug as a benign household product.

As small knots of sweaty tweakers gape from across the street, visibly frustrated that one of their favorite haunts is being hit, the law-enforcement troops inside the Joint hit pay dirt. After a meticulous, two-and-a-half-hour ceiling-to-floor toss, the cops emerge with a bulging Hefty bag and cardboard cartons brimming with $70,000 worth of synthetic marijuana known as Spice and what they assume to be bath salts, the latter being sold in little foil packets. By the time night falls, the task force teams seize $250,000 in illegal synthetic drugs in the greater Columbus area. Selling and possessing bath salts in Ohio is a felony, yet due to loopholes in state and federal laws, the anonymity of the Internet, and the pace at which the chemicals can be altered, prosecuting anyone above a street-level seller and buyer currently poses a stiff challenge…

[continues at SPIN]

Bath Salts Confessional | Disinformation
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 10-04-2012 at 05:32 PM.

Zombie Bullets: US ammo producers cash in on Zombie Apocalypse fears

Published: 08 June, 2012, 17:00

AFP Photo/Julio Cesar Aguilar

TAGS: Crime, Health, Thrills&Spills, Drugs, Internet, Mass media, USA

A weapon against zombies is being sold across the US after a series of cannibal attacks shocked the country. The largest independent producer of bullets in the world says their Zombie Max ammunition is a response to the flesh-eating crimes.

Hornady Manufacturing Company, an American maker of ammunition and hand-loading components has decided to cash in on current zombie terror.

Zombie Bullets are designed for those who want to be ready and fully-equipped for what the company calls “a Zombie Apocalypse.”

Zombie fascination is also bouncing around the internet, recently becoming the third most-popular search term on Google. Conspiracies and expectation of the Zombie Apocalypse have even forced the US Center for Disease Control to address the American public and deny the threat.
    But the move has obviously failed to calm the situation down.

Hornandy say their bullets are sure to kill for good.
    “Be PREPARED – supply yourself for the Zombie Apocalypse with Zombie Max ammunition from Hornady! Loaded with PROVEN Z-Max bullets… MAKE DEAD PERMANENT!” – says the promotion on the company’s website.

Image from wvoutpost.com
    ­Company spokesman Everett Deger told WWJ Newsradio 950: “We decided just to have some fun with a marketing plan that would allow us to create some ammunition designed for that … fictional world.”
    He also added that Zombie Max and Z-Max bullets are Hornady’s most successful products.

But it’s not just weapons. Principles of theoretical defense against zombies are also proving popular in the US right now. A Zombie Apocalypse Survival Class is being offered in the city of Conover. About a dozen people paid between $50 and $75 to take the first lesson Thursday night, WCNC.com reports.

"We focus on self-defense, firearms and how to handle apocalyptic situations. It could be anything from a nuclear bomb to a hurricane to an enemy invasion," says Jack Simons, Jr., the course creator.

He added that it is "Basically, a survival course with a zombie theme."
    A recent outbreak of bizarre attacks triggered zombie conspiracies across the US. Some blame drugs, others believe it’s a psychiatric issue, but macabre zombie-style crimes have put the country on undead alert.

Last week, a man in Miami attacked and ate the face of his victim – a homeless man, and was shot dead by police. The victim survived, but doctors are having a hard time piecing his face together. Then, an engineering student in Maryland allegedly stabbed a man to death and ate his heart and brain. In Canada, police are on the hunt for a porn actor who reportedly slaughtered, dismembered, sexually violated the body and then ate his victim.

The zombie paranoia inspired two young men in Miami to stage a prank: video shot by an operator hiding in a parked car shows a young man wearing a blood-stained shirt. The“zombie” approaches passers-by with a roar and attacks them from behind. Vividly recalling recent bloody events in the city, most locals run away in a panic. The video quickly became an online hit.

Image from stephenhunt.net

Zombie Bullets: US ammo producers cash in on Zombie Apocalypse fears — RT

New 'bath salts' zombie-drug makes Americans eat each other

Published: 07 June, 2012, 23:38

Bath salts

TAGS: Health, Drugs, Law, USA, North America

Move over, mild hallucinations! The newest narcotic ravaging the US isn’t bought on corners or pilfered from pharmacies, but sold legally in stores under an unassuming name. Bath salts are all the rage, but are users becoming flesh-hungry monsters?

In 2010, the American Association of Poison Control Centers received only about 300 reports relating to the usage of “bath salts,” a man-made substance available across the country that, if consumed, can cause extreme side-effects. By the end of 2011, poison control received an additional 6,000 calls about the drug and now, after a rash of bizarre incidents where the substance was believed to play a role, bath salt abuse is becoming a nation-wide epidemic.

By May 1, 2012, the US Poison Control Centers have seen 1,007 reports already this year related to bath salt abuse — nearly four times what they experienced in all of 2010.

Bath salts are still legal in much of the United States, but a string of recent episodes where Americans believed to be under the influence of the narcotic engaged in zombie-like behavior has brought the drug to the forefront of the public’s attention.

"Bath salts can cause psychosis, agitation and paranoia. They can basically turn a person into a wild beast. I have treated bath salt users in the emergency department who have extreme paranoia and super human strength to the point that they can break through handcuffs," Dr. Daniel Bober, a psychiatrist, tells Miami’s KPLC News. And distributors, he says, are able to continuously find markets for the drug because it is easy to make, cheap to sell and easy to deter law enforcement.

"Bath salts is the name street chemists are giving the drug in order to skirt the law and fly below the radar of law enforcement," Dr. Bober adds.
    This week, the Marine Corps Times published an article claiming that bath salt abuse among members of the US military was on the rise. Navy Lt. George Loeffler, chief psychiatry resident at Naval Medical Center San Diego, says that not only is the drug “so popular in the military,” but that “They actually market it to the fact that that they don’t pop positive on the standard urine drug screen.”

In early 2011, newspapers in small towns such as Cranford, New Jersey and Easton, Pennsylvania were reporting that users were snorting, smoking or injecting bath salts to get high, only to be transformed into an uncontrollable psychotic state. Last March the mother of William J. Parisio told the Star-Ledger that her son was believed to be under the influence of bath salts when he was charged with the murder of his girlfriend; a PA couple made repeated 911 calls for help in catching a nonexistent criminal a month later after experiencing severe hallucinations, Lehigh Valley’s The Morning Call reports; elsewhere, the use of bath salts was linked to an incident where a man slayed a goat while wearing woman’s underwear.

Last month, however, the now infamous encounter between a homeless man and a suspected bath salt user reignited discussion of the drug. On May 26, a 31-year-old man stripped a homeless person naked under a highway overpass and attempted to eat his victim’s face for minutes until police shot the suspect dead — but not before he devoured three-fourths of his fleshy feast. Officers investigating the Miami, Florida incident say that they believe bath salt use could have played a role, and less than a month after that episode, similar accounts have been reported: police say that, across the US, there have been no fewer than three incidents since late May where persons high on bath salts tried to literally eat other humans.

“The packaging would say something like ‘DEA Compliant’ or ‘Not for Human Consumption. If Consumed Call the Poison Control Center,’ ” Louisiana Poison Center Director Mark Ryan tells the Christian Science Monitor. “It was almost like the manufacturer was thumbing their nose at us.”

“People thought: ‘How bad could it be? It’s called bath salts,’ ” Chief Deputy Troy Morton from the Penobscot Country Sheriff’s Department in Maine adds to the Monitor. “Once it got here and people learned about it, it took off like fire because it was legal, and it was extremely cheap.”
    What people are paying, however, is hardly a bargain. Ingredients in bath salts — usually concentrated with a substantial dose of methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV) — can cause hallucinations, psychosis and dangerous behavior. As the drug first a surge in use, authorities described its effects as a high similar to LSD-induced trips that could sometimes include amphetamine-like palpitations and paranoia. After the latest outbreak of bizarre incidents, though, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention was pressed to publically say, no, the “CDC does not know of a virus or condition that would reanimate the dead (or one that would present zombie-like symptoms).”

Witnesses of bath salt abuse think they might know what is to blame, though.

"I never thought I'd find her in the condition she was in," Tonya Phillips tells Virginia’s News Leader of encountering her daughter during a bath salt binge. "I was shocked. Her eyes were sunk back in her head. She had sores, almost like boils, on her body from the bath salts. It just eats them up. You could tell by looking at her she was dehydrated, she was just skin and bones. She was hallucinating bad. It was horrible."

The US Congress is currently considering legislation that, if passed, would ban many MDPV as well as mephedrone and dozens of other chemicals found in bath salts and synthetic drugs. North of the border, lawmakers hope to MDPV as a Schedule 1 narcotic of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, making its possession and trafficking on par with that of heroin and cocaine.

Notwithstanding roadblocks, bath salts — or at least its main ingredients — will be banned in Canada by this fall. Because the man-made core ingredients of the designer drug are usually factory-created compounds that emulate the effects of other narcotics, though, scientists that can continue to one-up law enforcement by synthesizing drugs quicker than the feds can identify them.

New 'bath salts' zombie-drug makes Americans eat each other — RT

Related: 'Zombie attack

'I'm a eat you': Crazed naked man high on bath salts threatens to eat police officers as they try to arrest him on golf course

By Daily Mail Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 01:01 EST, 3 July 2012 | UPDATED: 06:16 EST, 3 July 2012
    Comments (41)

Newest 'cannibal': Karl Laventure apparently told police he wanted to eat their faces

A 'zombie cannibal' was tasered by police after he charged at them wielding a golf club.
    Karl Laventure, 21, was believed to be high on bath salts when he tried to attack the officers in Lilburn, Georgia.

And after they had managed to subdue him he began threatening to eat them.

Laventure appeared out of some woods and was seen running naked around a golf range near Atlanta, swinging a club around his head and screaming.

Police said that it took several officers to subdue the man who had 'super-human strength'.

'He came running at us out of the woodline,' officer Ross Hancock told local station WSBTV.
    At first, they tried using pepper spray to stop him, but that left him undeterred.

'He didn't even wipe his eyes, he just kept them open,' Mr Hancock said of the pepper spray.

They then turned to their Tasers and though that momentarily shocked Laventure to the ground, it did not stop him.

Trouble: It took several police officers a significant amount of effort to subdue Karl Laventure when he was allegedly high on bathsalts

'We had to Tase him approximately five more times on scene to get him down. It took several officers to hold him down to get him cuffed,' Mr Hancock told the station.

A video clip of the June 14 arrest shows Laventure lying face down on the ground, shirtless, mumbling seemingly disconnected thoughts and threatening to eat the faces of the officers.

More...

'He was still talking gibberish, still cussing, still saying he wanted to eat us, eat other people,' Mr Hancock added.

The video shows him talking about the deceased rappers Biggie and Tupac, making animal sounds, and continuing to threaten the police officers.

Strong: Police sprayed him with pepper spray and shocked him with a taser five times before they were able to get him on the ground

Interrupted: Witnesses saw a naked Laventure running around the Atlanta Golf Center on June 14 'making animal noises'

'Among other things he said "I'm'a eat you. I'll eat you, I don't want to eat you but I will,"' one witness told Fox News.

Though they controlled him enough to force him to a nearby hospital, he attacked one of the nurses on the scene and another fight ensued.

His behavior is being blamed on the use of the synthetic drug called bath salts, which was also linked to previous violent outbursts throughout the country.

'I've never had to encounter somebody who acted like this before, so there's no telling what they may do when they are high on this drug,' Mr Hancock said.

There have been a number of 'cannibal' incidents linked to bath salts in recent weeks.

Bath salts, a synthetic amphetamine cocktail known as 'the new LSD', was the believed drug of choice for Rudy Eugene, who he chewed off homeless man Ronald Poppo's face in Miami in May.
    While a man in Louisiana, Carl Jacquneaux, was arrested when he bit off a piece of his neighbour's cheek, which a friend blamed on bath salts.

Read more:

Read more: Man high on bath salts 'strips naked and attacks police officers on golf course saying that he wants to eat their faces' | Mail Online
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 10-04-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast