Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Stupid in America 20/20 (If you have kids in school) watch

Stupid in America

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx4pN-aiofw

I am posting this because part of this HUGE Stimulus package from the Obama administration is going to public schools

If you can watch this and not be mad.. there is something wrong with you
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Public schools and the media+Hollywood have did more damage to our youth then any propaganda camp in a third world country could, my advice if you have the resources remove your children from public schools.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

A reporter asked a high school student "Do you think ignorance is the reason for indifference on this issue?" referring to a debate on the campus about upcoming changes. The student replied "I don't know and I don't care..."
    As a society we don't value intelligence and integrity as we should, so how can we expect kids to find value in being smart. How can we blame a school for a person not wanting to be a thinker. The best we can do as a society is show there's value in being knowledgeable and smart.
    How many times have we seen someone write "Your right!" meaning you are right, when we're taught in grade school it should be "You're right!" Going to college doesn't make you a thinker, and getting the right answer on a quiz doesn't mean as much as knowing WHY the answer is right. So unless we encourage our kids to not just get a passing grade, but to think and know, the situation won't improve.

Re: Stupid in America 20/20 (If you have kids in school) w

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    Stupid in America

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx4pN-aiofw

I am posting this because part of this HUGE Stimulus package from the Obama administration is going to public schools

If you can watch this and not be mad.. there is something wrong with you
    Payback for the NEA and state teachers unions. People should inquire about the special effort that was made to "push" a somewhat ersatz civics curriculum focused on this election in the public schools in many of the states. It exceeded anything from 2000 & 2004.