Page 55 of 83 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Like Tree187Likes

Thread: Thanksgiving, Christmas & Holiday Season Assorted Stuff

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Peanutty Cranberry Bars

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap RecipesJar Gift & Kitchen Mixes & Gifts from The Kitchen › Peanutty Cranberry Bars

Tagged: cranberry, cranberry recipes

Viewing 0 reply threads

November 17, 2020 at 8:29 am#594026

oveqo
    Easy Peasy Peanutty Cranberry Bars! Fresh cranberries and peanut butter chips combine to create a fruity layer of deliciousness! If you’re not a fan of peanut butter, use chocolate chips or white chocolate chips. I LOVE these with white chocolate chips and a handful of chopped macadamia nuts.
    Peanutty Cranberry Bars

1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick) , softened
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1/4 cup light brown sugar packed
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 cup Peanut Butter Chips
    1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen whole cranberries
    2/3 cup light corn syrup
    1/2 cup water
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 8-inch square baking pan.
    2. Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in medium bowl until fluffy. Stir together flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, mixing until mixture is consistency of coarse crumbs. Stir in peanut butter chips.
    3. Reserve 1-1/2 cups mixture for crumb topping. Firmly press remaining mixture evenly into prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes or until set. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine cranberries, corn syrup and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture boils. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Spread evenly over baked layer. Sprinkle reserved 1-1/2 cups crumbs evenly over top.
    4. Return to oven. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 16 bars.

See also: Make Your Own Pean

Peanutty Cranberry Bars-id#594026- by Budget101.com

If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

A Simple Veggie Dish That Will Steal the Show

November 2, 2020by BECKY TARALA
    1.8M Shares

POPSUGAR is excited to present this cinnamon butter baked carrots recipe from Becky Tarala, the blogger behind The Two Bite Club.

November 9, 2022by BECKY TARALA

POPSUGAR is excited to present this cinnamon butter baked carrots recipe from Becky Tarala, the blogger behind The Two Bite Club.

If your Thanksgiving menu is in need of a simple yet beautiful side dish, cinnamon butter baked carrots are the way to go. This easy-to-make recipe features fresh carrots that are smothered in cinnamon butter and then baked in the oven until they are perfectly glazed and tender. With its vibrant colors, the stunning presentation and sweet cinnamon butter sauce, these carrots are sure to steal the show this holiday. Your guests will be begging for the recipe before they even get a taste, by the smell alone.

Menu planning for Thanksgiving is no joke. Sure, when you first think about it, the whole process seems pretty simple and straightforward. You roast a big turkey, make a few sides, throw in a few rolls, and you're good to go.
    It's when you actually sit down to make your shopping list that things start getting real.
    A million thoughts start running through your mind. Is a 19-pound turkey big enough? Shoot, maybe not. Maybe we should serve ham, too. Homemade pumpkin pie or store-bought? Sweet potatoes with marshmallows or without? No, wait. A brown sugar pecan topping is better. SO. MUCH. TO. DO.

I've hosted holidays in our home for quite a few years now and, while there will always be a million things running through my mind as I plan, I've gotten pretty good at coming up with a well-rounded menu.
    One thing that I have realized over the years is that the first draft of my menu usually ends up a little bit on the rich side. (Yes, I have a first draft. I take this holiday hosting thing very seriously!)
    I love to serve a variety of casseroles with our turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes, and while everything I plan to make is absolutely delicious, my menu usually begs for something simple, fresh, and beautiful to balance out the heavy, rich dishes I initially crave.

That's how these cinnamon butter baked carrots came to be. I wanted to add one more easy-to-prepare side dish to our feast, and carrots seemed to be the perfect choice.
    I decided to pair the carrots with classic flavors and dressed them with butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Super simple, but absolutely delicious! Sometimes a little bit of simplicity is just what my menu needs.

After baking in the oven, the Thanksgiving carrots come out perfectly tender and so, so delicious. For me, the best part is the sweet, sticky cinnamon butter sauce that the carrots bake in. Once you transfer the baked carrots to a serving platter, you drizzle that irresistible cinnamon butter over the top, and it's like the icing on the cake!
    If you add these beautiful Thanksgiving carrots to your menu, I think it's only fair to warn you that the smell while they are baking is simply intoxicating. Once you get a whiff of that sweet cinnamon bubbling away, you'll forget all about the turkey!
    Related:

Cinnamon Butter Baked Carrots

Original Recipe
    NOTES

This recipe can be prepped in advance and refrigerated until ready to bake. The amount of cinnamon can be increased to 1 teaspoon if you like extra cinnamon on your carrots.
    INGREDIENTS

1. 15 carrots, peeled and stems removed
      1/3 cup butter, softened
      1/2 cup sugar
      1 teaspoon kosher salt
      1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
      1/3 cup boiling water
      1 tablespoon orange juice
      Fresh parsley, chopped, optional

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
    2. Clean carrots and arrange in a 9" x 13" baking dish.
    3. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. While the mixer is running, slowly add the boiling water and orange juice.
    4. Pour mixture over the carrots and cover the dish with aluminum foil. Bake for 90 minutes.
    5. Remove the foil and transfer carrots to a serving platter. Drizzle carrots with the melted cinnamon butter from the baking dish. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.

INFORMATION

Category Side DishesCuisine North AmericanYield 6 servingsTotal Time 1 hour, 29 minutes, 59 seconds

Easy Thanksgiving Carrots Recipe | POPSUGAR Food
    Last edited by Airbornesapper07; 12-15-2022 at 12:05 AM.
    If you're gonna fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark... and brother its starting to rain. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If it works, it works

It's CHEAP to make; make it for the Fisherman in your life. Add a 3-foot section of 1/2 rebar to drive in the ground and place the tubing on it

Last edited by Airbornesapper07; 12-15-2022 at 05:04 AM.

Last edited by Airbornesapper07; 12-15-2022 at 10:39 PM.