Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Three Republican senators weigh in on delaying Kavanaugh vote

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Three Republican senators weigh in on delaying Kavanaugh vote

Three Republican senators weigh in on delaying Kavanaugh vote

By Kate Sullivan and Steve Brusk, CNN
    Updated 12:02 AM ET, Mon September 17, 2018

Flake sits on the Senate Judiciary Committee and was the first Republican to join Democrats in urging a delay in the committee vote, planned for Thursday, until the panel has heard from Christine Blasey Ford, who alleges Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her more than three decades ago, The Washington Post and Politico reported Sunday."I've made it clear that I'm not comfortable moving ahead with the vote on Thursday if we have not heard her side of the story or explored this further," the Arizona senator told the Post.

Flake did not say to the Post what form the communication with Ford should take or how he plans to vote. He told Politico, "We need to hear from her. And I don't think I'm alone in this."

In a statement on Friday, Kavanaugh denied the reported allegations that while at a party during his time in high school, he pushed a woman, who then had not been publicly identified, into a room, locked the door to the room along with another male and tried to take off the woman's clothes.

"I categorically and unequivocally deny this allegation. I did not do this back in high school or at any time," his statement said.

Corker also believes Kavanaugh's accuser should be heard out before the Judiciary Committee votes on his nomination, the Tennessee senator's spokesperson, Micah Johnson, said in a statement to CNN. Corker, however, does not sit on the panel.

Ford came forward publicly Sunday, detailing her allegations about the Supreme Court nominee in an interview with the Post. As her private outreach to California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein became public over the past week, she decided to go ahead and speak out herself, Sunday's report said.

In the Post's report on Sunday, Ford alleged Kavanaugh "pinned her to a bed on her back and groped her over her clothes, grinding his body against hers" while trying to remove her clothes. "When she tried to scream, she said, he put his hand over her mouth," but ultimately she was able to run from the room, the report added.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/16/polit...ugh/index.html
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Six of the nine top stories currently in this forum are concerning the sexual allegation against Kavanaugh. Out of curiosity, since you submitted them all, why didn't you just place them all in one thread? Certainly would have took up a lot less space.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn