Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    Ok, what can be done?

1. There are other options beside impeachment, right?
    Options for what? Prosecution? The President is exempt from prosecution while holding office.

2. What about the legal principle we see in cases like 'felony murder' that can be charged against people who were not pulling the trigger, RICO, conspiracy, accessory, etc.?
    Unlikely. There would have to be some direct connection to the alleged crime - such as proof of direct orders to an underling to commit a crime.

3. Too bad he seems impervious to young interns. Or perhaps, just as well for their sake.
    I note that no one has actually commented on the questions in the opening post or tried to rebut my conclusion.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    What about refusing to protect us against invasion?
    Of course I'm with you, The idea of one of those other idiots in his place is to scary for me
    Unfortunately, dereliction of duty is not among the impeachable offenses. For problems like that, the Founding Fathers provided quadrennial elections. I suggest that we start mobilizing for the primaries now by selecting one or more genuinely trustworthy candidates who are on record as supporting tough border enforcement, opposing amnesty, and standing for national sovereignty. We then need to mobilize support for such candidates in a national get-out-the-vote campaign.

I agree with Crocket. Even if there were an impeachment (and there will not be one), it would do no good. The replacements in line are as bad or worse than bush.

I also agree that the way to turn this around is to get a good jump on the primaries and throw considerable weight (and money) behind the candidate(s) that we support. Tancredo, Paul, Hunter. I do hope they join forces before we get there. The three of them have to know they do not have a chance if they split the vote.

Good Lord NO, Crocket, I hate the thought of That, Woman, as President, besides we know we could not afford her services, if she were President, she would proabably try to commendere the spaceship challenger, to fly her back and forth to see her family who remain behind in CA!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Invasion aside, would it be possible to impeach Bush when we get more NAU evidence? I am sitting back on the impeachment issue, but I would be happy if it happened. I agree the timing now is kind of late for this, but I really want the NAU stopped, and I want the future of it terminated.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowgirl
    Invasion aside, would it be possible to impeach Bush when we get more NAU evidence? I am sitting back on the impeachment issue, but I would be happy if it happened. I agree the timing now is kind of late for this, but I really want the NAU stopped, and I want the future of it terminated.
    Again, on what charges?

This is what I'm talking about. It's easy to sling stuff against the wall to see if it sticks, but the simple fact is that impeachment is a VERY dicey prospect even under the best of conditions. Clinton was cold busted for perjury (an actual crime) but was not convicted. Nixon was busted for Watergate (which involved several actual crimes) but simply stepped down and named a successor who pardoned him.

I'm very confused here.

What happens after impeachment?
    The next step?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We'd never get to Her Royal Heiness, President Pelosi. If Bush were to be impeached, which as the Ghost has pointed out is unfounded at this point, by the time the impeachment squad turned around to get President Cheney it would be election time 2008.

As for Bush and the border agents, he has blinders on right now. One analyst discussed that some presidents toward the end of their second term become so focused on one major issue, all else is pushed aside. I don't know how true that is, but Clinton had his own impeachment, Reagan had the USSR, etc. Bush knows this war is his legacy, whether good or bad. He definitely wants this done before he leaves office, though he has discussed it being left to the next prez. I'd be surprised if he even knows that much about Ramos and Compean.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

"What happens after impeachment?
    The next step?"

Reality TV shows with Eric Estada, China, and Mini-Me.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TyRANTosaur
    We'd never get to Her Royal Heiness, President Pelosi. If Bush were to be impeached, which as the Ghost has pointed out is unfounded at this point, by the time the impeachment squad turned around to get President Cheney it would be election time 2008.

As for Bush and the border agents, he has blinders on right now. One analyst discussed that some presidents toward the end of their second term become so focused on one major issue, all else is pushed aside. I don't know how true that is, but Clinton had his own impeachment, Reagan had the USSR, etc. Bush knows this war is his legacy, whether good or bad. He definitely wants this done before he leaves office, though he has discussed it being left to the next prez. I'd be surprised if he even knows that much about Ramos and Compean.
    TYRANT
    it still makes no sense.

IMPEACHMENT is simply the 'hearing'.........not the REMOVAL of the official.

I'm assuming that everyone knows that 'impeachment' is merely the first step and there's about 0 chance of a majority vote.

Of course, there's always the issue of one administration PASSING THE BATON to the next to further the NAU agenda.

So, my next question is, "why would Cheney or Pelosi do any different?"
    Especially since the agenda is set in stone with both parties?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast