Trump wins primaries in Florida, Ohio and Illinois

03/22/2024 // Ramon Tomey // 750 Views

Tags: 2024 election, awakening, big government, cancel Democrats, Donald Trump, Florida, General Election, GOP primaries, Illinois, ohio, presidential election, presidential nomination, progress, Republican Party, Trump, Trump 2024, Vote Republican, White House

Former President Donald Trump continues his winning streak in primaries.The real estate mogul won the GOP primaries in Florida, Ohio and Illinois all held on March 19. He's now the lone horse in the race as he already has enough delegates to secure the party's nomination. However, this won't be announced until the Republican National Committee's convention in Milwaukee over the summer.
Trump got 79 delegates in the Buckeye State, 125 in the Sunshine State and 31 in the Prairie State. Meanwhile, President Joe Biden also won the Democratic Party primaries. Trump and Biden are set to face off in the November general election, a repeat of their clash in 2020.
Earlier that day, Trump cast his ballot in Florida along with his wife Melania. Incidentally, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis – who dropped out of the presidential race months ago – still took home nearly four percent of the vote in his home state. (Related: DeSantis withdraws from presidential race, endorses DONALD TRUMP.)
Trump's wins in three states came almost two weeks after Super Tuesday, where he won 14 of 15 state primaries on March 5. The lone state that he didn't win was Vermont, which voted for former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley as its nominee. She had earlier won the Washington, D.C. primary.
Despite not winning in Vermont on Super Tuesday, Trump "carried other states that might have been favorable to her such as Virginia, Massachusetts and Maine." These states, according to the Associated Press, "have large swaths of moderate voters like those who have backed her in previous primaries."
Trump's dominant run in primaries a signal for his rivals to WITHDRAW from the race

Trump began the race with several rivals for the party's nomination. But his racking up win after win in various primaries eventually served as a signal for them to withdraw from the race.
In January, DeSantis and entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy both dropped out after they lost at the Iowa caucuses. Both conceded defeat and endorsed Trump in two separate statements.
"I think it is true that we did not achieve the surprise that we wanted to deliver. As of this moment, we are going to suspend this presidential campaign. There is no path for me to be the next president," Ramaswamy said on Jan. 15. He also announced that Trump would be receiving his "full endorsement."
Meanwhile, DeSantis said on Jan. 21: "Following our second-place finish in Iowa, we've prayed and deliberated on the path forward. It's clear to me that a majority of Republican primary voters want to give Trump another chance."
In contrast, Haley did not withdraw from the race from the period between the Iowa caucuses and Super Tuesday in March. But the former U.S. ambassador to the United Nations eventually conceded in favor of her former boss after Super Tuesday.
"In all likelihood, Trump will be the [GOP] nominee with [the Republican National Convention] meets in July," she told supporters during her withdrawal speech. "I congratulate him and wish him well. I wish anyone well who would be America's president."
But while Haley extended her congratulations to her former boss, she stopped short of endorsing him. "It is now up to Trump to earn the votes of those in our party and beyond it who did not support him," she said. "And I hope he does that."
Head over to Trump.news for more stories about the former president ahead of the November presidential election.
Watch this video about Donald Trump's wins in 14 state primaries on Super Tuesday.

This video is from the Right Edition channel on Brighteon.com.
More related stories:

Nikki Haley finally DROPS OUT of Republican presidential race after burning through huge donation war chest.
SUPER TRUMP wins 14 of 15 states on Super Tuesday, forcing Haley to withdraw from GOP presidential race.
DeSantis DROPS OUT of presidential race, leaving Trump as clear Republican nominee.
Vivek Ramaswamy drops out of Republican primary race, endorses Donald Trump.
Sources include:
ThePostMillennial.com
TheEpochTimes.com
LifeSiteNews.com
Breitbart.com
Brighteon.com

Trump wins primaries in Florida, Ohio and Illinois – NaturalNews.com