Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    You can't experiment on people without their knowledge and permission.
    Yeah, that's just sick!!!
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    . . . According to this article the Guatamalen leaders gave the okay to experiment on their citizens. So they knew about this study.
    The Guatemalan government knowing about this and approving it doesn't make it legal, ethical or moral.

You can't experiment on people without their knowledge and permission.

NBC News reporter Robert Bazell says mental patients and prostitutes were unwittingly injected in the experiments from 1946 to 1948.

She reported that the U.S. had gained permission from Guatemalan officials to conduct the study, but did not inform the experimental subjects.
    I realize that. I was only tyring to point out that the Guatamalen Leaders KNEW of the experiements, even though they said they didnt know. I think its horrendous people without any knowledge of the experimemt were used guinea pigs.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

More at this link

Saturday, October 02, 2010
    by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger
    Editor of NaturalNews.com (See all articles...)
    Email this article to a friend Printable Version FREE Email Newsletter

7diggsdigg 503Share
    Share/Save/Bookmark
    Get Health Ranger daily news via email

Your email privacy is 100% protected.

(NaturalNews) It has now been widely revealed that the United States conducted medical experiments on prisoners and mental health patients in Guatemala in the 1940's. Carried out by a government-employed doctor working in a psychiatric hospital, these experiments involved intentionally infecting Guatemalans with syphilis (and other STDs) without their knowledge in order to determine the effectiveness of penicillin. They were sponsored in part by the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), and they've now been widely reported by ABC News, the Washington Post and many other mainstream papers (who have suddenly taken an interest in a subject they normally wouldn't touch).

http://www.naturalnews.com/029924_medic ... emala.html

then this:
    Psychiatry: an Industry of Death(this is a very disturbing video)

http://www.cchr.org/museum.html%23/muse ... seum/intro

Kathyet

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    C'mon, the government would never try to cover something like this up. It's just another conspiracy theory. And I'm sure there's nothing else the government is doing right now, or has been doing for the past few years, that is "abhorrent" and "clearly unethical" that they'd ever try to keep from the people.
    It does seem to shoot holes in the idea that no conspiracy would be capable of keeping secrets from the public.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    huh? Where in the hell did this come from and why have i never heard of this before in my entire life despite my devotion to American politics and history?

Is this real or is this propaganda?

W
    They do a pretty good job of keeping these things a secret. That is why our country is so screwed up right now, because by the time we find out about these types of things, the damage is done. Just like with illegal immigration and just about everything else. Secrecy. We can't do anything about it if we don't know about it.

In the case of the Tuskegee Experiment....that was exposed. But it was exposed AFTER the damage was done and even some people died. I suppose one of the reasons the Guatemala experiment was hidden for so long is that it was done on foreign soil. But the Guatemalan government had to be complicit in the experiment. I don't know why they are whining. How did the US get access to prisoners and mental patients? Someone had to give them access.

I am not saying the US is not guilty. I am saying the Guatemalan government is just as guilty for allowing it to happen. And actually, it was not the US government per se. It was the investigators who were running the experiment who are really the guilty ones. They used taxpayer money though.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Obama orders review after revelations of '40s-era Guatemala

Obama orders review after revelations of '40s-era Guatemala syphilis study

November 29, 2010 | 9:06 am

The White House has ordered a comprehensive review of medical research guidelines after revelations last month that the U.S. knowingly infected hundreds of Guatemalan prisoners and patients with syphilis or gonorrhea in the 1940s.

President Obama's directive last week to convene a Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues is another acknowledgement of, as the president said, "past abuses" in U.S. medical research since medical historian Susan Reverby revealed that the U.S. Public Health Service exposed thousands in Guatemala to the sexually transmitted diseases without their knowledge or consent.

Obama called Guatemalan President Alvaro Colom in early October to apologize on behalf of his government, and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton called the research "abhorrent." Here's previous coverage in La Plaza. Here's the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services information page on the Guatemalan experiment.

Conducted between 1946 and 1948, the study in Guatemala was meant to test whether penicillin could treat syphilis and other STDs. It was led by an American doctor, John Cutler, who would later lead the infamous Tuskegee experiment in Alabama, in which African American men with syphilis were observed as the disease progressed without treatment.

Although the Guatemalan study occurred more than 60 years ago, some pharmaceutical companies have shifted their clinical trials overseas, making the question of protection of human subjects in medical research still relevant today, notes the journal Nature.

Obama's order calls for a panel to work for nine months beginning in January to examine whether federal and international regulations adequately guard subjects in medical studies supported by the U.S. government.

"While I believe the research community has made tremendous progress in the area of human subjects' protection, what took place in Guatemala is a sobering reminder of past abuses," Obama said. "We owe it to the people of Guatemala and future generations of volunteers who participate in medical research."

-- Daniel Hernandez in Mexico City

Twitter: @latimesworld
    Facebook: latimesworld

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/laplaza ... a+Plaza%29
    Last edited by JohnDoe2; 06-13-2012 at 07:21 PM.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12