Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

UAW PRESIDENT: ROB THE PEOPLE'S BANK

UAW PRESIDENT: ROB THE PEOPLE'S BANK

By: Devvy
    December 15, 2008

© 2008 - NewsWithViews.com

It seems like I've been writing about saving American jobs forever. Actually, along with thousands of others, we began yelling at the top of our lungs back in 1993 when the vile NAFTA treaty was about to be passed. We warned what would happen and sure as the sun shines, millions of good paying jobs have vanished since unconstitutional treaties like NAFTA, GATT and CAFTA were passed by corrupt Congresses controlled by both parties. Union and non-union jobs went over seas to our enemy the communist Chinese; Americans were left standing in unemployment lines.

I watched a press conference, December 12, 2008. UAW president, Ron Gettelfinger, lashed out at the Republicans (I am not a Republican) for the plight facing his union members. It's all their fault these unlawful loans got voted down last week. When I say unlawful, that's exactly what I mean. Following Gettelfinger's speech, I caught a segment on FAUX News Network between cell challenged anchor, Shepard Smith, and former judge, Andrew Napolitano. Napolitano told Smith, and I'm paraphrasing: We've had this discussion before, Shep. Congress has NO authority to take money from the we the people to give to another group of people who want it. Congress has NO authority to make these loans to the private sector regardless of what product they produce.

Gettelfinger doesn't care about the U.S. Constitution anymore than Lee Iacocca did when he went begging to Congress on behalf of Chrysler decades ago. A dangerous precedent was set back then. Now, everyone can see the madness going on in Washington, DC., because once these thieves in Congress break the law at the demand of the mob, it gets easier to do again and again and again. The Chrysler Bail Out Bust is a worthy read (maybe five minutes of your time) because it provides Americans with the truth about the so-called success of that bail out:

"July 13, 1983. Chrysler Corporation auto sales are roaring into high gear. And so is the myth of the Great Chrysler Comeback. The resurgence of the once dying auto maker has become the favorite example cited by proponents of national industrial policy who call for massive and costly federal efforts to revive what they describe as a desperately ailing American economy. The way they tell the story, Chrysler in 1979 seemed destined for bankruptcy, and now it's showing a profit..... If it all seems too good to be true, it is because it isn't true. The popular version of the Chrysler bail-out is simply a fairy tale. The bail-out is a bust. Closer scrutiny of it reveals that the "great success" rests on a bedrock of myths and half truths."

Do Americans care about the big three auto makers? Yes, we care about the workers, but as I pointed out in a recent column: Who was watching the books for these corporations? Where were the stock holders getting those dividend checks when the balance sheet continued to show for years, losses in the BILLIONS every quarter with nothing being done to bring those companies in line and stop the insane spending?

Gettelfinger wants to blame (unlawfully serving) U.S. Senators who represent Southern States where foreign auto makers have factories. Why doesn't Gettelfinger put the blame where it really belongs?

1. NAFTA and the other unconstitutional trade treaties allowed unfair trade and flooded this country with cheap garbage from foreign countries. Under NAFTA, hundreds of thousands of jobs, including auto industry jobs, were lost to Mexican employees south of the border doing factory work that used to belong to American workers. The result for me was junk parts and endless time at the Ford dealership's repair facility. Ford lost a lot of money on that one vehicle and the general manager told me that since NAFTA, they had nothing but substandard parts come out of Mexico costing a king's ransom in warranty work.

NAFTA was signed into law by Bill Clinton who is not a Republican. It's no secret the big unions in this country support Democrats in huge numbers over Republicans. The Republicans did nothing to get rid of NAFTA, GATT and CAFTA while they held power from January 1995 to January 2007. In came the big change Democrats grabbing power in January 2007 and have done NOTHING since to get US out of those unconstitutional destructive trade treaties. As a result, our most important job sectors have died a slow, agonizing death. Union and non union jobs in textiles, cars, agriculture, steel workers, etc.

Do Americans remember during the phony primaries when Hillary Clinton and Barack Hussein Obama aka Barry Soetoro, aka Barry Obama, aka Barack Dunham, aka Barry Dunham, exchanged spit over NAFTA? Both of them served (unlawfully) in the U.S. Senate. How many bills did they introduce to get the US out of NAFTA? Not one. Congressman Virgil Goode (Republican) did: H. Con. Res. 22 introduced on January 10, 2007. However, it went no where because the Democrats who care so much for the middle class refused to get it passed. NAFTA (No American Factories Taking Applications) is unconstitutional, it has destroyed the livelihood of millions of Americans and undermines our sovereignty. Clinton and Obama mouthed bombastic gas about "reforming" that vile treaty instead of doing what must be done: Get us out and protect American jobs and workers.

Let's not forget the millions of illegal aliens who have stolen American jobs in meat packing plants and other industries. These criminals are holding jobs that belong to Americans, yet the unions in this country wholeheartedly support the Democrats who have blessed and encouraged the illegals invasion. Does that make any sense to you? My brother was a teamster for a long time before he became 100% disabled because of a terrible accident at work. Every election the Teamster's Union would send out a mailing telling him to vote for criminals like Diane Feinstein. Richard threw it in the garbage. Di-Fi and her husband are in bed with the commie Chinese and have made millions from their business dealings with that barbaric, totalitarian government.

2. The cost of owning a new car (other than cheap toasters made by Nissan and Toyota that 18-wheelers can crush like tin foil) is so far out of reach for most Americans anymore. Look at the cost of vehicles manufactured by the "big 3." I would love to have a new Ford Escape Hybrid, but who can afford the payments on retirement income -- or even if you are "lucky" enough to have the American dream: 2 or 3 minimum wage jobs at the same time? With a price tag of $32,000, if you don't put down at least $10,000, your monthly payments, even through a credit union with very low rates like mine, the payments are $350 per month or more. So, I continue to drive my ten year old SUV and maybe one of these days union workers will finally get the big picture and reject the same old non solutions. Then I'll be able to buy that hybrid which supports their jobs - if they still have one.

3. What drives the cost of these cars so high? Industry analysts say part of it is benefits negotiated by the unions. About $1500 - $2000 per vehicle to meet these union contracts for pensions, job banks, medical and other benefits. What are job banks?

"The terms and conditions vary by auto maker, because each labor contract is different. But GM factory workers who get laid off start out at “sub pay,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Boy, howdy!

It's sundown on the unions, and what's made in the USA
    Sure was a good idea, until greed got in the way.

Bob Dylan
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)