Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member controlledImmigration's Avatar

Vegetable picker stabs boss

Stabbing suspect captured
    at Maybee gas station

By: Ray Kisonas story updated September 25. 2007 11:59AM

A migrant worker who reportedly stabbed his boss in the chest during an argument in an Exeter Township squash field Monday morning was captured in a Maybee gas station hours after the assault.

The suspect was filthy and covered in weeds when he was arrested after a massive police search followed the stabbing, said Monroe County sheriff's detectives. The suspect, 27, a Mexican citizen, is being held in the county jail on attempted murder charges.

Detective Jeff Corie said the victim, Javier Lopez, 52, is recovering from a stab wound to the chest. He was flown to St. Joseph Mercy Hospital, Ann Arbor, where surgeons repaired a damaged heart ventricle, Detective Corie said.

Migrant workers were harvesting squash in a farm field at Scofield-Carleton and Martinsville Rds. in Exeter Township about 10:45 a.m. Mr. Lopez is the field boss and began to question the suspect's lack of work.

Detective Corie said an argument ensued and the man allegedly stabbed his boss. He ran away, and a fellow worker drove the victim to the farmhouse where help was called.

Two bloody knives have been recovered and one is believed to be the weapon used, Detective Corie said. He added that all workers had six-inch knives so they could harvest the squash.

After the incident, police flooded the area and Airport Community Schools went into a lockdown. Police tracking dogs, the Michigan State Police of the Monroe post and the sheriff's helicopter assisted in the search.

Once it was determined that the man was no longer in the vicinity, school officials lifted the lockdown.

Around 4:30 p.m., a man dirty and covered in weedsat the Marathon gas station on Blue Bush Rd. was taken into custody without incident.

Detective Corie said the suspect was interviewed with the help of a translater and he requested a lawyer. Once that happened, the interview was stopped and the man was lodged in the county jail.

He is expected to be prosecuted in Monroe County. He is expected to be prosecuted in Monroe County. If he was found guilty of a crime, he would be expected to serve his sentence in Michigan.

http://www.monroenews.com/apps/pbcs.dll ... /109250051

He did this because stabbing his boss was not a job an American employee would want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedCitizen
    He did this because stabbing his boss was not a job an American employee would want to do.
    Okay, that one caught me off guard and I couldn't help but snicker.

On the serious side, you would think that those who hire illegal aliens would realize that they are endangering the lives of themselves and other employees by hiring people who have no respect for the laws of our nation and therefore would not hesitate to commit any form of a criminal act (including murder). After all chances are they may not be caught and nobody knows who they really are.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

family values, hard workers, good upstanding people of high moral character yearning to become good Americans...what more could you want from an IA (illegal alien) vegetable picker?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mr. Lopez is the field boss and began to question the suspect's lack of work.
    I guess they aren't all here to work hard are they? This happened about 10 miles from where I grew up and lived most of my life. I've emailed this story to everyone in Michigan that I know and encouraged them to call the Governor, their Senators and their Congressman! Illegal Alien crime has hit home!

Mr. Lopez is the field boss and began to question the suspect's lack of work.
    WHAT? A LAZY ILLEGAL? ARENT THEY ALL HONEST AND HARD WORKING? BUT THEY JUST WANT TO COME HERE TO WORK....LOL
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)