Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

VIDEO: Glen Beck: Surgery Goes Horribly Awry - Suicidal

You Tube video: Glenn Beck describes back surgery gone "horribly awry". Says he became suidical.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/cnn ... _74231.asp

What is the surgery and recovery like to fix a partially torn meniscus (In the knee)? I have to have this surgery and I was wondering what the recovery is like so I can schedule the surgery when it will fit in with school and vacation best. Will I have to be on crutches? If so, how long? How soon after the surgery will I be able to walk up and down hills will no problem?

didnt this happen last year right around the holiday season?
    this is old news, nothing new really.

i think he had surgery for hemorroids or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by cherylin
    What is the surgery and recovery like to fix a partially torn meniscus (In the knee)? I have to have this surgery and I was wondering what the recovery is like so I can schedule the surgery when it will fit in with school and vacation best. Will I have to be on crutches? If so, how long? How soon after the surgery will I be able to walk up and down hills will no problem?
    cherylin - You might never walk again. But get a second opinion from your doctor.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Anyone reading this please note: note date of original post about Beck's surgery - was 1 1/2 years ago. A troll - Cherylin - revived the post with her comment above. Cherylin is gone now.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

cherylin is gone now???

Didn't she have a legitimate question and reason for reviving an old thread?

I would imagine the odds of the operation improving the quality of life is greater than hurting or they wouldn't perform the operation.

She must have picked the thread up on a Google search.

Quote Originally Posted by StokeyBob
    cherylin is gone now???

I would imagine the odds of the operation improving the quality of life is greater than hurting or they wouldn't perform the operation.

StokeyBob -
    I just did a search, guess Cherylin isn't gone, she still comes up under author search. I misunderstood mod.

I don't know the technicalities of how a google search for a medical procedure leads one to a website about illegal immigration. With all the medical info on line, how does the searcher end up at a post on ALIPAC regarding Glenn Beck's back surgery 1 1/2 years ago? I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I just don't know how it happens. It seems this thread would have been about # 150,000 on the search results for a specific type of leg surgery.

In addition, once the searcher gets to ALIPAC, she would have to join ALIPAC in order to post the question, so wouldn't she know its a website about illegal immigration? Of course, sometimes an ALIPACer asks other ALIPACers for info or thoughts about something totally unrelated, as it can be a potential source of info from a large groups of people. But with Cherylin, this was her first and only post on ALIPAC. Just very odd.

I don't think it was a one-time fluke, because I have actually seen this several times in the past month or so, at least 4-5 times, and I hadn't noticed it prior to that.

Just interesting.

Sorry for the long answer, but you asked!!

Quote Originally Posted by StokeyBob
    cherylin is gone now???

No kidding!! If she was deleted because of a legitimate question, that really doesn't make us look very good. Don't be so quick to delete people! That will just piss them off and it will be another person for the other side. It is obvious when someone is trolling. This isn't one of them. Cherylin:

Unless it is a small tear on the outer edge, a torn meniscus will not heal on its own because of its lack of blood supply in its center. A meniscus tear sometimes can be repaired with sutures, but more often the damaged area of the meniscus is trimmed. The torn piece of meniscus may be surgically removed through arthroscopic surgery. As in any surgery, risks include blood clots and infection. Full recovery takes up to six weeks.

Not all meniscus tears require surgery. Some people can function with a torn meniscus. Pain and swelling often resolve within 6 weeks, even though the meniscus hasn’t actually healed.

Surgery is often recommended. Depending upon the nature of the tear, a torn piece of cartilage may cause damage to the smooth cartilage that covers the ends of the knee bones. If the knee becomes locked, normal functioning is not possible and the muscles that support the knee weaken from lack of normal use.

The meniscus plays an important role in absorbing shock. If the entire meniscus or a large part of the meniscus is removed, the knee usually develops degenerative arthritis (osteoarthritis) within ten years. The articular cartilage that covers knee bones to help them glide over one another breaks down. Avoiding high-impact activities may slow down damage to the articular cartilage. Strengthening the muscles that support the knee, especially the quadriceps, help take stress off the knee joint and may also slow down the development of osteoarthritis.

If Beck became suicidal because of a surgery, then he is crazier than I originally thought. I had eye surgery when I was 18 to correct a few problems so I could become a commercial airline pilot because that was my DREAM. The surgery failed. I never thought about killing myself because of that though
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

jshhmr, once again you didn't read my last post before reacting: She was NOT deleted after all, she still shows up on a search. For this to be her one and only post on a website about illegal immigration is odd and you know it. But I think it energizes you to argue with someone, about anything.

Did you read my last response on your RUSH post yet? Hope you learned something.

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    StokeyBob -
    I just did a search, guess Cherylin isn't gone, she still comes up under author search. I misunderstood mod.

I don't know the technicalities of how a google search for a medical procedure leads one to a website about illegal immigration. With all the medical info on line, how does the searcher end up at a post on ALIPAC regarding Glenn Beck's back surgery 1 1/2 years ago? I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I just don't know how it happens. It seems this thread would have been about # 150,000 on the search results for a specific type of leg surgery.

In addition, once the searcher gets to ALIPAC, she would have to join ALIPAC in order to post the question, so wouldn't she know its a website about illegal immigration? Of course, sometimes an ALIPACer asks other ALIPACers for info or thoughts about something totally unrelated, as it can be a potential source of info from a large groups of people. But with Cherylin, this was her first and only post on ALIPAC. Just very odd.

I don't think it was a one-time fluke, because I have actually seen this several times in the past month or so, at least 4-5 times, and I hadn't noticed it prior to that.

Just interesting.

Sorry for the long answer, but you asked!!
    Oh. Cool.

I know I use Google a lot when things go bad on my computer.

Sometimes I end up on places thinking the topic is current only to find it is years old.

I found ALI-PAC with a Google search. I think it was number one. I would imagine it still is if you search, "Illegal Immigration Forums".

I just did. We weren't first but we are second and third.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast