Shocking video shows mob of 20 Islamist extremists attacking guests at a Radiohead party for drinking during holy month of Ramadan in Turkey

Mob stormed record store in Istanbul during live stream event on Friday

They yelled 'I'm going to kill you, I'll burn this place with you inside'

A man in the video said they broke beer bottles over his friend's head

At lest two people were injured at the event, according to local media

By EKIN KARASIN PUBLISHED: 15:42 GMT, 18 June 2016 | UPDATED: 16:30 GMT, 18 June 2016

A mob of 20 Islamist extremists attacked guests at a Radiohead listening party because they were drinking alcohol during Ramadan.

Shocking live stream footage captured the men yelling: 'I'm going to kill you, close this place down, I'll burn this place with you inside,' at Velvet IndieGround Records store in Istanbul on Friday.

It is understood that at least two people were injured and a partygoer said the men broke beer bottles over his friend's head because they were drinking during the holy month.

A mob of 20 Islamist extremists attacked guests at a Radiohead listening party in Istanbul because they
were drinking alcohol during Ramadan

The clip shows attackers entering the shop, shouting 'close this place down' and 'who the f*** is running this place'.

The event, celebrating Radiohead's new album release , A Moon Shaped Pool, was streamed on Periscope, and so was caught on camera - with footage uploaded to YouTube.

A man in a white T-shirt grabs one of the men, yelling: 'Come here now, you come here now.'

After dragging the man out, he heads back into the shop and shouts to one of the men inside: 'Get outside, get outside

He knocks an Efes beer can off the table before roughly manhandling the man out of the shop.

Once outside he is seen flipping over a metal table. There is a noise of bottles breaking, and someone screams: 'Please do not hit.'

A voice is heard saying 'Calm down' as another man shouts: 'Close this place down. Aren't you ashamed to drink during Ramadan?'

As one of the partygoers retreats back into the shop, he follows and threatens: 'I'm going to kill you,' and slaps him.

Two men in black T-shirts finally manage to get the shutters closed on the front of the shop when one of the aggressors hurls a table through the door.

Shocking live stream footage captured the men yelling: 'I'm going to kill you, close this place down, I'll burn this
place with you inside,' at Velvet IndieGround Records store in Istanbul on Friday

It is understood that at least two people were injured and a partygoer said the men broke beer bottles over his
friend's head because they were drinking during the holy month

The group continue to bang against the shutters while one of the party hosts say: 'It's done now. Please leave now' while an attacker says: 'I'll burn you inside the shop. B******

The mob then shout outside: 'Go on, drink alcohol again during Ramadan.

'Drink alcohol one more time during Ramadan' while another shouts: 'Show some respect'.

The man in the black T-shirt says in English to a friend: 'You should escape seriously, you should escape. There are more people outside, they could attack you.

He then speaks to the livestream on the laptop, saying: 'Someone just attacked one of our friends - they broke beer bottles over his head.

'I'm leaving. We're all leaving. They did this because we drank beer.'

The record shop was locked on Saturday morning and pictures printed by Turkish media showed owner, Seogu Lee, a South Korean national, kneeling outside the shop in a state of apparent distress.

Hurriyet newspaper said many South Koreans were inside at the time of the attack.

Posters advertising the streaming event of the album were ripped off nearby walls.

A photo of a man covered in blood who was allegedly at the party was posted on Twitter, with the caption:
'You go to listening party and you ended up in blood thanks to Islamists #Radiohead #Istanbul'

The group banged against the shutters while one of the party hosts said: 'It's done now. Please leave now' and
one of the attackers replied: 'I'll burn you inside the shop. B******

Radiohead (pictured Thom Yorke) released a statement in which they said: 'Our hearts go out to those attacked
tonight at Velvet IndieGround in Istanbul. We hope that someday we will be able to look back on such acts of
violent intolerance as things of the ancient past'

Radiohead was holding an online streaming event with record stores across the globe to celebrate the release of their latest album, A Moon Shaped Pool.

In a statement, the band said: 'Our hearts go out to those attacked tonight at Velvet IndieGround in Istanbul.

'We hope that someday we will be able to look back on such acts of violent intolerance as things of the ancient past.

'For now, we can only offer our fans in Istanbul our love and support.'

Rayka Simoni, who was outside the store, told Dogan news agency that the Radiohead fans were 'quietly listening to music while sipping beer' when they were attacked.

'Twenty people started throwing bottles at them. One of them kicked my friend for telling them it wasn't right to hit women,' she said.

One of the event hosts allegedly posted about the encounter on Reddit, saying: 'I am the person that's speaking in that video. I am the owner of that Periscope account.

As the partygoers tried to shut the shutters, one of them said to a friend: 'You should escape seriously, you
should escape. There are more people outside, they could attack you'

The mob shouted outside: 'Go on, drink alcohol again during Ramadan. Drink alcohol one more time during
Ramadan,' while another shouted: 'Show some respect'

'They were determined to kill us. We were beaten by more than 20 men with pipes in their hands, beer bottles were broken on our heads.

'I don't even know how we made it out. I will share the details later guys, just hoping that no one will die.'

He later added: 'I love you all. Looks like everyone at our event is fine. For the first time in my life, I was scared of being killed. Can't even think right now, just a blank stare at the walls.

Haydar Tekin told Haberdar on Saturday: 'Some things happened last night so we wanted the shop to be evacuated.'

A protest will be held outside the store later on Saturday.

Similar attacks have targeted art galleries in the area in the past. Critics claim Turkey's current Islamic-rooted government is undermining the country's secular tradition.

Shocking video shows mob of 20 Islamist extremists attacking guests at a Radiohead party for drinking during holy month of Ramadan in Turkey