Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Vile Obama Tells Americans To Cut Back, Goes Skiing

So much for the diet: Anti-obesity crusader Michelle Obama feasts on ribs during pricey family vacation

By David Gardner
    Last updated at 5:46 PM on 22nd February 2011
    Comments 153

Obama's already under fire for going to Vail for Presidents Day

Rush Limbaugh calls her a hypocrite for not 'following her own advice'

Michelle Obama feasted on ribs while on her skiing holiday, it has emerged.

The First Lady, who has spearheaded a campaign to change American eating habits, ate ancho-chile short ribs from a restaurant next to her luxury ski hotel in Vail, Colorado.

The Obamas have already come under fire for the vacation, with the President accused of double standards after appealing for Americans to sacrifice their holidays just days before his wife and children went on the costly skiing trip.

Nationally lampooned Obama vacation: The First Lady and daughter Sasha, 9, get their tickets scanned at the Eagle-Bahn Gondola before heading up the mountain to ski for the second day Sunday in Vail

Campaign: Michelle Obama's 'Let's Move' healthy eating campaign has been running for a year

Ribs: The Kelly Liken restaurant where the ribs were ordered (left) is right next to the Sebastian Hotel (right) in Vail, Colorado

First Lady Michelle Obama and daughters Malia and Sasha are on the ‘private family trip’ for Presidents' Day Weekend.

The first lady went to Restaurant Kelly Liken in Vail Village on Saturday night, dining on a braised ancho-chile short rib with hominy wild mushrooms, the Vail Daily reported.

Chef and owner Kelly Liken said: 'Yes, it's true, the first lady dined at our restaurant tonight and seemed to really enjoy it.'

Criticism: Conservative DJ Rush Limbaugh attacked the First Lady as a hypocrite for eating ribs

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh hit out at the First Lady for her choice of food on Monday.

Speaking on his radio show he said: 'The problem is, and dare I say this, it doesn't look like Michelle Obama follows her own nutritional, dietary advice.

'And then we hear that she's out eating ribs at 1,500 calories a serving with 141 grams of fat per serving ... I'm trying to say that our First Lady does not project the image of women that you might see on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue or of a woman Alex Rodriguez might date every six months or what have you.

'She's a hypocrite. Leaders are supposed to be leaders. If we're supposed to go out and eat nothing, if we're supposed to eat roots and berries and tree bark, show us how.'

It has since been established that the meal contained around 600 calories.

The family are staying at the up scale Sebastian Hotel on Vail Mountain, where rooms start at $650 a night and range up to more than $2,400 for multi-bedroom suites.

Pictured on the first day of their holiday, the First Lady's cream ski jacket was open, perhaps indicating that temperatures were not as bitter as they are in other parts of the country.

A light snow appeared to be falling on Mrs Obama and her daughter, who herself was clad in fluorescent pink snowboarding pants and a sky blue puff jacket.

Both wore gloves and hats. They were not carrying skis.

The family appear to have flown there on Air Force Two.

Luxury: The upscale Sebastian Hotel where the family are staying. The trip will cost the taxpayer thousands of dollars in security, at a time when the President is calling for spending restraint

Family time: The First Lady puts her arm around her daughter as they head for the gondola at the resort of Vail, Colorado

The trip came just days after the President tried to sell his cost-cutting budget to the American people by asking them to stay at home.

‘If you’re a family trying to cut back, you might skip going out to dinner, or you might put off a vacation,’ he said.

While Mr Obama is staying put at the White House, the rest of his family headed to Colorado – rather than visiting slopes closer to Washington in Virginia or Pennsylvania.

Their trip came despite previous criticisms over the family's extravagant vacations, including a trip last summer to Spain.

Mrs Obama also raised eyebrows when she left earlier than her husband for their annual Christmas holiday in Hawaii, incurring additional expenses estimated to be more than $97,000.

Picture postcard: The Sebastian Vail hotel in Colorado, where the Obamas are staying for a ski holiday. Rooms cost up to $2,400 a night

In August it cost taxpayers an alleged $375,000 for her security detail - and two flights on Air Force One - on a holiday to Spain with her daughter, Sasha, and 40 friends.

Although the Obamas will pay for a portion of the skiing trip, taxpayers will still shoulder many of the costs.

A motorcade of about a dozen vehicles, including at least 15 police officers, travelled from Eagle County Regional Airport to Vail on Friday night when the presidential party arrived.

Family vacation: President Obama with daughters Malia, right, Sasha, and First Lady Michelle Obama. Mr Obama has not joined his wife and daughters on this ski trip

Roads were temporarily closed to make way for the cavalcade, which arrived at the hotel at about 9.30pm.

No public events have been scheduled for the visit.

‘I don’t know whether to laugh or cry,’ said one of the president’s most outspoken critics, conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh. ‘He’s got the single largest deficit in the history of the country and he’s trying to tell us that we really cut back here.’

Meanwhile, Vice President Joe Biden and his wife are spending the holiday weekend in the U.S. in Florida’s Key Largo resort town.

The White House said the Bidens arrived in Key Largo on Thursday night and will remain there until Monday night.

‘The First Lady and several close family friends are chaperoning their children on a ski trip. Personal expenses are being paid for by the Obamas,’ said a spokesman for the President.

Sasha, nine, and Malia, twelve, have been skiing once before, at Liberty Mountain Resort, in Carroll Valley, Pennsylvania, in February last year.
    At the time, the First Lady said her family had been thrilled to discover the resort.

'You can go from 60- and 50-degree weather to being on a slope,' she said.

'Not too many places in this country you can do that and still be at the seat of power. It's kind of cool.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ns-to.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Typical Obama...Do as I say but not as I do. The king dines on phesant and wine while the kingdom eats bread and water.

"Hardship will never touch these people, and that makes it hurt even worse!"
    She's even more of a disappointment then Brother Barry, because she grew up in the projects, and knows better!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It's not a hardship, if your not paying.

Louis and Marie Antoinette Obama spotted in Vail, Colorado!

I don't get this guy, spending will stimulate the economy that he claims has recovered. He makes absolutely no sense.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Pardon me while I vomit Obama rhetoric.

The woman and her husband are repugnant.

And her rear end is looking more like a damn footstool everyday.

Funny how the media used to SLAM ole Georgie-boy when he'dvacay at HIS OWN ranch, but now they bare their teeth at Rush for pointing out the obvious. I'm not a fan of Rush, but the double standard is sickening and SO transparent!

"And her rear end is looking more like a damn footstool everyday. "

We refer to that as a "shelf or table bootie"

boy what a vacation I wish I could go on Vacation with our money no less
    & she don't like the wh that a good one
    the Only Vacation I get is going to the store

No amnesty

Quote Originally Posted by elpasoborn

My mom calls it a "bubble butt"!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by elpasoborn

My mom calls it a "bubble butt"!
    Or a Ba-Donk-A-Donk

Cats fighting to get out of a bag also!