ViSuaL CoMBaT DaiLY (10.27.11) (You Don't Mess With The Teufel Hunden)

Submitted by williambanzai7 on 10/27/2011 16:26 -0400

I began this week preparing to do a post on "corporate personage," the theory that a corporation should be entitled to the same constitutional rights as a citizen. The main reasons for this was the constant whine of the MSM regarding the lack of a codified agenda for the Occupy Wall Street movement.

If there is one central underlying theme for all the grievances, it is not capitalism, it is the corruption of capitalism. The idea that the protestors should not be in downtown Manhattan but rather Washington DC is misplaced. You follow the trail of money and you will reach the head of the beast, the same beast that pays for $10,000 a plate dinners and such. You know, its the same place where Bloomberg, Obama and Romney all dine. Lucky Cain may not need to since he is evidently owned by the Brothers K.

In any event, as I was plowing through the cases and commentaries on the subject of corporate personage, I was reminded of the tortured reasoning necessary to reach the conclusion that a corporation is entitled to all of the same constitutional rights as you and I.

In the middle of trying to sort it all out, I was promptly distracted by the European circus and events in Oakland.

Which brings me to Oakland.

You don't have to torture the case books to figure out what the First Amendment says. It says we all have the right to peaceably assemble to air our grievances.

It does not say: provided you have a permit, provided you don't use a megaphone, provided you don't mess up the lawn (which obviously did not exist because there were no Mexicans back then to mow it).

If it is so easy to allow Wall Street and corporate America to throw their constitutionally protected wallets at the White House and Capital Hill, why is it so difficult to allow people to peaceably assemble in front of an elected institution like Oakland City hall?

What happened in Oakland is an absolute disgrace.

People have a First Amendment that they cherish and respect. That explains why they go to great lengths to abide by the condition: assemble but peaceably.

What happens?

They get beaten and shot at.

Oh those weren't bullets, they were "behavior modification projectiles."

Tell that to a veteran Marine lying in a medically induced coma on a respirator.

Tell that to the people who tried to aid him when he was down and got flash grenaded.

Heroes versus law enforcement cowards. That is what we are seeing.

Much to their credit, some of the Oakland police reportedly resigned in protest the next day.

Now, many Marines (Teufel Hunden or Devil Dogs as they are known) are furious that this happened in such a fashion to one of their own. It does not surprise me since the Marines that I have known over the years consider themselves brothers for life.

The Mayor, at least for the time being, is now furiously busy back peddling and throwing up lamo excuses.

So far we have had dead silence from the Hopeful One. No doubt because Quan is supposedly a "Progressive Democrat."

I don't know who is going to be stupid enough to say that that Marine, employed Marine mind you, got what he deserved for peaceably standing with those who share his principles.

He didn't deserve it and we should all be praying that he pulls through alive and in good health.

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/vi ... fel-hunden