Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Voters are told pen had 'invisible ink'

Voters are told pen had 'invisible ink'
    BLANK BALLOTS | Staffers try to reach 20 who thought they'd voted

February 6, 2008
    BY ANNIE SWEENEY Staff Reporter/asweeney@suntimes.com
    When it comes to election shenanigans, Chicago has been accused of just about everything.

But invisible ink?

Twenty voters at a Far North Side precinct who found their ink pens not working were told by election judges not to worry.

It's invisible ink, officials said. The scanner will count it.

But their votes weren't recorded after all.

"Part of me was thinking it does sound stupid enough to be true,'' said Amy Carlton, who had serious doubts but went ahead and voted anyway.

As it turns out, Carlton was one of 20 voters at the precinct who were given the wrong pen to use. They were also then told, apparently by a misinformed judge, that the pens have invisible ink, elections officials said.

As a result, the votes were not counted. But officials insisted there were no dirty tricks involved.

"This one defies logic,'' said Jim Allen, a spokesman for the Chicago Board of Elections. "You try to anticipate everything. But certain things just ... they go beyond any kind of planning you can perform.''

By late afternoon, five voters had been contacted and told to come back to the polling place to vote again. And elections staff had left messages at the homes of the rest, Allen said.

Carlton and Angela Burkhardt, another voter who was told the same invisible ink story, spent a good part of the day calling and e-mailing the Board of Elections to get answers.

"I am furious and devastated and I just feel stupid,'' Carlton said. "I feel so angry.''

Both women agreed that this election meant a lot. They had spent a good deal of time researching candidates.

"I have been voting since I was 18,'' said Carlton, 38. "This is the most important election of my life so far.''

Burkhardt planned to go back to vote late Tuesday. She worried about those who might not be able to return.

"I worry about the other people who were there,'' she said. "Maybe [they] can't get off work. I am a person of privilege. I can go back. What if you couldn't?"

http://www.suntimes.com/news/elections/ ... 06.article
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LOL, those Chicagoans are really something. I wonder if dead people have ever experience this problem with invisible ink as well.
    If everyone is thinking the same thing, then someone isn't thinking

LOL....got that right....Chicago is as corrupt as it comes......they don't even hide it....it's so commonplace people have accepted it as normal.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ....

If Americans are stupid enough to believe that we are in DEEP SH_T

That laugh was a scared laugh

Twenty voters at a Far North Side precinct who found their ink pens not working were told by election judges not to worry.

Were the election judges illegal aliens?

OR - were they working for McCain, Obama, or Hillary?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean

Were the election judges illegal aliens?

OR - were they working for McCain, Obama, or Hillary?
    uhh probably. we are talking chicago, probably the most corrupt government in the USA.

vote early, vote often!
    most chicagoeans vote even after death... but if they are republican before, they switch to democratic after they 'pass'