Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We need a President who cares about the people

http://www.hpe.com/

This from the High Point Enterprise

We need a President who cares about the people
    I have always been a Republican.
    But for the first time in all my life I am ashamed to be one because Presi*dent Bush has made us look like we as Americans can change the world only by force.
    And when is the last time you have heard him talk about the people in this country?
    We have people who can’t afford to go to the doctor. Some have to chose between food or heat for their homes. And heck, some now have to chose food or gas for their cars. We have so many problems in this country and nothing is being done.
    We know why gas is so high and Bush says nothing about it; it’s just payback to the big oil company’s for helping
    YOUR VIEW ---

to get him into the White House.
    I, for one, can’t wait until he is out of office (If I could, I would throw him out now).
    Then, maybe we could get someone in the White House who cares about our problems in this country and works to solve them and not taking our young men and women and telling them to “fight my battle for me” because this is President Bush’s fight and his fi ght only.
    BILL HARRIS Trinity
    It’s not surprising that the ACLU opposes Christianity
    I have been a public school educator for almost 20 years. Over the past five years, I have witnessed an increase (at least it seems like an increase) in the ACLU’s opposition to biblical Christian*ity and God in public schools. In fact, the ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) attacks those who even men*tion biblical Christianity and God in public schools. Better, this organization is vehement in its lawsuits and threats against schools and educators who mention anything pertaining to biblical Christianity and God.
    When one knows of the origin of the ACLU, however, one understands why the ACLU acts this way.
    John Dewey was one of the founders of the ACLU (David Noebel, “Under*standing the Times” (Manitou Springs, Colo.: Summit Press, 1991, p. 55). Dewey, who died in 1952, was an educator who overtly rejected biblical Christianity and God. Dewey was also the first presi*dent of the American Humanist Asso*ciation – an association that also rejects God and biblical Christianity.
    This educator’s fame spread, and many of his humanistic educational theories found their way into “Amer*ica’s public school system” (Noebel 55). Therefore it is understandable that since this co-founder of the ACLU (John Dewey) was an educator who opposed God and biblical Christianity in the public schools and promoted the hu*manistic religion instead (Noebel 22-56 and 440), then its members will likewise oppose God and biblical Christianity in the public schools.
    But it is outrageous that our tax dol*lars are being used to help promote the ACLU’s humanistic educational theo*ries that characterize America’s public school system.
    In fact, then, it is doubly outrageous that our tax dollars are also being used to oppose anything pertaining to God and biblical Christianity. Alas! Talk about the dog biting the hand that feeds it! Frankly, I am tired of the pain.
    RANDY YOST Thomasville
    I, for one, can’t wait until he is out of office (If I could, I would throw him out now).
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

JAK
    ACLU = Anti American...in MY opinion!!

TANCREDO for PRESIDENT in 2008!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)