Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Web could be terror training camp in U.S., politician says

Web could be terror training camp in U.S., politician says
    Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:49pm ET253

BOSTON (Reuters) - Disaffected people living in the United States may develop radical ideologies and potentially violent skills over the Internet and that could present the next major U.S. security threat, U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said on Monday.

"We now have a capability of someone to radicalize themselves over the Internet," Chertoff said on the sidelines of a meeting of International Association of the Chiefs of Police.

"They can train themselves over the Internet. They never have to necessarily go to the training camp or speak with anybody else and that diffusion of a combination of hatred and technical skills in things like bomb-making is a dangerous combination," Chertoff said. "Those are the kind of terrorists that we may not be able to detect with spies and satellites."

Chertoff pointed to the July 7, 2005 attacks on London's transit system, which killed 56 people, as an example a home-grown threat.

THE 21st CENTURY IN PICTURES
    Global Issues: View Slideshow

To help gather intelligence on possible home-grown attackers, Chertoff said Homeland Security would deploy 20 field agents this fiscal year into "intelligence fusion centers," where they would work with local police agencies.

By the end of the next fiscal year, he said the department aims to up that to 35 staffers.

© Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.

http://today.reuters.com
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

This is out of hand, using the war on terror to turn this country into a police state. But no concern about the millions entering the country illegally.

So visiting a website or reading particular content would qualify you as attending a terror training camp and earn you the classification of enemy combatant?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

W.

That is what I got out of it...Big Brother has definitely arrived and set up shop with a vengence.

We just might have to come up with something other than the "...land of the free.." if this BS is allowed to continue.

%&_@#@^&#%

It has begun....

I feel like I am walking in the twilight zone!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

intelligence fusion centers
    http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/press ... _0967.shtm

For Immediate Release
    Office of the Press Secretary
    July 27 2006

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced today that analysts from the Office of Intelligence and Analysis will work along side state and local authorities at Fusion Centers in New York City, Los Angeles, Reisterstown, Md., and Baton Rouge, La. These analysts will help to facilitate the two-way flow of timely, accurate, actionable information on all types of hazards.

“One of the department’s top priorities is to work with state and local authorities and share information that helps to connect the dots on emerging threats,” said Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff. “There is no more effective way to connect the dots than by having our personnel sitting in a chair next to their local counterparts, providing them with information they need to make timely and informed decisions on how best to protect their community.”

State and local authorities have created 38 Fusion Centers around the country that blend relevant law enforcement and intelligence information analysis and coordinate security measures to reduce threats in their communities. To date, DHS has provided more than $380 million to state and local governments in support of these centers. The department, along with other federal partners, has also dramatically improved the quality and quantity of analytical intelligence products that are provided to state and local governments.

“Having our intelligence and operational personnel on the ground working daily with state and local law enforcement and government representatives, as well as our federal partners who have a presence in these centers is also going to provide us with critical sources of unique law enforcement and threat information,” said Charles Allen, Chief Intelligence Officer and Assistant Secretary for Intelligence and Analysis at the Department of Homeland Security. “This will be a tremendous asset for our efforts to both share and access information, and to provide us with improved access to the men and women on the ground protecting their local communities.”

DHS will continue to deploy tailored, multi-disciplinary teams of intelligence and operational professionals to Fusion Centers nationwide, and plans to have personnel at all of the major centers by the end of fiscal year 2008.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    So visiting a website or reading particular content would qualify you as attending a terror training camp and earn you the classification of enemy combatant?

W
    WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

If I remember right, I think congress or senate was suppose to be discussing a bill or piece of legeslation about censoring the internet. I heard it over the summer but havent heard anymore on it. Or I might just be losing my marbles.

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC

W
    WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Tis true, but We the People are not the winners.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)