Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April
    851480 :
    the number of people
    who have already voted
    in the referendum
    to Impeach Bush!
    (figure updated daily)

Neese wrote:The biggest problem is that Americans do not take terrorism seriously.
    Be careful how serious you take it neese. Are you willing to allow Bush and company to chisel away at your civil liberties for thier fear mongering.
    The way I see it I have a better chance of being struck by lightning than being killed in a terrorist attack. I take terrorism serious but I will not cave into fearmongering and I sure the hell wont have my civil liberties traded in for security.

and I sure the hell wont have my civil liberties traded in for security.
    This is what they're banking on JBIRD........that we'll give up anything for security.

CLOSE THE BORDERS & DEPORT THE INVADERS
    Then there will be some real security!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jbird
    Neese wrote:The biggest problem is that Americans do not take terrorism seriously.
    Be careful how serious you take it neese. Are you willing to allow Bush and company to chisel away at your civil liberties for thier fear mongering.The way I see it I have a better chance of being struck by lightning than being killed in a terrorist attack. I take terrorism serious but I will not cave into fearmongering and I sure the hell wont have my civil liberties traded in for security.

Good for you... unfortunately lightning did strike in my family. I had a relative on the Lockerbie flight. If you refuse to believe the truth that is your choice.

Neese wrote:Good for you... unfortunately lightning did strike in my family. I had a relative on the Lockerbie flight. If you refuse to believe the truth that is your choice.

Sorry for your relative. I didnt say that I didnt believe terrorism is a real threat (it is), but I refuse to cave into fear mongering when the federal govt. isnt coming up with real solutions to the problem, instead they tell us that they have to invade our privacy, make us carry "national id cards" starting in 2008, etc>. All in the name of security.

2ndamendsis wrote:CLOSE THE BORDERS & DEPORT THE INVADERS
    Then there will be some real security!

And a real solution to the terror problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jbird
    Neese wrote:Good for you... unfortunately lightning did strike in my family. I had a relative on the Lockerbie flight. If you refuse to believe the truth that is your choice.

Sorry for your relative. I didnt say that I didnt believe terrorism is a real threat (it is), but I refuse to cave into fear mongering when the federal govt. isnt coming up with real solutions to the problem, instead they tell us that they have to invade our privacy, make us carry "national id cards" starting in 2008, etc>. All in the name of security.
    Are you assuming that I am caving into fear mongering? And if so, how? I think some of you are having a difficult time diferentiating between common sense/reality and the all or nothing theory based on propaganda. I would rather face the truth, use common sense and take care of the problem. Running away won't solve anything.

I think that our government is stuck between a rock and a hard place. The common sense approach would say to do racial profiling, since we don't seem to have a problem with 80 year old white ladies blowing people up, but since we all want to be politically correct, they are forced to inconvenience us with more stupidity. What ideas do you have?

neese wrote:Are you assuming that I am caving into fear mongering? And if so, how? I think some of you are having a difficult time diferentiating between common sense/reality and the all or nothing theory based on propaganda. I would rather face the truth, use common sense and take care of the problem. Running away won't solve anything.

I think that our government is stuck between a rock and a hard place. The common sense approach would say to do racial profiling, since we don't seem to have a problem with 80 year old white ladies blowing people up, but since we all want to be politically correct, they are forced to inconvenience us with more stupidity. What ideas do you have?

No neese, Im not assuming that you are caving into fearmongering, but I do know that alot of americans do. The majority of americans buy into evrything that this Republican administration has sold them ( I am a registered republican by the way) concerning terrorism. Im not for tucking tail and running either. I also dont believe the govt is stuck in between a rock and a hard place, the govt just needs to have the willpower (ridding itself of all its corruption wouldnt hurt either) to do what needs to be done.

jbird, I have to be honest, I don't think that there is an honest politican...Republican, Democrat or otherwise. I think some of them start out that way, but like any business, you have to play the game to stay in it, and that is where it all goes wrong.

April
    851771 :
    the number of people
    who have already voted
    in the referendum
    to Impeach Bush!
    (figure updated daily)