Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April
    Todays updated numbers:

846883 :
    the number of people
    who have already voted
    in the referendum
    to Impeach Bush!
    (figure updated daily)

April
    Todays updated numbers:

847187 :
    the number of people
    who have already voted
    in the referendum
    to Impeach Bush!

April
    I thought this American's perspective on impeachment was worth adding.

Impeach Bush?

Perry Keeton

Keeton, of Roanoke, is retired and a veteran.

In spite of all the candy-coated "bipartisan" rhetoric we are hearing from the Democrats about having no intent to impeach President Bush, you can bet that will be the top priority on their agenda once they ascend to power this month. It is as certain as the sun coming up. As well it should be. That's right, President George W. Bush should be impeached. This action should not, however, have anything to do with his actions in Iraq.

To impeach Bush for taking us into Iraq would imply the necessary impeachment of nearly every political leader in Washington, Democrat and Republican alike, who voted in favor of this action. If he lied to us, they lied to us. They based their decisions on the same intelligence Bush used, and they, across the aisle, made impassioned pleas to justify placing our troops in harm's way.

They all told us of the WMDs, of Saddam's quest for nuclear capability and of the impending threat to Western civilization. But now they all are saying that perhaps had they known then what we know now, they might not have voted for the action. That's like saying had you known the price of gas was going to go up, you wouldn't have bought the 10 miles-per-gallon vehicle you are driving.

But there is a clear and unmistakable justification for impeachment. Nearly every time Bush makes a speech, he is certain to point out that the most important job of the president is to protect the people of this country. In this regard he has failed just as much, if not more so, than the administrations preceding his.

With his do-nothing approach to stemming the flow of illegal immigration into this country, and with his desire to grant amnesty to the millions who have entered illegally, he has clearly failed in his sworn duty to protect the citizens of this country.

This country is under siege, being invaded by a sworn enemy with the stated intent of reclaiming territory they feel is still rightly theirs. They choose not to enter the country legally, as so many of our ancestors did. They choose not to assimilate into our culture. They have become an increasing burden on our health care and welfare systems, and are taught by their government how to manipulate these systems.

President Bush's justification for his sweeping amnesty proposal for the 12 million Mexican invaders currently in this country is "They do jobs Americans won't do." Tell that to the workers who recently lined up out the doors to take the jobs of illegals busted in identity theft raids at Swift Meatpacking Co. plants.

This exposes the lie of illegal immigration: that our economy needs illegal aliens. This is wrong. The price we pay in higher crime, payments for social services and law enforcement far outweighs any cheap labor from which we benefit. When Bush says illegals do the work Americans won't, that is a lie. The truth is, illegal aliens do the work Americans won't do for what the illegals are paid.

So let's impeach Bush. Not for Iraq, but for his failure to execute what he himself states is the most important job of the president.

http://www.roanoke.com/editorials/comme ... b/xp-98437

Todays updated numbers:

847462 :
    the number of people
    who have already voted
    in the referendum
    to Impeach Bush!
    (figure updated daily)

April
    Todays updated numbers:

847694 :
    the number of people
    who have already voted
    in the referendum
    to Impeach Bush!
    (figure updated daily)

April
    Todays updated numbers:

847917 :
    the number of people
    who have already voted
    in the referendum
    to Impeach Bush!
    (figure updated daily)

April
    Todays updated numbers:

848142 :
    the number of people
    who have already voted
    in the referendum
    to Impeach Bush!
    (figure updated daily)

It's amazing to me that even on this site some people still support Bush and give some of the lamest excuses to keep this guy around. This guy has been an abject failure to this country and those who put him in power. Yet instead of removing this cancer some people despite what they know deep down in their hearts would much rather keep the status quo of betrayal, lies and deception that has ended the lives of thousands and destroyed the lives of millions in hopes that we can change them from within.

Neese:

Why should we unite behind this lying sack of wind who is hell bent on ending our nations sovereignty? So we can look like bigger fools when we are left holding the bag of sh_t after all is said and done? The Germans were very much united with Hitler back in the day. That sure turned out well for them in the end huh? Same with the Japanese back in WWII, same result. This talk about speaking out against Bush is siding with the terrorists. What a bunch of BS. So because we speak out against Bush we should now be deemed enemy combatants and sent to GITMO for our troubles? I don't side with the terrorists at all and I'm offended that you would make such a claim. I don't fear the terrorists nearly as much as I fear the government that enables them to come across a sieve of a border and allows them to do what they do, yet punishes those who try to defend our country from them.

This talk about leaving Iraq ending our sovereignty is a joke. We left Vietnam and yet the Vietnamese didn't come across our borders with an invading army guns a blazing. In fact they are in the WTO now. The terrorists I worry about aren't thousands of miles away, I'm worried about who's hear now and what our government is doing about it (which is nothing). If they can go through the trouble of spying on our citizens and fighting wars thousands of miles away then why can't they secure our borders and enforce our laws here to keep the bad guys away?

I would support Bush if he actually was honest and tried to do the right then and not deceive the people and sell us down the river for his own personal gain. This guy would sell out his own family if he could profit from it. Just remember this that doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is what again? Insanity!

I have no problems with impeaching this guy. Just make sure you remove Cheney and Pelosi too.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hi dman, I have written this many times throughout the ALIPAC website, but I guess that it is repeating one more time. I have no allegiance to President Bush. I believe that it is dangerous to destroy the credibility of our President, and with it, the credibility of our nation because we need allies. No one wants to play on a losing team, so if we have no credibility, we have no allies. Therefore, anything that we try to accomplish, now, or in the future will be more difficult. Essentially, we are cutting off our own nose to spite our face. I hardly agree with many of the things that the President has done, however, I am not stupid enough to waste my time or money to impeach a President that is almost out of office. We waste enough tax dollars, I don't want to waste more. Do you think the process will move quickly enough to remove him from office in a timely manner? I don't. So what is the point??? We have plenty of issues right now. I want the man to focus on his job and get something accomplished. As far as the middle east goes, it is obvious to me that many cannot see beyond the domestic issues to understand what is happening over seas. Don't confuse one issue with the other. We don't have to choose to fight a war over seas or protect our border at home. We can do both, and we must. I hope that answers your questions.

I believe that it is dangerous to destroy the credibility of our President, and with it, the credibility of our nation because we need allies.
    I don't think that we have that many allies that we can depend on anyway. We know who they are.

That was one point I think President Bush was right on when he said if we have to we'll stand on our own. I think he is right about that. We do not want to but we must always think in those terms as a possibility.

What we say verbally has to have consequences, and I also worry about the effects all of this arguing and bickering has on our enemies. When push comes to shove though the leaders of terrorist organizations and rogue countries know that he has all the credibility that he needs to take decisive action. They know that in an emergency this country will unite and that even the Democrats and the Repulicans will suddenly become the best of friends.

But impeachment? We are in very dangerous times and I'm not sure that it would be in our best interest to get so side-tracked at this time. Our enemies would like for us to get side-tracked. That's my opinion.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    Hi dman, I have written this many times throughout the ALIPAC website, but I guess that it is repeating one more time. I have no allegiance to President Bush. I believe that it is dangerous to destroy the credibility of our President, and with it, the credibility of our nation because we need allies. No one wants to play on a losing team, so if we have no credibility, we have no allies. Therefore, anything that we try to accomplish, now, or in the future will be more difficult. Essentially, we are cutting off our own nose to spite our face. I hardly agree with many of the things that the President has done, however, I am not stupid enough to waste my time or money to impeach a President that is almost out of office. We waste enough tax dollars, I don't want to waste more. Do you think the process will move quickly enough to remove him from office in a timely manner? I don't. So what is the point??? We have plenty of issues right now. I want the man to focus on his job and get something accomplished. As far as the middle east goes, it is obvious to me that many cannot see beyond the domestic issues to understand what is happening over seas. Don't confuse one issue with the other. We don't have to choose to fight a war over seas or protect our border at home. We can do both, and we must. I hope that answers your questions.
    I agree with you completely Neese.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast