Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What do they mean when they say "He looks presidential?

What does it mean to be presidential? Are we merely talking about looks? I'd be very interested in reading your thoughts about this as related to Thursday night's debate.

I watched the entire debate and listened to the reporters' comments later on. Of course the media continues to focus on just 3 candidates - Giuliani, McCain and Romney. Meanwhile, they seemed to ignore Tancredo and in some instances, treated Paul like he was a joke. One radio station here in NY made some comments comparing Ron Paul to an oldtime comedian Pat Paulsen: http://www.lawzone.com/half-nor/paulsen.htm

One idiot said - "Ron Paul is sort of like the one drunk at the party throwing firebombs." "He was saying things the other candidates were too afraid to talk about." "Poor Dr. Paul, he knows he doesn't stand a chance." And another person said, "I wanted to hear more from the other candidates and they kept asking him questions. I found him annoying!!!

Are people so blinded by charisma and great looks that they stop hearing the substance behind a person's message??

As I was accessing each candidate. I noticed how Romney was at the head of the line. He's a tall good looking man, articulate. John McCain was front and center, being his usual phoney and obnoxious self. (I thought he was trying too hard) Meanwhile Paul and Tancredo were at the far end of the group. As if they didn't want them to even be noticed! As if the other guys were riding in first class and they were in coach!

I was curious about the background of each candidate. Did you know that 6 out of the 10 candidates are (or once were) attorneys? Only Paul, Tancredo, and Huckabee are not.

Obviously, this was a tough format - you had only seconds to respond and sometimes your mouth can't keep up with your thoughts so it can sound like your fumbling a bit. But Paul and Tancrado can be forgiven for that. They sound like the rest of us! They were never slick speaking lawyers! But will that fact hinder their success?? Will the public be more easily influenced by style rather than substance and character? Is that what people mean when they say "he looks presidential?"

How can the message of Paul and Tancredo get out there if people are just looking for "An American Idol??" What exactly do people want in a president?

If Americans don't wise up, then sadly we are just going to get more of the same.

JAK
    Meanwhile, they seemed to ignore Tancredo and in some instances, treated Paul like he was a joke.
    I agree... they spotlighted who they wanted to and treated others poorly!

I spoke with Tancredo's office today. I let them know that I thought he was treated rudely! I believe it is due to his stand on immigration.

Even if the media continues to play this disgusting game... we are not accepting the choices they are trying to shove down our throats! Hopefully organizations like Alipac, the talk radio shows and bloggers will get the word out about Tom Tancredo and Ron Paul...

They don't want these other candidates to be confronted with the truth. They don't want them to have to answer the questions ...especially regarding illegal immigration. It wouldn't look very good with a candidate such as Tancredo siding with America while the others lie through their teeth! ....at least those they put the spotlight on!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)