Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: White Like Me

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    The NFL is taking steps to shut it down with the $20,000 fines.
    A fine on the team, not the offending players.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Football fans weren't supporting this kneeling, a lot of people stopped watching the games, that hurt their ratings, that lowered the value of their air time, that lowered their revenue from advertisers, and that losing money ball won't fly. Capitalism doesn't allow this type of behavior, because it's bad for business. So I hope this fine deal will be successful and end it. We'll see!
    A fatal optimist! Right off the bat someone suggested a fist in the air. So fans may still be offended and the league will take another year of loses before they ban fists. The respect just isn't there in these athletes. If they do anything disrespectful, they should be barred from that game. After they miss a few games they will feel what Kaepernick feels being benched.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    He walked away from the only team that would hire him
    And the reason wasn't that he wasn't a good player, it was because of the disrespect he holds for this country and the effect it has on fan attendance.

It didn't have anything to do with his kneeling.
    It has everything to do with his kneeling. He just provided the team an excuse to rid themselves of him.

Is he blacklisted now? No, I don't think so, the owners are very competitive amongst each other and I don't think they've done that, although I can see Kaepernick making that grievance claim.
    So employers are obligated to hire you if you want that job?

But he's just not the hot item now that he thinks he is. He blew a great opportunity with the 49ers.
    Correct! He blew it. And just like actors who aren't out there every day, they quickly become forgotten. Without being on a team, he is not practicing constantly, and his skills atrophy. He becomes less attractive to any team.

he's just not a great player and not worth putting up with his attitude when he has clear weaknesses.
    Correct! So why should anybody pay him big money?

I don't approve of the kneeling and I'm glad the NFL has taken some steps with the fines to stop it. I thought it was a fine on each player so thank you for clarifying it's on the team. Maybe the NFL can't fine a player direct and has to fine the team, then the team decides who pays it. That means the owners will have to work that out with their coaches and players. Well, I hope it makes a difference and stops it. We'll see.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123