Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

White men need not apply

White men may miss out under job plans

By Rosa Prince, Political Correspondent
    Last Updated: 2:37am GMT 18/03/2008

White men could be stopped from getting jobs under controversial government plans to allow employers to hire ethnic minority and female candidates ahead of them.

# Have your say: Should white men be banned from jobs?

Harriet Harman, the Minister for Women, has launched a consultation into proposals to scrap current laws that ban employers from taking race or sex into consideration when interviewing job candidates.

The plan is described as "positive action" rather than "positive discrimination" because it would not allow a candidate with worse job credentials to be given preferential treatment.

Instead, the measure involves giving employers the right to take race or sex into consideration when choosing between candidates with exactly the same qualifications.

The proposed change in the law could also affect universities, allowing them to select more female students in subjects areas such as the sciences where men have traditionally dominated.

Critics insisted these decisions were already being taken by employers and recruitment officers keen to boost numbers of women and ethnic minorities.

However, Miss Harman is said to believe radical action is needed to help all disadvantaged members of the community gain their full potential.

A spokesman for the Federation of Small Business said: "We would urge caution over the prospect of more Government regulation, which always causes problems for small businesses, which do not have human resources departments to steer them through the legal minefields."

Ann Widdecombe, the Conservative MP and leading campaigner against all-women shortlists in Parliament, said: "In addition to being superfluous, this law would be detrimental because it suggests that women and members of ethnic minorities need special treatment.

"I have always said that every women MP should be able to look every male MP all the way up to the Prime Minister in the eye and know that she did not get there as a result of special treatment. Women at all levels of business need to be able to say the same thing in the boardroom."

Meanwhile, Katherine Rake, of the Fawcett Society, which campaigns for equal pay, said it was unclear how Miss Harman's proposals would stand up in court.

Theresa May, the shadow women's minister, said Miss Harman ought to be concentrating on the real problems facing women in work, such as the gender pay gap.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... obs117.xml

JAK
    D I S C R I M I N A T I O N ! ! ! ! ! !
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That's a Brittish paper. That's craps not going to happen here.

Equal Opportunity Employment (EOE)

Executive Order 11246 prohibits covered federal contractors and subcontractors from discriminating on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin, and requires affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunity without regard to those factors. E.O. 11246 is enforced by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin. This law is enforced by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).

Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin in programs and activities that receive federal financial assistance. This law is enforced by the Civil Rights Center.

http://www.dol.gov/dol/topic/discrimina ... icdisc.htm

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

White men could be stopped from getting jobs under controversial government plans to allow employers to hire ethnic minority and female candidates ahead of them
    I have a unique idea--how about going for the most qualified, best suited and willing to abid by the rules?

This reminds me of an article: 'Female Muslim medics 'disobey hygiene rules' posted by AmericanMe

Muslim medical students are refusing to obey hygiene rules brought in to stop the spread of deadly superbugs, because they say it is against their religion.

Women training in several hospitals in England have raised objections to removing their arm coverings in theatre and to rolling up their sleeves when washing their hands, because it is regarded as immodest in Islam.
    continued at:
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-101787-med ... udent+wash

[i]“No worse fate can befall a man than to be surrounded by traitor souls.â€
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Dixie, they have got the same law (forbidding any form of discrimination) in the UK too.

The point is in the fact they want to abolish this law and implement a new one codifying discrimination against white Britons. They are calling it "positive action". Moreover all countries in the EU are obliged to pass laws which would make discrimination against Europeans legal and make it impossible for Europeans to sue for damages.

My country is just now passing this law - as the last one among EU members. It is in our Senate now.

According to this law my children could be denied a place at a secondary school or/and at university and I could be denied a job in future - simply because we are Czechs living in the Czech Republic.

I know that it sounds odd ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie

Executive Order 11246 prohibits covered federal contractors and subcontractors from discriminating on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin, and requires affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunity without regard to those factors. E.O. 11246 is enforced by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin. This law is enforced by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).

Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, or national origin in programs and activities that receive federal financial assistance. This law is enforced by the Civil Rights Center.

Dixie

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin. This law is enforced by the Equal
    Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).

Dixie
    Oh, really? Here is an example of the kind of thing I have to contend with:
    http://www.tradeswomen.org/
    To be honest, I would rather work with a woman, anyway. But how many women heavy construction workers do you know? They are led into thinking they can do it, but usually end up begging someone else do the heavy, dangerous aspects. There ARE many trades and crafts they can perform. But affirmative action type programs have given them a false impression of what they can do and our cheesey, liberal lawyers are, of course, oblivious.

And then we have the influx of a new class of civil rights "victims", too. The bitter reality is that our country is locked into a downward spiral. So vote for Obama! We'll crash that much sooner!
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

It has been happening here in this country for the past 30 years and it's called affimative action. This is still the prevailing criteria in many government and state jobs. Don't be fooled as private companies also attempt to make sure the workplace is reflective of every ethnicity, irrespective of who is the best qualified for that position.

Companies are terrified they are going to be sued for racial discrimination by some disgruntled employee if they do not have enough "diversity" in the work place.

Happens ALL the time in this country!