Like Tree1Likes

Thread: White population aging rapidly in US, dying faster than babies are born

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

White population aging rapidly in US, dying faster than babies are born

White population aging rapidly in US, dying faster than babies are born, data show

By Lukas Mikelionis | Fox News

Controversy surrounds citizenship question for 2020 census

Some predict approximately 24 million people may skip the census altogether.

Deaths of non-Hispanic white people now outnumber births in the majority of U.S. states for the first time ever between 2015 and 2016, new data released by the U.S. Census Bureau show.

The figures reveal that the country’s white population is aging rapidly – an average white American is 43.5 years old – as more whites postpone having children.

Meanwhile, minority populations in the U.S. are rising significantly faster thanks to immigration flows and younger population of Hispanic Americans, who are on average 29.3 years old.

According to the Census Bureau projection, whites in America will constitute less than 50 percent of the population around 2045, a demographic shift many have foreseen for a long time.

“It’s happening a lot faster than we thought."

- Rogelio Sáenz, a demographer

But the new report signals that the change may come faster than previously predicted as it revealed that the white population is now dying faster than it's being replaced in 26 states – up from 17 just two years ago, the New York Times reported.

“It’s happening a lot faster than we thought,” Rogelio Sáenz, a demographer at the University of Texas at San Antonio and a co-author of the report, told the newspaper.

The report shows that the number of white Americans declined by 0.02 percent between 2016 and 2017, totaling 197.8 million people. In comparison, the Hispanic population has continued to grow throughout the years and reached nearly 59 million people, benefitting from the 2.1 percent increase over last year.

The total population of people of Asian heritage also increased to 22.2 million, with a 3.1 percent increase compared to the prior year, and there are 47.4 million African Americans, up 1.2 percent.

“White fertility has gone down. There’s a little bit less white immigration in the last year. As the white population becomes older, that means that even if fertility gets up a little bit, it’s not going to be what it was a long time ago.”

- William Frey, a demographer

“White fertility has gone down. There’s a little bit less white immigration in the last year,” William Frey, a demographer and sociologist at the Brookings Institution in Washington, told the Hill. “As the white population becomes older, that means that even if fertility gets up a little bit, it’s not going to be what it was a long time ago.”

In general, the latest figures also indicate that the whole population of the U.S. is also increasingly getting older, on average 38 years old, with experts saying the trend can be blamed on both millennials and baby boomers.

“Baby boomers and millennials alike are responsible for this trend in increased aging,” Molly Cromwell, a Census Bureau demographer, told the Hill. “Boomers continue to age and are slowly outnumbering children as the birth rate has declined steadily over the last decade.”

Utah, Texas, Alaska and the District of Columbia have the youngest residents in the country, with the median age ranging between 30.9 and 35 years old.

Maine, New Hampshire, Florida, West Virginia and Vermont appear to be the oldest states, with the median age ranging between 42 and nearly 45 years old.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/21...data-show.html

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Chicago's Population Loss Story Is One Of Black Population Loss ...
    https://marketurbanismreport.com/chicagos-story-population-loss-become-black-popu...
    The recent population decline pales in comparison to the losses of the previous decade—when the city averaged a
    decline of 20,000 a year. Still, it's a sign that ...

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Detroit is the most notable of a number of cities with population smaller than in 1950 and whose population shrinkage has been the most dramatic; Detroit's population was almost 1.85 million as of the 1950 census but has plummeted to 677,000 as of 2015, with the most rapid decline occurring between 2000 and 2010.

Population decline - Wikipedia

NO AMNESTY

White fertility going down because we cannot afford to have our own families and be FORCED to pay for the welfare and food stamps for the rest of the World.

Stop making us pay for this and whites will have bigger families.

We want QUALITY of life...not live in poverty with a bunch of kids we cannot afford.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

9 Brutally real reasons why millennials refuse to have kids

CULTURE JULY 25, 2017 BY ISABELLE KOHN

When faced with the question, "Do you want kids?" many millennials are shrugging and lackadaisically saying "NOPE."

"NOPE NOPE NOPE."

After all, long gone are the days when sex was reproductive; where the natural progression after marriage is 2.5 thankless spawn and a white picket fence in suburban hell.

Today's copulating post-youths are much more interested in their careers and life goals than they are in raising from a larval stage a human money suck, and as a result, our nation's birth rates are declining.

According to data from the Urban Institute, birth rates among women in their 20s have declined 15 percent between 2007 and 2012, and research from Pew uncovered a longer-term trend of people skirting parenthood — the number of blissfully child-less couples has doubled since 1970, with only about half of women ages 15-44 squeezing some out.

This decline in baby blobs worries some people, like your grandma, in part because there's still a undying taboo around with people (particularly women) who chose not to procreate. Ladies who choose not to violently blast forth from their uteri a living person have been referred to as "shallow" and "self-absorbed cat ladies," and even the cool pope has said the decision not to reproduce is fundamentally "selfish."

Too bad millennials don't give a flying shit what the cool pope says, even if he did release a rap album.

So, to find out why so many of us are saying "piss off" to parenthood, we sought out some opinions from our readers and friends. The responses are from people of all walks of life, and reveal that there's quite a plentiful grab-bag of reasons why none of us want little poop machines anymore.

1. The world kinda sucks now.

Sometimes the decision to not be a parent is as simple as wanting to spare a child from having to live in a world of jerks and terrorism and disease and our increasingly shitty ways of communication. There are many times that we ourselves regret being born into the time we were, and we don't really see the global situation improving enough to want to raise our kids in it. For all we know, there's going to be some sort of I Am Legend zombie apocalypse any day now and we'll all have to make suicide pacts with our loved ones to avoid an even gorier death so ... no kids allowed.

"Have you watched the news lately? That's exactly why I don't want kids." - Taylor, 23

"As I grow up myself, I realize more and more the kinds of shitty things people are capable of.

Kidnapping and rape and bullying and terror and stalking and identity theft and ... I could go on. Having experienced a couple of these things myself, it would break my heart knowing I was bringing an innocent child into a world where all that was possible. I feel like I'd have a really hard time not sheltering them or not being overprotective." - Cammie, 26

"One word: Trump. If that dude wins, I have a really hard time not picturing America as a smoldering nuclear wasteland. That's no place to raise a child." - Manuel, 28

2. We're poor as hell.

In case you haven't noticed, you have no money.

That would be because millennials are the highest-educated, worst-paid generation ever.

We can't even crawl, bruised and bloody, out of our student debt holes, so how are we supposed to afford the lifetime of cash hemorrhaging having children entails? We could make diapers out of our old vintage band tees maybe ... but ... no. We love that Devo tee.

In fact, many people we talked to specifically named their student loans as a reason for not being able to afford kids — a trend that doesn't seem to be going anywhere, if the total student debt of the Class of 2015 is to be believed.

"When a kid leaves your body, it costs a pretty $20-30K. I've got $52K in student loans to look forward to. That's negative money I have to feed and clothe and educate a kid. Not trying to bring up a dirt baby." - Seth, 25

"I'm lesbian, so unless my girlfriend grows a dick and balls, paying for a surrogate or artificial insemination would be a huge medical bill. Dogs are cheaper." - Drea, 27

"I can't even live off my pathetic salary, so how can I give a child the life they deserve?" - Micah, 23

3. Traffic and high rents make life miserable for the people that already exist.

The world's population is already out of control. Why add to the symptoms of overcrowding and environmental concerns? Adding more humans to the equations will only put further pressure on cities, the earth and worse — traffic, and we'd rather not be directly responsible for that. We'd rather be part of the solution, by learning to live with cleaner carbon footprints, sourcing food locally and using recycled materials, than be part of the problem.

"There are too many unwanted kids on the planet as is, and many of them are starving, underprivileged and have no resources. I don't want to contribute to that. I'd rather help kids that are already in need. I'm adopting if I ever decide I want kids. People don't understand how bad having a large population is." - Aimee, 27

"I have to say my commitment to the environment is greater than my commitment to humanity. Without an environment, there can be no humanity. So, I'm keeping my pussy shut." - Heather, 24

"I think we need more motivated innovators compared to mindless repopulaters. There are enough people as it is. Look at Denver. You can't even get a studio apartment for less than $1,000. If I can't afford to live my life because overpopulation increases demand and therefore prices, what's my kid gonna do? He's sure as shit not going to live with me until he's 30. I'm 28 and I live with my parents because I can't afford housing and it sucks. I can never masturbate." - Dante, 28

4. Pregnancy is ... not ... hot.

Even with all the medical technology we have, childbirth is a strenuous, excruciating, expensive physical ordeal. Some women just aren't into the idea of using their uteruses as a rental property, and they don't want to be a food source for something that lives inside them. The idea seems parasitic in nature and altogether kind of gross.

"I'm in med school and I'm fine around blood and guts, but when it comes to labor and childbirth, I feel lightheaded and nauseous. I just can't. Not for me. I'd consider a test tube baby if I could afford it, but like I said, medical school." - Adelaide, 27

"I'm just not one of those people that thinks pregnancy is a beautiful. I see pregnant women and my eye bulges and I feel grossed out by the whole thing. There's like, a person inside them. The only thing I want inside me is a vibrator or 26 burritos." - Zara, 26

"The idea of someone having to cut my vagina open or open up my stomach and uterus to get a baby out of body is just too much to handle. I guess I'd adopt, but I can't deal with the reality of a person bursting me open and then sucking on my tits. I can't even handle having a yeast infection so I don't know how I'd do with my pussy getting torn apart. My mom had to have an episiotomy (a surgical cut in the muscular area between the vagina and the anus) when she had me, and she couldn't have sex for a year afterwards. ****." - Harlan, 25

5. Because these days, people have kids for selfish reasons.

Ever hear a person say "I want kids to see if I've really learned everything I've learned" or "I just want to see what kind of person I'd make"?

That's bullshit. Those are selfish, self-absorbed reasons to have a dependent human pupa.

Kids aren't personal experiments. They're not mirrors we can admire ourselves in. They're their own living, breathing people and they'll look how they look, learn what they learn, and be who they are regardless of us. If you can't accept that and you're only in it to see what part of yourself would be transmitted to a new human, please, wear a condom.

"People say it's selfish not to have kids, but I think it's selfish to have them. Think of all the overcrowding and disease and depleted resources we're already facing. To bring them into the world just so you can see what the hybrid of you and your partner would look like is so dumb." - Fiona, 24

"I think these days, with social media and selfie culture, people are so self-obsessed that they see children as another mirror they can see their own reflection in, or even as an accessory they can use to get Instagram likes. They're almost like cute little status symbols, but I don't ascribe to those beliefs. I don't think people are thinking about the future needs and wishes of their kids as much anymore ... instead they're thinking about what kind of self-image having kids will portray to others." - Gabe, 30

6. We'll ruin them up with terrible parenting.

"Have you met me?" was the response we frequently got from people when we asked why they didn't want to be parents.

Not all women are preprogrammed with maternal instincts, and not all men have an urge to spread their seed. Some of us are self-admittedly shitty human beings, and the worst thing we can imagine doing is repopulating society with mini versions of ourselves.

What's more, some of us don't even like kids. Cool parents, amiright?

"I have personally have never felt the "motherly instinct" that women speak of. I've never felt my "biological clock" ticking. I have had multiple encounters with children throughout life and it is always awkward and uncomfortable. If I feel that way, and I always do, I probably shouldn't raise one." - Brandy, 28

"Children always have irritated me to no end.

You know that thing they do when they stare at you from over a restaurant booth or on the plane? I can't. The only time I enjoy children is when they are quiet, humble, intelligent beings, which is basically only when they're sleeping.

I'm not charmed by them, so for me, the logical solution is to not have any of my own. My absolute biggest pet peeve is when other people expect me to think their shitty kid is cute. They look exactly the same as all other kids." - Ryan, 29

"I'm a complete mess. I drink and I **** and I get absorbed in my work. I have all these qualities I dislike about myself that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, so I'm sure as shit not going to wish it on my own child. Meanwhile, I really do love my cat."- Colton, 25

"I don't want to know what a little me would be like. Have you met me? I can't even keep a plant alive." - Allen, 31

"I'd rather spend my energy, time and money helping people that are already alive than spend those things on someone who doesn't exist yet." - Rachel, 32

7. We want careers. So sue us.

New research suggests the idea of "having it all" — both a family and your dream career — is an unattainable, bullshit myth. So, unsurprisingly, a ton of people we talked to cited the whole career vs. kids thing as a reason not to grow a human life inside their bodies. Many people worried children would keep them from achieving their highest potential.

"My dad was an airline pilot because he loved flying. That was great, but he was literally never around for us. When I got older, I admired him for doing what made him happiest and I want to follow in his footsteps, but unlike him, I'm not going to launch myself face-first into my career at the expense of my children. Maybe someday if I feel I have time to actually be there for them, but right now, there's no way." - Amelia, 25

"When I picture my future self and the lifestyle I want to lead, I don't see kids. I love my job and I want to get the most out of my career. The thought of having to give that up to do things like spoon-feed mushed peas to a baby who will die if I'm not around her 24/7 is too stressful for me. I'd always be worried that, in trying to better myself and make myself happy, I'd be hurting my child in the process." - Wyatt, 26

"Every single person I know that's had kids in their 20s has given up their lives and careers to become a housewife or househusband. Even if both parents are working, one person always has to work less, or has to focus less on themselves and their dreams and aspirations.

I've worked so hard to get where I am and given up so much to reach my goals that the idea of giving up even more to stay at home and reroute my life in a different direction for the next 18 years doesn't do it for me." - Kathryn, 28

8. Because they're not going to fix anything.

So many idiotic people have kids because they're bored, their marriages have gone stale, or because they think it'll award them some sort of arbitrary social status. But kids aren't Band-Aids; they're life sucks who demand your complete attention for a minimum of 18 years.

They're not going to fix your marriage or make you a better person, and again, those are selfish reasons to have a child.

"One of my friends just had a baby because she thought it'd make her boyfriend marry her. That's ****ing crazy." - Tyler, 27

"My family has been putting so much pressure on my fiance and I to have kids because they're 'worried about what people will think if we don't.' I don't care what other people think.

Other people are not going to dictate what I do with my body and what comes screaming and crying out of it. If my family, or society for that matter, rejects me because I don't conform to the life path they expect me to, then they're not people I care to associate with anyway." - Natasha, 25

"Way too many couples think kids equal commitment. Nope." - Oliver, 25

9. We don't even need a reason; we just don't want them, so stop asking!

It's like if someone put a tuna fish sandwich in front of your face and was like "Here, ya want this?!"

Maybe. Some people love tuna. Others don't.

Neither needs a reason why.

What we do with our bodies, careers and money are personal choices and no one's required to provide an explanation for why one way or the other.

"It's my body and I shouldn't have to explain to people what choices I make with it." - Jalise, 31

"I can't really explain why. It just doesn't feel right. It doesn't feel like me, so why would I do it?" - Kyle, 27

https://therooster.com/blog/10-bruta...fuse-have-kids
    NO AMNESTY

Psalm 126:5
    "Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy."

MAGA!

They say they are "poor as hell". But they will vote for socialist Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton who want to raise taxes, ruin your healthcare and dump 1 billion refugees on your backs.

I say they are "dumb as hell" and have no clue what is going on in the world. They have no thought process or common sense anymore. Given everything to them by their parents and no work ethic. They have no idea what a hard days work is. The cell phone and tweeting has become their "socialization". No more contact with people or how to solve problems and have a conversation.

I agree...I would not bring a child into this world right now. Look at the mess we are in. We need Global Population Control. Uncontrolled breeding will not get you out of poverty and we cannot continue to FORCE others to pay their bills, welfare and food stamps.

We are headed for automation. Many low skill jobs will be gone. We do not need more uneducated people have 8 kids and unemployed.

Look at all the Single Parent family homes. Children with no father in their lives. Children whose fathers who do not even want to pay to support them...the taxpayer foot the bill.

Look at the hate and violence. No respect for others or their property. It blows my mind how people behave now. Go on vacation, it's maniac ranch at the hotel, pool or campground. Geez, surviving Wal-mart is a feat in itself.

High rent? No affordable housing? Continue to vote for Democrats who want to bring in MORE foreign workers taking your jobs and housing. They are not coming to pick your lettuce. We do not need 30 million lettuce pickers. They are taking your IT jobs, Doctor's, Nurses, high paying jobs.

You millennials haven't seen anything yet. Wait anther 10, 20 years and see what MASS destruction all these illegal aliens invading our countries are going to cause. You will regret the day you voted for this.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

US white population declines and Generation “Z-Plus” is minority white, census shows

William H. Frey
    June 22, 2018
    THE AVENUE

The U.S. Census Bureau’s release of race and age statistics for 2017 points to two noteworthy milestones about the nation’s increasingly aging white and growing diverse population.

First, for the first time since the Census Bureau has released these annual statistics, they show an absolute decline in the nation’s white non-Hispanic population—accelerating a phenomenon that was not projected to occur until the next decade.

Second, the new numbers show that for the first time there are more children who are minorities than who are white, at every age from zero to nine. This means we are on the cusp of seeing the first minority white generation, born in 2007 and later, which perhaps we can dub Generation “Z-Plus.”

Together these new data suggest that a signature feature of U.S. demographic change in the 21st century is the aging and decline of the white population, along with population growth among young minorities to counterbalance the trend.

White population decline

America’s white population has been increasing since the first census was taken in

. Table 1 shows the change in the non-Hispanic white population using data from the censuses of 1970 to 2010, and annual population estimates for 2011 to 2017, based on the recent release. These new numbers show, for the first time, an absolute decline in the nation’s white population of more than 9,000 whites between 2015 and 2016 and more than 35,000 whites between 2016 and 2017. (These new estimates revised earlier census estimates, which showed white gains between 2015 and 2016.)

Although these annual white declines are extremely modest (of -0.005 and -0.016 percent in 2015-16 and 2016-17, respectively), they are an early harbinger of the long-term trend that the Census Bureau projected previously this year. Those projections showed the white population declining after 2023.

This is indicative of a general aging of the white population, which means proportionately fewer white women in their childbearing years, and an excess of deaths over births (a natural decrease).

The recent downsizing of the white population could reflect post-recession-related fertility declines in the white population, leading to an inflation of white natural decrease to its highest levels of the last six years. The past year also showed a downturn in white immigration.

The good news for the nation is that white aging and potential future declines will be countered by gains in racial minorities. These populations increased by 4.7 million in the two years that the white population declined, including gains of 2.4 million among Hispanics, 1.1 million among Asians, and 1.2 million among all other races, according to the new estimates. Moreover, these gains are especially important in offsetting white declines that are occurring among the nation’s youth.

A new “minority white” generation

A second noteworthy finding from the new census estimates is that, for the first time, minorities outnumber whites nationally for each age under 10 (see Figure 2). While earlier estimates revealed “minority white” status for some of these youthful ages, this is now solidly the case for individuals born in each year since 2007.

Hence, this generation, which might be called Generation Z-Plus, is the first truly minority white generation, at 49.6 percent white, where 26 percent of its members are Hispanics, 13.6 percent African-Americans, and nearly 10 percent include Asians and persons of two or more races.

Of course, there is variation in Gen Z-Plus’s racial profile across the country. Notably, they are now minority white in 15 states, including Hawaii, New Mexico, California, Texas, and Nevada, plus the District of Columbia. In each of the latter states, the population under age 10 is less than 35 percent white (Download Table A). At the other extreme, 17 states—largely in New England, the Midwest, and Mountain West—house Gen Z-Plus populations that are more than two-thirds white. This population is minority white in 43 of the largest 100 metropolitan areas, including in Los Angeles, where less than 20 percent of 0-9-year-olds are white (Download Table A).

Declines of white youth

The rise of the minority white Generation Z-Plus has a lot to do with a steady decline in whites among America’s youth since 2000. This occurred as more white young people entered adulthood than were born or immigrated to the U.S. However, this trend was countered to some degree by a growing youthful minority population.

Nationally, whites under the age of 10 sustained a loss of 1.2 million between 2010 and 2017, according to the new estimates. This loss of youthful whites is fairly pervasive, occurring in 43 states and 81 of the nation’s 100 largest metropolitan areas.(Download Table B) This trend has also taken place in over four-fifths of the nation’s 3,100 counties (see Map 1). The parts of the country that have not seen white child declines tend to be places that have attracted recent white migrants, including younger segments of the white population. The states of Texas (especially Houston, San Antonio and Austin), Washington (Seattle), as well as North and South Dakota are in this category.

Yet these white declines are countered by gains in minorities. Between 2010 and 2017 the under age 10 population showed gains among minorities of nearly one million—lessening the nationwide young child decline to just 276,000.

Minorities have not stopped all geographic areas from child population decline but they contributed to gains in the under age 10 populations for 17 states and the District of Columbia, 48 of the 100 largest metropolitan areas, and over 800 counties. Some of these gains are attributable to immigration, but in fact, only 38 percent of total minority growth is due to immigration with the remainder attributable to natural increase. Nonetheless, it is clear that younger minority populations will be significant contributors to the nation’s youth in light of the overall aging of the white population.

These new census estimates underscore important demographic mega-trends that will impact the country’s future. As older baby boomers retire, there will be an increasing need for younger generations to contribute to a vibrant, productive labor force. Clearly the emerging minority white Generation Z-Plus—small in size and born since the onset of the Great Recession—will play a key role. This underscores the urgency of investing in the well-being of America’s racially diverse youth and their parents in the years and decades ahead.

https://www.investopedia.com/news/tr...t-can-be-done/

NO AMNESTY