Whoops! Biden admits Obamacare enrollment will be lower than needed come March 31

(AP Photo/Jim Mone, Pool)

Leave it to Joe Biden to once again step in it when it comes to Obamacare! The always comical vice president accidentally acknowledged Wednesday that the Obama administration doesn’t expect to come anywhere close to meeting its anticipated Obamacare enrollment numbers by the end of March.
“We may not get to seven million, we may get to five or six, but that’s a hell of a start,” Biden said, according to the White House pool reports.
“We didn’t want this to start off as shaky as it did,” he added. “But it’s complicated.”
Biden also acknowledged the rocky rollout of the law during his trip, as Minnesota was one of the states that – like the federal exchange - have been laden with technical issues delaying enrollment over the past few months.
According to POLITICO, the administration originally said that it would need 7 million Americans to sign up for insurance under the law by the end of March for it to function properly. Having more Americans in the program – particularly younger and healthier ones – are vital to keeping premiums low and the program financially solvent. While the administration did meet its monthly target for January, the early problems with the exchange websites have put the administration in catch-up mode as it hurries to enroll Americans before the March 31 deadline.
Biden, who was in Minneapolis for a private fundraiser, also took some time to sit down at a cafe with four women – all of whom have either benefited from the new law or are helping others enroll in the healthcare exchanges.
“Look, thank you for what you’re doing,” he told the women, adding that between a serious car accident and a brain aneurysm, “I’ve been a significant consumer of healthcare, and I’m not bragging about it.”
He continue to say that during those hospital stays, “All I kept thinking about was ‘Thank God I had all this insurance’.”

By Katie LaPotin /// February 20, 2014

http://redalertpolitics.com/2014/02/...come-march-31/