Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Why John McCain is finished

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=53638 -
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why John McCain is finished

Posted: January 5, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

Why does John McCain hate the GOP?

Furthermore, how does he expect to win the party's support for 2008?

Complaints are many from those of us who might be inclined to support him. He sought to author the end of political free speech with his unconstitutional campaign finance reform efforts. He seems clueless when it comes to one of the issues that his base voters care about – the protection of marriage. And he seems to be forgetting that an energized base is what he will need to win the GOP primaries, much less the actual general election for president in the next go around.

In this month's Vanity Fair, John McCain seems to have further insulted those he seeks the support of. The 10-page tediously detailed profile delves into the senator's inconsistencies on the protection of marriage, his feelings on the war on terror and his near hostility toward protecting the border:

"I think the fence is least effective. But I'll build the g-d--n fence if they want it."

(Column continues below)

In those 17 simple words, the "maverick" (which the media invented through him) has all but signed his political death wish. Republicans cannot trust McCain, and neither should the nation at large.

Need reasons why? His most signature work in the U.S. Senate sought to undue guaranteed protections for free speech – particularly in an election cycle where free speech is of most importance. In his own efforts to leverage power in Senate proceedings, he purposefully disrupted the will of his own majority party and further slowed down the needed debate on judges. In helping to orchestrate the gang of 14, he stymied clear consensus candidates to the courts as appointed by the president.

But in the Vanity Fair quote, he demonstrates something not seen before – direct hostility toward his own base of voters.

McCain, though a champion on fighting the effective fight on Islamic fascists who seek to kill us, has seemed unplugged, uninterested and, yes, hostile to voices who are calling for secure borders. He stood by as President Bush locked out John Kyl – his fellow senator from Arizona and a true champion against illegal immigration – from proceedings that were designed to brainstorm solutions to the border dilemma.

But his statement takes on an even more sinister tone.

John McCain has spent a good deal of time and resources attempting to convince faith-based conservatives that he is the real deal in recent months. Hiring an evangelical blogger to argue his case, appearing at Jerry Falwell's Liberty University and seeking audiences with other evangelicals, McCain has attempted to say to the GOP's most valued voting block that he is one of us.

It is interesting that the one statement reveals consistency in McCain's character in two ways – yet neither of them helpful.

If McCain were serious in his efforts to reach the faith-based voter, taking God's name in vain is a stupid thing to do. Evangelicals, Catholics, even serious Jews all believe that God's name is sacred and combining it with the idea of hellish damnation is in fact defamation to the Creator.

It may come as a shock to McCain, but some people are actually, truly offended by such a muff.

But in using this style of communication he heaps mountains of contempt upon that same base that is rightfully worried about who, what and why people are crossing our borders without us knowing anything about them, why they are coming and what they are bringing with them.

At one point in the Vanity Fair piece, the author observes that McCain is not good at talking about social conservatism, and that he is even worse at faking it.

Both aspects of that statement are not only readily obvious but ripe with an aroma that has already caused most faith-based voters to look elsewhere for the GOP candidate of choice in 2008.

McCain, of course, is only one of the problematic three that are all facing tremendous uphill battles in aspiring to be the party's mantle bearer. Giuliani is fiscally strong and far more consistent in his politics day to day – but he's firmly entrenched on the wrong side of the abortion and marriage debates to win any or all of the Bible Belt states. Romney is right on the issues, yet his own faith of Mormonism is scary, strange and apostate to the same block of voters that McCain and Giuliani have also spurned.

John McCain's voting record could have helped him in the outreach to pro-life voters. But his denseness, arrogance and lack of discipline have all but done in him in the election before the election.

It didn't have to be that way. There may even be time to correct course.

It seems terribly unlikely, though, that a man who has earned the bulk of his praise through being so far removed from the base of his party's voters will now suddenly see the light and embrace them sincerely.

I guess, however, one can always hope. …

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I feel McCain has betrayed the trust of the people of the U.S.A. to even consider amnesty to these criminal invaders, least of all to even speak about it.

Mr. McCain has chosen to insult God by taking His name in vain and further insulted the American people by protecting Illegal Aliens and standing against the very country he desires to oversee in that pursuit.

Jeremiah 29:11
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

As far as I am concerned..John McCain stepped away from the Republican Party..at least noticably about five years ago.
    When he fought for the Illegal aliens, against the fence, is for Amnesty and joining Kennedy to get an Amnesty.
    I would never trust him.
    He has turned his back on this country and on the Republicans
    that once supported him.
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

JAK
    I guess, however, one can always hope. …
    Not in my eyes! He has already shown his "true colors".

HE CANNOT BE TRUSTED TO PROTECT THIS COUNTRY AND ITS CITIZENS... AGAINST FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC EMEMIES...INCLUDING BIG BUSINESS...IMO!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

As far as I am concerned..John McCain stepped away from the Republican Party..at least noticably about five years ago.
    When he fought for the Illegal aliens, against the fence, is for Amnesty and joining Kennedy to get an Amnesty.
    I would never trust him.
    that once supported him.
    Ditto!
    That about sums up everything I have to say about him except, I think he has a screw loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene
    I would never trust him.
    that once supported him.
    Ditto!
    That about sums up everything I have to say about him except, I think he has a screw loose.
    He is going to go down in history as the quintessential "RINO": Republican In Name Only.

Is amazes me. It seems we are at a stage in our nation's history where politicians do everything they can to enrage the electorate and they get alot of pleasure out of the negative energy they generate. They deserve nothing but our civil disobedience and resistance.

Let's hope that if amnesty passes the local police departments feel that way, too and refuse to honor the requests of the Treason Congress. Perhaps together we can act in the ways we think are best for this country by flat out refusing to obey their crooked laws, their "activist" judges, their illegal invaders.

MW
    Hmmm...........once again, as in many articles concerning GOP presidential candidates, Rep. Duncan Hunter is completely ignored.

Hunter better get busy!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

McCain has been moving toward the center for some time now. He realized a number of years ago that with the house and senate divided as close as they are, those in the middle will weld a lot of power. McCain along with several other key republicans and democrats are in the position to dictate whether or not a bill passes. McCain of course wants to become president. As far as I'm concerned McCain is a traitor. His father and grandfather were both full admirals. They are probably looking down at him in shame. He has betrayed his country by catering to those who have invaded it.

MCCAIN LOST ME

MCCAIN LOST ME WHEN HE STOOD BEFORE THE LABOR PARTY AND DECLARED JOBS AMERICANS WON'T DO
    AND SAID HE'D PAY $50.00 AN HOUR TO ANY AMERICAN WHO PICKED LETTUCE FOR THE WHOLE SEASON
    WHEN A GROUP OF US WANTED TO APPLY FOR THE JOB...HE WOULDN'T RESPOND TO PHONE CALLS OR E-MAILS...HE'S A LIAR AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, ANTI-AMERICAN, TOLD ILLEGALS TO STAND UP AND FIGHT AND WANTS AMENSTY...BECAUSE HE THINKS IT WILL HELP HIM WIN.
    THE AMENESTY BILL WAS FIRST CALLED MCCAIN-KENNEDY..THEN KENNEDY-SOMEONE ELSE AND THEN SOMEONE ELSE-SOMEONE ELSE
    ...(sorry I forgot the names, can't access at the moment) BUT YOU GET THE IDEA...HE IS A SORRY CHOICE
    <div>If a squirrel goes up a politician's pants... You can bet...he'll come-back down hungry.....

</div>