Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Did public education ever work?

I mean, how about this claim:

Back when all Americans were home or community schooled ("Little House on the Prairie"), we were the best educated we ever were.

Then, as soon as schools went public, the quality of our educations began inexorably declining.

So, we started off being excellently educated.
    Then we go public.
    And we "degenerate" into being well educated — and nobody complains..
    And then we're only adequately educated — but nobody minds too much...
    But only when we keep degenerating further and further do people begin to complain more and more.

But it's been a decline since day one.

I had a co-worker in San Diego who occasionally invited me to dinner parties. Her daughter was a brand new 2nd-grade teacher (23 years old and just out of college).

I remember a debate we were having with a vegetarian whereby I and the new teacher were arguing with a guy that vegetarianism is not "natural" for humans.

Me: "Humans have been eating meat since caveman days. Hunting game has been a part of the human existence since the beginning of mankind."

Teacher: "Yep. Ancient man not only hunted meat, but they also fished and gathered dinosaur eggs."

NO. She was not kidding. She was dead-on serious!!

I couldn't hold it in. I laughed so hard my sides hurt. But when I was able to breathe again and looked around me, nobody was laughing with me.

Sigh...I guess too many people took the Flintstones to heart.

Oh, and if any of you are shaking your heads wondering what the hell I'm talking about....DINOSAURS PREDATE MAN BY 60 MILLION YEARS!

These people are teaching our kids!
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12