Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why is US Govt Giving Barrett M82A1 .50BMG Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle to Alqaeda in Libya

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Why is US Govt Giving Barrett M82A1 .50BMG Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle to Alqaeda in Libya

Why is US Govt Giving Barrett M82A1 .50BMG Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle to Alqaeda in Libya?

Submitted by AnCapMercenary on Wed, 04/04/2012 - 08:13
    MORE reason to indict all those who pushed for Libyan invasion and arming of the 'rebels' in Libya, like Senators McCain, Graham, Lieberman, Kerry, et al.
    You know, the usual traitorous suspects?

The following is a smallarms catalogue compiled by an Aussie merc.

Optics of The Libyan Revolution | The Firearm Blog

Small Arms of the 2011 Libyan Conflict – Cataloguing the Weapons of War « The Rogue Adventurer

Optics of the Libyan Conflict « The Rogue Adventurer

Optics of the Libyan Conflict – Part II « The Rogue Adventurer

Optics of the Libyan Conflict – Part III « The Rogue Adventurer

Check out the gear. It's Un-F'ng believable.

Our own fellow Californians can't legally own any new Barrett M82A1M in .50BMG, so Ronnie Barrett & son resorted to making a 'CA-legal' .416cal ammo for the M82.

Yet, literally the friggin Al-CIA-da in Libya can have them.

Like WT F'ety F' F'!! ??

Even IF a GOP/RINO/neoCon were as gullible as to believe in the official govt fairytale on 9/11, shouldn't the mere idea of literally arming "those responsible for 9/11," disgust the hell out of them?'

Right, that is if a RINO actually had any principles.

Not just that, but the Barrett arrived WITH their Leupold Mark IV/BORS system combo! Basically a $10,000+ package, PER rifle!

Sure, oBUSHma's "anti-gun" when it comes to those whom he's supposed to serve, but if one is a member of Al-CIA-da? He's like why not! Oh, oBomBa and those neoCon/RINOs sure love arming those foreign terrorists who'll later no doubt turn against America, with OUR taxpayer funded weaponry as well as training.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

Way to go, ya crazy lunatic, moronic statists!

Woohoo! Un-F'ng believable!

TRAITORS, ALL of them!

Why the HELL are they financing, arming, and training our future enemies?

Oh right, problem, reaction solution.

And, in their case, it's just a MiC commercial tradition to arm both sides of a conflict. So what else is new?

Check out what else they're getting. Aside from the assorted newer 100 series AK's and crap load of older AKM's, RPK's PKM's, RPG7, and wait for it... wait for it... wait for it...

a North Korean scope!

LOL you know your govt's sociopathically, psychotically crazy when they're funding the same faction that's also funded by the Norh Koreans!

Not only that, the 'nominally forbidden to export without a US State Department 'approval' Red-dot reflex sights' like AimPoint, and the more budget-friendly Bushnells, were also spotted. Oh it gets better: the 'rebels' were also awarded with the official ACOG of UK military, ELCAN!!!

On the rifle end of things, the newer Heckler und Koch G36 were also spotted, to Fabrique National Herstal. And no, not some Falklands' left over FN FAL's, we're talking the new fancy schmancy F2000, and P90!!!
    Like WTF???????

This is akin to US DoD/CIA/NATO/mercs dropshipping a container full of latest full-auto military smallarms into both Crips and the Bloods turf in South Central LA in the year 1985.

The usual terrorist loving and grooming POS in Senate are LITERALLY arming, financing, and training our future enemies!

Hey, they just qualified themselves under oBUSHma's NDAA Sec.1021!!! So will oBomBa get Graham, Kerry, Levin, Lieberman, McCain under Sec.1021 for aiding not just "associated forces" but actual Al-CIA-da faction in Libya??

Right. When Obama actually stops being a Wall St. Bankster puppet.

My lord, do we have a screwy 'foreign policy.'

Why is US Govt Giving Barrett M82A1 .50BMG Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle to Alqaeda in Libya? | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Optics of The Libyan Revolution

Nic Jenzen-Jones has been cataloging the optics used by the Libyan used by both sides during the Libyan Revolution. Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.

This Barrett M82A1M, serial number 22750, is topped off with a BORS (Barrett Optical Ranging System) equipped Leupold 4.5–14×50 Mark 4 scope, was allegedly use by Libyan rebels. I would love to know which country supplied this gun to either the Libyan Army or to the rebels.

Optics of The Libyan Revolution | The Firearm Blog

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Small Arms of the 2011 Libyan Conflict – Cataloguing the Weapons of War

Posted on December 12, 2011 by N.R. Jenzen-Jones

As some of my readers know, I have been undertaking a rather large research project over these past few months, inspired by my recent articles on the AK-103 assault rifles that have been seen in Libya. I am endeavouring to build a ‘complete-as-possible’ database of the various small arms used in the recent Libyan conflict. To do this, I am relying on OSINT collected from various media outlets, social media sites, uploaded videos, and so on, as well as NGOs operating in Libya, and local Libyan sources I have developed myself. A full list of sources will be available with the finished product. I have spent a lot of time identifying and, where necessary, researching the various small arms that have been spotted so far, and today began to develop a database for that raw information.

Of course, the
    photo shown above is a screenshot of a VERY rough and early draft, and does not feature all of the fields to be included in the final product.

The weapon above is an FN Herstal (Fabrique Nationale) F2000 assault rifle, which were sold by FN to Libya in a 2009 arms deal (delivered 2009-2010). In the detail photo, at bottom, you can see an inscription in Arabic denoting that the weapon belonged to the ’32nd Reinforced Brigade of the Armed People’ – known informally as the ‘Khamis Brigade‘, after Gaddafi’s youngest son who commanded the unit. The unit was also known to have received a number of other weapons from FN Herstal, including Five-SeveN handguns, P90 submachine guns, Minimi machine guns and FN 303 less-lethal crowd control weapons. There is also evidence to suggest they used Heckler & Koch G36E and G36KE assault rifles.

Amongst other interesting small arms, I also have entries for MPi KM and MPi KMmS assault rifles of East German provenance, Sterling and MAT-49 submachine guns, Rashid and Berthier battle rifles, and Barrett M82A1M and Cugir SA PSL sniper rifles.

So, as you can see, there is a lot of interesting information to be collected about the small arms used in Libya. The main hurdle I have hit so far is acquiring detailed photos of weapon receivers (to show serial numbers, manufacturer’s marks, etc.). These are, obviously, rarely available through regular media, and most have come from sources on the ground – both those I have developed, and those posting to social media sites such as Twitter, Tumblr, and YouTube. If anyone is in a position to help me with acquiring more weapon photos – particularly detail shots although any photos of ‘unusual’ small arms would also be appreciated – please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me.

I’m also considering adding a section to each weapon’s entry detailing accessories seen in use with the system, such as the optics shown in an earlier Rogue Adventurer post. A number of small arms have also been seen with suppressors, underbarrel grenade launchers, and so on. Another idea I am floating around at the moment is adding a link to the relevant ammunition type/s seen for each weapon system.

Any suggestions, additions, alerts to unusual weapons, or ideas for procuring more detailed photos are all appreciated.

Small Arms of the 2011 Libyan Conflict – Cataloguing the Weapons of War « The Rogue Adventurer

Optics of the Libyan Conflict

Posted on December 1, 2011 by N.R. Jenzen-Jones

Let me just say, off the bat, that whilst I am familiar with a few different types and models of modern combat optics, I am by no means an expert. That said, I have bumped into a few photos from the recent Libyan conflict that have raised an eyebrow, so I though I would collate them here.

This rebel fighter is holding an AK-103 (likely an AK-103-2, as discussed here) with what appears to be a Belarusian PK-01 series collimating (‘red dot’) weapon sight. It appears to be one of the latest PK-01VS models produced by LEMT, as seen on their website here.

Photo via MilitaryPhotos.net (original source unlisted).

UPDATE 02/12/2011: Thanks to a reader for pointing out that LEMT sights are actually manufactured in Belarus, not Russia.

This picture shows a rebel sniper/counter-sniper with an FAL fitted with a commercial hunting scope. Reports have referred to Libyan rebels using Bushnell telescopic sights.

Photo from Getty Images via daylife.com

UPDATE 02/12/2011: Another photo here shows a scope that appears to be the same. These look as if they may be Bushnell ‘Banner’ series sights.

This image shows another AK-103, this time fitted with what appears to be an Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight (ACOG). I’m not sure on the model, and it is also possible that it is a cheap knock-off as there are many of those readily available. There is also an interesting suppressed Beretta, but that is for another post!
    Photo from AFP.

The FAL in this picture looks to be fitted with an ELCAN sight, such as the C79 optical sight (AKA ‘Wildcat’ or SpecterOS 3.4x)
    Photo source unknown.

If anyone has any other pictures of optics from the Libyan conflict, or can shed any more light on the photos shown here, please get in contact with me.

Optics of the Libyan Conflict « The Rogue Adventurer

Optics of the Libyan Conflict – Part II

Posted on December 14, 2011 by N.R. Jenzen-Jones

I’ve been trawling through thousands of Libyan conflict photos over the last few days and I’ve found a number of interesting small arms to add to the database. I’ve also come across a few more weapon sights to add to the list that I started here.

Stills from this video show what appears to be an Aimpoint-style collimator sight (possibly a CompM3?) or a knock-off attached to the right side Picatinny rail on an FN F2000 assault rifle.
    Photo from video noted above.

Romanian PSL rifles have seemed to be prevalent in Libya, and most that I have seen have been used in conjunction with I.O.R. (Întreprinderea Optică Română) LPS TIP2 telescopic sights. These 4x magnification sights have a 24mm diametre lens, and are closely modeled on Soviet/Russian PSO-1 sights.
    Photo from Reuters.

This RPG-7 appears to be fitted with a PGO-7B telescopic sight. This is a Belarusian (previously USSR) produced sight with an illuminated reticle , which comes in three models. More information can be found here.
    Photo from AP.

I found this clearer photo of an Elcan SpecterOS 3.4x (AKA C79 or ‘Wildcat’) last night. Again, it is seen mounted on an FN FAL.
    Photo from AP.

This Heckler & Koch G36 (probably a G36V, the export version) assault rifle appears to be fitted with a combined 3x telescopic sight and 1x reflex sight, as generally seen on Bundeswehr-issue G36s. A photosensor automatically adjusts the illumination of the reticle based on the ambient light conditions.
    Photo from AP.

This G36, by comparison, is equipped with an export-standard optical sight – either 1.5x or 3x, as seen here.
    Photo courtesy of Brad E. Owens (Osprey
    Security Services).
    UPDATE 16/02/2012
    Here’s a great shot of the G36′s combined 3x telescopic sight and 1x reflex sight optics taken in Ragdalin, Western Libya.
    Photo by Carl de Souza (AFP).

Optics of the Libyan Conflict – Part II « The Rogue Adventurer

Optics of the Libyan Conflict – Part III

Posted on February 16, 2012 by N.R. Jenzen-Jones

Whilst work continues on the Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW) database that I am currently compiling, I continue to come across a few interesting optics here and there. You can see my first two posts on these here, and here. I’ve added a handful more below.

This Barrett M82A1M is fitted with a Leupold 4.5–14×50 Mark 4 telescopic rifle scope. It also features the Barrett Optical Ranging System, or BORS. This device is an integrated ballistic computer, that couples directly to the elevation knob on the Leupold scope. It compensates for temperature, barometric pressure, and changes in the position of the rifle (tilt and cant).
    Picture courtesy of James Bays (Al Jazeera)

A number of FN P90 submachine guns have cropped up in Libya, as part of an FN-Libya arms deal in 2009/10. They are fitted with Ring Sights MC-10-80 reflex sights. The NVD-compatible sight features a black ‘daytime’ reticule, and a red ‘T’ shape, lit by a Gaseous Tritium Light Source (GTLS), for night use.
    Photo courtesy of Bradley E. Owens (Osprey
    Security Services).

This is a 9P135M-1 launcher for the 9M111 Fagot (AT-4 Spigot) and 9M113 Konkurs (AT-5 Spandrel) series of missiles. So far I’ve only seen 9M111M Faktoriya /Fagot-M (AT-4C Spigot C) missiles in photos from Libya. You can see the 9S451 guidance box in the background, and the 9Sh119 10x optical sight in the foreground. The launcher operates on the Semi-Automatic Command to Line of Sight (SACLOS) guidance principle.
    Photo courtesy of Peter Bouckaert (Human Rights Watch)

This photo shows an AK-103-2 (you can read about their appearance in Libya here) fitted with a North Korean copy of the PGO-7 series optical sights, originally intended for use on the RPG-7. You can see some Chosŏn’gŭl - the DPRK term for Hangeul script – characters clearly in this photograph. This is the first photo I’ve seen of such a sight, so any information would be appreciated. You can contact me here.
    Photo courtesy of Damien Spleeters (The Trigger).

Optics of the Libyan Conflict – Part III « The Rogue Adventurer

Reality Check: Is Al-Qaeda An Enemy Or Not?

Published on Aug 2, 2012 by BenSwannRealityCheck

Ben Swann Reality Check looks at a new report that the U.S. Government is funding the opposition in Syria including al Qaeda fighters.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast