Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Woman with flat-screen TV, Xbox seeks financial help: Heat

Woman with flat-screen TV, Xbox seeks financial help

Complains about home-heating assistance not being available --Macon Telegraph, Georgia
    Funding cuts leave many without home heating assistance in Macon

WOODY MARSHALL/THE TELEGRAPH Showing her Georgia Power bills in the one warm room of her home, Raymeica Kelly explains how her mother, sister and herself were turned away from the Energy Assistance Program on Wednesday morning after standing in line for four hours. All three complained that the system the Macon-Bibb County Economic Opportunity Council uses to give out the assistance needs improving.

By PHILLIP RAMATI - pramati@macon.com
    Thursday, Dec. 16, 2010
    290 Comments

When Eugene Jenkins showed up at St. Paul AME Church at 1:30 a.m. Wednesday, he didn’t know he would be one of the last people to get a ticket for assistance with his heating bill.

He waited in line until 7 a.m., when officials started to hand out the tickets, then went home for a few hours before returning at 10 a.m. By the time he had finished up his paperwork, it was 1:15 p.m., making for a long day.

Jenkins was one of the lucky ones in Macon, though. Other people were turned away because the Macon-Bibb County Economic Opportunity Council, which distributes the federal money, had its share of funding for the program cut by 44 percent this year.

“I don’t know what I was going to do without it,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They are redistributing my money for that?

Banned
    I believe firmly in giving a hand up, but I do not believe in hand outs. If someone is down and out give them a hand up and if they don't take it as its meant to be taken screw them.

They really don't go into this womans past history. They just say she's been unemployed for a year (what no unemployment benefits?) and just got a job. But really something smells commonly familiar. Sounds like she was planning on the home heating assistance as she probably has used in the past which leads me to my conclusion.

What I see is likely just another welfare scenario where someone is collecting and maybe works the occasional job. However they misuse the money instead of making sure they pay the bills and have food in the fridge they spend it on extras.

I have seen so many times welfare collectors owning big screen TVs, PS3's and Xbox's, high end stereo systems, cars, and so on. However kids are often starving half the time wearing not much better then rags, education lags behind, no parental involvement.... but yes they all sit around that BIG screen TV.

Its time to end the welfare state and the handout society. I support limited unemployment and even very limited welfare. However those using the system as a means of a life need to be gotten rid of. As a war disabled vet I barely get enough to support my family, and I surely can't afford a big screen tv. However these people who didn't do anything to earn their benefits get everything handed to them.

WOODY MARSHALL/THE TELEGRAPH Showing her Georgia Power bills in the one warm room of her home, Raymeica Kelly explains how her mother, sister and herself were turned away from the Energy Assistance Program on Wednesday morning after standing in line for four hours. All three complained that the system the Macon-Bibb County Economic Opportunity Council uses to give out the assistance needs improving.
    But she had no problems finding the money for her 42' flat screen tv! The gall of some people is amazing!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Think of the children!

:P
    Reporting without fear or favor-American Rattlesnake