Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Are You Sure You Can Handle the Truth?Petraeus Report

Are You Sure You Can Handle the Truth?

Petraeus Report Cooks the Books with Deft Kabuki Spin.
    Benefactor: Big Oil.

September 21, 2007, Baltimore, MD
    Reading the General Petraeus report on the Iraq debacle reminded me of nothing so much as Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men yelling, "You can't handle the truth!"

The report goes to great lengths to paint a picture of progress in Iraq, but the truth is a far different story. As the New York Times and the Washington Post have reported, the declining number of deaths in Iraq that Petraeus cites depends on a few accounting tricks: like not counting a death as an assassination if you're shot in the front of the head, and not counting deaths by car bombs.

So, what are we really doing in Iraq?

We're building and maintaining permanent military bases from which our military will ensure a near-monopoly of the world's second-largest oil reserve. All this... for a small cadre of corporate fatheads, including the top members of Bush, Inc. The American taxpayer will be burdened with footing the bill for security in Iraq ($2 billion PER DAY!) to provide stable working conditions for Exxon-Mobil, Shell, Halliburton, not to mention the dozens of corporations feeding off the military spend bosom.

But this White House clearly believes you can't handle the truth.

Well, those of us in the energy world can handle it, and here it is: because the U.S. could not tolerate the possibility that the second-largest oil bonanza on Earth might be held beyond our reach by a dictator who hated us.

The fact is, the U.S. uses fully one-quarter of the world's oil, but we possess only about two percent of its reserves, and we rely on imports for about 60% of our consumption.

Meanwhile, Peak Oil is either just behind us, or nearly upon us...

Without guaranteed access to Iraq's oil, we absolutely could not maintain our military and economic dominance of the world. Vice President Cheney has known this, even spoken publicly about it, for many years. And why else would he have convened a meeting of Big Oil representatives within his first month in the White House to pore over maps of Iraq's oil fields, as if that were the top priority of the administration?

We at EnergyAndCapital.com have prepared a full report, called "The Truth about Oil," and we're happy to share these truths with you.

To get our new report, simply sign up for the free Energy and Capital e-Letter, a daily advisory on the fast-moving realities in the energy and oil sector, written and edited by energy and natural resources investing expert Chris Nelder.

Your e-mail address:

(Must be valid, will be verified)

After getting our latest Peak Oil report, you'll begin receiving the Energy and Capital e-Letter, delivered to your inbox five times a week. In each issue, you'll discover the foresight and vision to exploit the investment strategies in a world beyond oil.

Here are some recent Energy and Capital issues our readers picked as their favorites:

A Steady Stream of Profits in Water... One of Today's Best Investment Plays
    Exploring the Blueprint for the Energy Crisis Solution... and How To Make a Fortune in the Process
    Putting Peak Oil to the Test: 4 Plays for Today's Energy Markets
    The Future: Steam-Powered Cars... Investing in Geothermal Resources that Benefit the Environment
    Global Carbon Reduction: The World's Richest Dive into the New Carbon Market
    Today, energy is at a crossroads. Like a lit fuse, a catastrophe of immeasurable proportions is looming. And while the energy crisis is beginning to make its way into the U.S. media limelight, few are aware of the true scope and magnitude of this crisis.

Become an Energy and Capital member today. It's free, and there's absolutely no obligation, ever. And don't forget to get rich this time!

http://www.energyandcapital.com/aqx_p/2 ... Ggod3ne7SQ

So called "peak oil" has been "peaking" for decades. We were supposed to run out years ago, but then new technology for drilling changed all that. Billions of barrels of oil are known to be in our own country, but the enviromentalists have preventing drilling. It is estimated that enough coal, which can be converted to oil, is in the U.S. to last 500 years.

60% of all our oil comes from North America. The Saudi's provide a lion's share of the rest.

Crude Oil Imports (Top 15 Countries)
    (Thousand Barrels per Day)
    Country Aug-07 Jul-07 YTD 2007 Aug-06 Jan - August 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CANADA 1,906 1,797 1,847 1,862 1,780
    SAUDI ARABIA 1,468 1,434 1,427 1,477 1,409
    MEXICO 1,381 1,469 1,448 1,667 1,663
    NIGERIA 1,184 890 1,025 898 1,063
    VENEZUELA 1,136 1,167 1,120 1,151 1,166
    ALGERIA 572 520 509 506 347
    IRAQ 500 460 478 620 561
    ANGOLA 400 392 524 525 486
    BRAZIL 250 147 171 196 130
    ECUADOR 240 159 196 285 268
    COLOMBIA 152 207 126 125 160
    KUWAIT 139 197 189 136 159
    LIBYA 104 165 84 84 64
    RUSSIA 90 99 125 167 107
    OMAN 79 0 20 68 33

Iraq isn't as critical as the article suggests, but the authors are "alternative energy" investment people, so the hype is expected from them.

If you haven't read it, here's another reason to be outraged by this war:

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-88266-.html

Thanks for the link CHloe24, I haven't seen this movie (I'll try to find it) but I've been reading a lot and I totally agree on all your points .
    it's regretable that people don't wake up to see what is going on .

Quote Originally Posted by minnie
    Thanks for the link CHloe24, I haven't seen this movie (I'll try to find it) but I've been reading a lot and I totally agree on all your points .
    it's regretable that people don't wake up to see what is going on .
    You're very welcome Minnie. I ordered my copy from the following website: http://www.onedollardvdproject.com/DVD-new/Home.html

This gentleman from TX (Ron Neil) is doing a great job of making these educational documentaries available and affordable, so that us regular folks can purchase them in several quantities and help to spread the word.

He's changed the contents of some of the DVDs so email Ron and ask which DVD contains the movie "Iraq For Sale - The War Profiteers."
    Good luck!

MW
    Access to Mid-East oil is in our national interest, whether some want to believe it or not. A shortage of oil would negatively impact our national security and economy. That's a fact that can't be dismissed. However, it's rather simplistic to believe oil is the only reason we're in the Middle East. It's much more complicated than that. A failed Iraq in will provide a safe haven for terrorists and extremists in the Middle East. Can anyone deny that? It will also embolden those who wish to do us harm. Additionally, it would give the terrorists and extremists an additional tool besides safe haven, and that is revenues from oil sales. Whether we should have went into Iraq or not is debatable, however, now that we're there, we need to finish what we started, or at least leave the Iraq government with a reasonable chance to succeed.

Have you even considered how many innocent Iraqi civilians (men, women, and children) will die as a direct result of an early exit? I'm talking about the death of those folks, and their family's, that have supported us. Do you want that on your conscience? Don't fool yourself, should the Iraqi government fail, many in the government and those that supported the government will be systematically murdered. I won't argue the merits for going into Iraq, however, now that we're there it's imparative that we complete our goal of standing up a working government. To exit prematurely would be a disaster for our supporters in Iraq and would, no doubt, negatively impact our national security.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well said, MW. We broke it and we should fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Access to Mid-East oil is in our national interest, whether some want to believe it or not. A shortage of oil would negatively impact our national security and economy. That's a fact that can't be dismissed. However, it's rather simplistic to believe oil is the only reason we're in the Middle East. It's much more complicated than that.

A failed Iraq in will provide a safe haven for terrorists and extremists in the Middle East. Can anyone deny that? It will also embolden those who wish to do us harm. Additionally, it would give the terrorists and extremists an additional tool besides safe haven, and that is revenues from oil sales. Whether we should have went into Iraq or not is debatable, however, now that we're there, we need to finish what we started, or at least leave the Iraq government with a reasonable chance to succeed.

Have you even considered how many innocent Iraqi civilians (men, women, and children) will die as a direct result of an early exit? I'm talking about the death of those folks, and their family's, that have supported us. Do you want that on your conscience?

Don't fool yourself, should the Iraqi government fail, many in the government and those that supported the government will be systematically murdered. I won't argue the merits for going into Iraq, however, now that we're there it's imparative that we complete our goal of standing up a working government. To exit prematurely would be a disaster for our supporters in Iraq and would, no doubt, negatively impact our national security.
    I feel horrible for the suffering on both sides but if anyone should carry the weight of this war on their conscience, it should be the Neo-cons, and the war profiteers such as Halliburton, CACI, etc., not the American people who were lied to.

MW, at one time I believed exactly the way that you do. But our presence in Iraq was preplanned before 9-11 with an agenda to never leave!

I suggest you watch the documentary I mentioned and then see if you feel the same way after viewing it:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... profiteers

Claims and Facts: Rhetoric, Reality and the War in Iraq
    Dates and Precise Quotes
    http://www.americanprogress.org/kf/prir ... ct1029.htm

I think MW has a pretty good understanding of the situation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Chloe24, I've bought the DVD yesterday night on amazon.com when you recomended it, but thanks for this other link I'm going to order some DVDs too.
    Is very difficult for the people to admit what is going on behind the curtains, it is really so terrible that is hard to accept.
    The amount of money stealed, the plunge of the dollar..
    I also campaigned for boosh, but when the things start to be so evident and we talk to people who is involved and they also start saying the same you have to believe that there is something going on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast