Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Appeal to Sparta, White county, Tennessee Authorities.

Herd Sullivan
    County Executive; White County
    1 East Brockman Way
    Sparta, TN 38583-2049

Dear Sir:
    I am writing today to ask you to please follow the lead of Hazelton, PA and pass strict immigration enforcement measures in Sparta and White County as soon as possible. The federal government is not adequately securing our border or enforcing our existing immigration laws. I feel it is incumbent upon our states and cities to take action to protect communities from illegal immigration. Illegal immigration has many negative repercussions for our communities including depressed wages, increased health care costs, increased costs to taxpayers, increased crime, infectious diseases, and lost American jobs.
    I hope you will stand with the vast majority of Americans that want our laws enforced and our communities and tax dollars protected from illegal aliens.
    Please pass these ordinances as soon as possible. A majority of your constituents support this effort.

Hazleton, PA
    Last month, in a raucous meeting, the mayor and City Council passed the Illegal Immigration Relief Act. (Barletta wore a bulletproof vest because, he says, Hazleton is menaced by a surge in crime committed by illegal immigrants.) The act imposes a $1,000-per-day fine on any landlord who rents to an illegal immigrant, and it revokes for five years the business license of any employer who hires one. The act also declares English to be the city's official language. Employees are forbidden to translate documents into another language without official authorization.
    Post subject: Clarksville, TN Focus Campaign:
    Ward 4 City Councilman Wallace Redd has drafted an ordinance, to be presented to the City Council the week of Sept. 4th, which would punish landlords or employers who "aid and abet illegal aliens." The ordinance also "declares that English is the official language of the city government."
    Post subject: Huntsville, AL Focus Campaign
    HUNTSVILLE, Ala. A Huntsville city councilman has proposed a law that would fine landlords renting to illegal immigrants one thousand dollars a day.
    Huntsville City Councilman Glen Watson has proposed the law as part of his Illegal Immigrant Relief Act Ordinance. The act also makes English the official language of city businesses and would penalize employers hiring illegal Aliens.
    ALIPAC (Americans for Legal Immigration PAC) Activism and FOCUS Campaigns
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... forum&f=24
    Cc: County Commissioners Terry Alley, Wallace Austin, Jerry Austin, Marion Bumbalough, Bruce Null, Jerry Denton, Joe B. England, Richard Lane, Betty S. Bohannon, W.A. Alley, Hank D. Clark, B.K. Luna, Dewayne Howard, Danny K. Robinson, Sheriff Oddie Shoupe.
    Thank You,
    XXX,

Bubba,

Do me a favor. Collect and post all of your city council and county officals contact information. Including e-mails, telephone and fax numbers. That way, we can start helping you in your efforts.

Thanks,
    Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

To Dixie: Thanks for your offer. Already have a bite

Mr. C.,

I would like to thank you for your letter. I too am very concerned in the path this country has taken. We are a melting pot for the world , however we seem to be OUT OF CONTROL. I promise you I will research this and see what can be done on the local level.

Sincerely,

Jerry Denton
    White County 5th District Commissioner

Jerry:
    Thanks for being the first County Commissioner to respond to my letter appealing for White County officials to act now to protect our citizens of the negative repercussions of allowing illegal aliens to reside or work in our county. You are probably aware of the actions of the U.S, Senate passing S2611, a bill allowing the illegal aliens an easy path to anmesty and citizenship. It also has many other provisions that will cost taxpayers billions of dollars. Another provision in this bill calls for allowing the importation of one million plus high tech jobs. Another attempt to eliminate the middle class in America. Thank goodness the House saw the intent of S2611 and passed House bill HR4437, requiring that the existing laws on record relating to immigration be enforced. It is a travesty that we have the laws on record to protect us, but the Bush administration refuses to enforce them.
    I Have received an email from Congressman Davis and he is strongly against granting any kind of anmesty to illegal aliens. I will include it later. I have also prepared another copy of my letter to be sent to the Editor of The Sparta Enquisitor, hoping that the message gets out to the general public. There are many, many Americans mad at this do nothing Congress on many matters, one of which is immigration. Thanks again for responding. If and when this matter should come out in a public discourse, I would greatly appreciate being notified of the date and time. I am a member of an active organization dealing primarily with immigration issues. You may find useful information by scouring through our website at http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=Forums . Also Lou Dobbs on CNN each weeknight from 5pm to 6pm stays on top of our cause and other important issues.
    Sincerely,
    C

August 31, 2006

Dear C:

Thank you for your recent letter concerning S. 2611, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006 as introduced by Senator Arlen Specter (R-PA). I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.
    In your letter you mention existing rumors that S. 2611 "is alive and being ratified with the House." While the Senate did pass S. 2611 by a vote of 62-36, the House passed a very different version, known as H.R. 4437. It is my understanding that these two bills have very little chance of coming to a meaningful conference because the House position is unwilling to budge, a position I strongly support as an original cosponsor of H.R. 4437. Like you, I support the unwavering position of border security and enforcement and I will not support any bill that contradicts that notion. Americans are outraged by our nation's immigration policies and lack of enforcement and I share those views. It is my hope that the Republican Majority will not allow any bills that ease immigration policy to move through the Congress. For my part, I will continue to be vocal in my staunch opposition.
    Again, thank you for your letter. My door is always open.
    Sincerely,

Lincoln Davis
    Member of Congress

Honorable Lincoln Davis
    Congressman, TN; District 4

410 Cannon House Office Building
    Washington, D.C. 20515

Dear Congressman Davis:

First of all let me thank you for taking the time to respond to my email regarding the rumor of Senator Smith of Oregon stating that S2611 was alive and being ratified with the House. You donít know how encouraging it is to know that you, and I hope, the remainder of the House that voted for HR4437 still feel as strongly opposed to the senate bill S2611 now. As I stated before we, the middle class Americans, know whom the majority of Senate Republicans and to a lesser degree Democrats serve. Not their constituents but Co-operative America.

Since we canít depend on federal authorities in this fight to save the Middle class Americans from extinction. This letter is to inform you that I have appealed to the authorities of Sparta and White County to pass laws and ordinances that will place stiff fines on anyone who rents to an illegal alien and to place stiff penalties and possibly jail time on any employer who willfully employs illegal aliens. I believe that federal law prohibits an untrained local law enforcement official from arresting these illegal aliens. Are there any government funds available to train these officers if they ask? I would like for the officials here in White County to get in on the front end so they will be prepared when the situation arises. Of course they will have to want to become involved. Below is a letter I sent to White County Executive Herd Sullivan and copies to each county commissioner, Sheriff and Police Chief. Any additional suggestions you might have or help given will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

X

Herd Sullivan

County Executive; White County

1 East Brockman Way

Sparta, TN 38583-2049
    You Know the rest.

Here is all the information I have on our 14 County Commissioners. I feel as though not to appear too intrusive, you should send letters or a flyer of some kind leading them to ALIPAC's website.
    NAME: Address:
    Terry Alley 119 Hampton Dr., Sparta, 38583
    W.A. Alley 1933 Blue Springs Rd.,Sparta
    Jerry Austin 3377 Old Bon Air Rd., Sparta
    Wallace Austin 230 Windsor Dr., Sparta waustin@blomand.net
    Betty S. Bohannon, 8282 Crossville Hwy.,Sparta
    Marion Bumbalough, 2752 Franks Ferry Rd., Sparta
    Hank Clark, 645 Betty Lane, Sparta
    Jerry Denton, 10189 McMinnville Hwy., Quebeck, 38579, fbmanor@blomand.net
    Joe B. England, 175 England Cir., Sparta
    Dewayne Howard, 3810 Cedar Creek Road, Walling, 38587
    Richard Lane, 149 Central Cir., Sparta
    B.K. Luna, 151 Clay Holman Rd.,Sparta
    Bruce Null, 17566, Old Kentucky Rd., Walling, 38587
    Denny W. Robinson, 206 N. Spring, Sparta

Thanks Bubba!

If I have time, I will look for more information. Keep writing!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)