Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I have sent letters to all above. Hope it does some good. Will post replies from all I get.
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

WELL GET A WHIFF OF THIS PEOPLE. TALK ABOUT GIVING A PERSON THE BRUSH-OFF
    I am only responding to emails from Carpentersville residents.

Thank you

Bill Sarto
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

LET'S GET BILL!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

I'm going to tivo my local news channels tonight and see if they cover the discussion meeting tonight. Did you read the excellent articles in the news section? People are bussing in from Chicago, Minutemen coming... Someone said they have been getting lots of positive email, as far as New York -I bet many from us!!

I'll report later.

I have literally prayed that they pass this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We have a new person who posted the latest news:
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 71&start=0
    Carpentersville ordinances target illegal immigrants
    Proposal would make English village's official language
    By Theresa Gutierrez
    October 3, 2006 (Last Updated: 10:06 PM) - In Carpentersville, a public meeting to discuss a proposed immigration ordinance had to be cancelled because too many people showed up.

Related Links
    Watch the Video
    One of the proposed ordinances would punish businesses and landlords who knowingly hire or rent to undocumented immigrants. It would fine landlords $1,000 for renting property to illegal immigrants plus an additional fine for every day a tenant stays.

Carpentersville officials claim the town's population is almost half Hispanic, with Latinos representing at least 40 percent of the town. Village trustee Judy Sigwalt is in favor of the ordinance.

"When you have four or five families living in a single family home, only one family is paying towards property tax, and the other three or four families are not. The rest of the people who are paying property tax, we have to pick up the slack," said Sigwalt.

Village board trustee president Bill Sarto is opposed to the ordinance and believes it targets Hispanics.

"It would automatically just cause them to profile Hispanics in the community. We have a 40 percent Hispanic population. I would estimate half of those people are here legally. I think that is a terrible burden to put on our landlords. I think it's a terrible burden to put on our business owners, and I think, frankly, it would cause new business to really think twice before coming to Carpentersville," said Sarto

A huge crowd of at least several hundred turned out-- far too many to be admitted to the meeting. So it was cancelled because officials felt they would violate the state's open meeting law if people were kept out.

"This ordinance that they want to pass, it's ridiculous. I think that it's racist. I mean, the way I look at it, it's discriminatory," said Sandro Rodriguez, Mexican Cultural Civic Organization.

The ordinance would also make English the official language of Carpentersville.

"Studies have shown that it helps assimilate people into society and people into culture," said Judy Sigwalt, Carpentersville trustee.

"It is pretty ironic, because the federal government has not made English the official language of our country," said Bill Sarto, board trustee president.

Officials said they would find a venue large enough for everyone who wants to participate.

ABC7 News Team

Theresa Gutierrez, General Assignment Reporter, ABC 7 News and Host of " Beat"

RELATED: Theresa's BIO
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm getting mixed up. Well, here is the news link to the story above:
    http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sectio ... id=4625423
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Good luck in Carpentersville (such and American name!)

Letters sent to all.

I live in Hoffman Estates, and I heard the local NPR station cover the Carpentersville story this morning. The segment seemed to contain the same information that was included above, with the exception of an interview with an illegal who has lived here for fifteen years. He still doesn't speak English apparently - the station used a translator to explain that he just wants to work here.

He refused to give his name though - to me that means organizations are indeed making a difference.

I wish there was an email list for Chicagoland residents. I would have attended the Carpentersville meeting last night if I had known about. I never seem to hear about the rallies until they're over.

I don't check this site everyday. Although it is easy to mock the reponse you received, what is the intelligent response to the threat of the village losing it's health insurance, federal funding, blah blah blah?

Edited to add: The interview also included a sound bite from the woman who is sponsering the bill. She was seemingly encouraged by the fact that she had received letters of encouragement from all over the country. So, if you're thinking about writing one, please do! It really seemed to mean A LOT to that woman. I am sorry I did not get more details - I was half-asleep.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

I've added news about this effort to the homepage with a link requesting help here in this thread.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=N ... e&sid=1556
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

She was seemingly encouraged by the fact that she had received letters of encouragement from all over the country. So, if you're thinking about writing one, please do! It really seemed to mean A LOT to that woman.
    I am almost certain that would be would Judy Sigwalt. She is the only one has that has replied to my emails so far, with a "thank you for your support" note.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast