Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Escondido, CA Focus Campaign Reopened*

Updated: March 9, 2007

Escondido, California considers regulating day labor sites. Also, councilwoman will re-draft the rental ordinances and submit it to the city council for approval. attorney

***ReOpened***

Synopsis:

Councilwoman Marie Waldron has said that she wants to combat overcrowding in city housing by adopting an ordinance that would prohibit illegal immigrants from renting property in Escondido.
    ESCONDIDO ---- When a City Council majority voted last month(Aug. 2006) to draft an ordinance banning illegal immigrants from renting in the city...
    October 4th
    the council is scheduled to consider an ordinance designed to attack illegal immigration head-on by fining landlords who rent to undocumented immigrants.
    The ordinance, passed by a 3-2 margin, goes back to the council on Oct. 18 for a final vote and would take effect 30 days later.

Oct. 18, final vote. Ordinance Passed!!!!!

Nov. 16 Court and Settlement.

Jan. 14th
    Now, some council members say they not only hope to rewrite and bring back that ordinance, but are considering a law regulating the hiring of day laborers similar to a legally embattled ordinance passed in Vista last year.

Activist Instructions:

We need ALIPAC Activists to make calls, send letters, faxes, and e-mails to all members of the Escondido Council asking them to please pass the ordinances to prevent illegal aliens from city employment and rental properties. You may want to share with them some articles about what other cities are doing and some of the problems and public attitudes (polls) about illegal immigration.

Examples:

Dear Councilman _________:

I am calling/writing today to ask you to please follow the lead of Hazelton, PA and pass strict immigration enforcement measures in Escondido as soon as possible. The federal government is not adequately securing our border or enforcing our existing immigration laws. I feel it is incumbent upon our states and cities to take action to protect communities from illegal immigration. Illegal immigration has many negative repercussions for our communities including depressed wages, increased health care costs, increased costs to taxpayers, increased crime, infectious diseases, and lost American jobs.

I hope you will stand with the vast majority of Americans that want our laws enforced and our communities and tax dollars protected from illegal aliens.

Please pass these ordinances as soon as possible. A majority of your constituents support this effort.

Thank You,

Contact Information:
    http://www.ci.escondido.ca.us/
    City of Escondido
    201 North Broadway
    Escondido, CA 92025

City Council regular meetings are on the first four Wednesdays of every month at 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m

Lori Holt Pfeiler, Mayor
    Email: lpfeiler@escondido.org

City Mayor's Office: (760) 839-4610

City Council's Office: (760) 839-4638

Sam Abed, Mayor Pro Tem
    Email: sabed@escondido.org

Ed Gallo, Council Member Supports the Ordinance
    Email: egallo@escondido.org

Marie Waldron, Council Member Proposed the Ordinance
    Email: mwaldron@escondido.org

Dick Daniels, Council Member
    Email: ddaniels@escondido.org

News Articles:

How Escondido, ICE will target criminal illegal immigrants

Police policy targets criminal illegal immigrants, but could affect all

Escondido police chief against immigration officers at checkpoints

No Border Patrol at checkpoints

Escondido day-laborer law a possibility

Escondido Adopts Resolution Opposing Illegal Immigration

Illegal immigration issue back on Escondido council agenda

Escondido council to vote on immigration resolution

Council members say immigration fight not over

Escondido police working on immigration issues

Oct. 18, 2006 - Escondido gives final approval to illegal immigrant rental ban

Oct. 17, 2006 - Report: City To Weigh Immigrant Rental Ban, TV English Classes

Escondido rental ban violators may be difficult to document

Escondido rental ban doesn't add up

Landlord ordinance draws more than 300 foes to vigil

Escondico council to vote on proposal to punish landlords

Escondido City Councilman Accused Of Hiring Undocumented Workers

Escondido Expected To Pass Anti-Illegal Immigrant Law

Escondido being driven to distraction

Housing ordinance major topic in Escondido council race

Law against renting to illegal migrants ready for Escondido

Escondido council meeting heats up over illegal immigration

Official's Store Vandalized After Controversial Proposal

Different cities, one mindset

Local illegal immigration laws draw a diverse group of cities
    'Grupo' resists housing law in Escondido, CA

Proposed ban on renting to illegal immigrants to draw activists pro and con

Escondido immigrant proposal slammed

Is Escondido the new anti-immigration idol?

Escondido City Councilwoman wants ban on renting to illegals

Plan Would Outlaw Renting To Illegal Immigrants

Leaders need to face immigration truth

Mostly Latino neighborhood in Escondido is full of poverty

Focus Campaigns Status:

Launched 8/29/2006
    ACTIVE
    Completed Date:
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sent letters to all on this list.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

JAK
    Letters to everyone on the above list.

Form letter used.

Will post any reply.

Thank you for your e-mail and your support, the ordinance to stop
    renting to illegals is coming before the council on September 27

Sam Abed
    Councilmember
    City of Escondido
    Tel.: 760-839-4638
    sabed@escondido.org
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California or ground zero of the invasion
    It appears Escondido is heating up according to the latest articles. They plan on voting on the ordinance next week.

Escondido council meeting heats up over illegal immigration
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=223480

Official's Store Vandalized After Controversial Proposal
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=42506

I'm writing a letter!

This could be a close one! I don't know the Mayor's position.

Gallo and Abed seem to be with Waldron who proposed the ordinance.

Newman is against the ordinance.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My letter to Councilwoman Waldron.
    Dear councilwoman, Waldron
    I am writing you today to commend you leadership qualities for stepping forward to protect tax paying citizens of your city.I hope this new ordinance you are wanting to adopt that would combat overcrowding of your city by preventing illegal immigrants from renting property in Escondido passes.. I can only hope your fellow council men and women and your Mayor will follow your lead and vote yes for this ordinance.
    Cities across America are stepping forward and doing the same as you are doing for their own tax paying citizens.Cities like Hazelton PA and Herndon VA, who are fighting the pro-illegal activist trying to label them as racist for daring to protect their citizens. Because of your leadership, and the leadership of others like you, other cities and towns will follow your lead to protect their own cities.
    Thank you, for a job well done, I will be watching to see if this ordinance does pass.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

My email to the Mayor of Escondido.

Dear Mayor,Pfelier,
    I am writing to implore you to please vote yes for the city ordinance that would prevent illegal immigrants from renting property in your city. As you will know Mayor Pfelier, cities are becoming over burdened by health care, food stamp, and the cost of subsidizing housing for illegal immigrants all across this country, in order that greedy companies and businesses might have cheap labor. Not to mention the competition between our own young adults and teen agers in the entry level for those jobs. More and more employers are choosing the illegal immigrants instead of citizens of our own country to fill those jobs in order to pay them less and make huge profits.
    I am asking you Mayor, to please follow the steps of other cities such as Hazelton PA and Herndon VA , and vote yes to this ordinance and prove to your constituents , your first priority is to those who voted you into office and not to illegal immigrants who are breaking our laws by being here in the first place. The eyes of the country will be focused on the city of Escondido to see if their leaders have the integrity to do as they must do and that is to protect their citizens
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Dear Council Member,

Please pass the ordinance proposed by council member Marie Waldron, banning illegal aliens from renting property in Escondido. It's a small step the city can make in supporting federal laws.

Also, the ACLU has outlived it's usefulness in America but it is going to linger long enough to inflict some more unnecessary lawsuits on America. It will be worth it because when the money runs out, the ACLU will be dissolved. Majority rules and I'm intolerant of their legal intimidation and manipulation.

Thank You,

My letter to Councilwoman Marie Waldron. Will send similar ones to the rest of the board including the mayor.

Dear Councilwoman Waldron,

I have been reading for weeks how you, and others, are trying to pass ordinances for your city and had to send my good wishes and express my respect for as you try to protect the city of Escondido. I applaud and admire you for attempting to take measures to preserve Escondido’s sanctity and safety.

Most of us are aware how our federal government has failed this country miserably so it is not surprising many cities across the nation are doing what they can by passing similar ordinances.

I also want to express my outrage of how your personal business has been vandalized four times. Just proves what politicians like you, who are just trying to protect their communities, are up against. I am sorry you have had to endure such treatment. Please stay strong and know many people support and appreciate your efforts.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

nitty and jean,

Well done! Thanks for the help!

Dixie

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast