Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maryland (2010)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Find out what Marylanders are paying for illegals

"Maryland’s illegal immigrant population costs the state’s taxpayers more than $1.4 billion per year for education,medical care and incarceration. The annual fiscal burden amounts to about $790 per Maryland household headed by a native-born resident."

The US Congress will give you a lousy tax cut of $300 to bolster the economy--just think what the economy would do if you had this back!
    Last edited by Jean; 07-20-2013 at 10:21 PM.
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

Well I wrote to every candidate but one in my country asking then in a neutral manner what their position was on illegal immigration. Not one wrote back in more than a month. The one I didn't write supports working with feds to 287(g), and he will get my vote.
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

Received a response from Ehrlich campaign asking to resend my comments, evidently there was some sort of glitch, so here is my reply:

Dear Mr. Ehrlich,

The Federation for American Immigration Reform has estimated that, "Maryland’s illegal immigrant population costs the state’s taxpayers more than $1.4 billion per year for education, medical care and incarceration. The annual fiscal burden amounts to about $790 per Maryland household headed by a native-born resident." In addition, about 15% of money earned for those that work goes out of the state and country, thus not contributing our local economy. If taxpayers had half of that money back, it would certainly help our state.

I recommend the book, "The Immorality of Illegal Immigration" by Father Bascio. This is a Christian analysis of illegal immigration, the effect on our country, the illegals' families, their children, our security, and the countries that encourage illegal immigration to the US. To get an idea of how illegal immigration hurts the black community, see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yS_RiH6 ... ure=search Father Bascio has other interviews on YouTube that address other issues related to illegal aliens.

There is an attitude that those of us who oppose the "path to citizenship" and enforcement of our laws for illegal aliens are racist, but this name-calling obscures the real issues, which are economic, safety, and rule of law. Blacks understand how they are losing employment to illegal aliens. PG, my county, is majority black, yet recently near my home, I saw men working on the road and an ARRA sign saying my tax dollars at work. There was a white man in charge and all the rest were clearly Spanish speakers--not one was black. How did that happen?

Those who think they are being kind in helping illegals come here are misguided and believe that opposition must come from racist attitudes. But, when Irish came over in there was tension. too. Irish are European, and no one thinks that was racism. No, the tension then was economic as so much of it is now. But in these times, there are other concerns such as security. We must ensure human rights for all, but civil rights are for citizens.

I am a Democrat and have given up on my party for this issue. I hope that Republicans understand and speak to the immorality of the approach the United States and the several states, particularly Maryland and other sanctuary states, have been taking. This approach is harming our country--not because of the ethnicity or races of people who come here illegally. Making that case would go a long way to clearing up the confusion and name-calling that surrounds this issue.

We say we are a country of laws, but the rule of law only survives if it lives within the hearts of the citizenry. Encouraging illegal immigration itself is destructive of holding that value in our hearts. Please support, 2187g.

Sincerely yours,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12