Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Scott Tipton (R) Colorado 3rd District (running against John Salazar) - GO
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

In VA:

Waiting replies from Rep Tom Davis 8th district and Sen George Allen.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

All Colorado candidates - waiting reply
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Dixie,

How far did you go on the Pennsylvania list. I will be here today and will either finish it or start on another State.

District 2:
    Terry Everett (R)

Active Candidates:

* Chuck James (D)
    Retired Army Officer & '04 Nominee
    __________________________________________________ _________

Representative Terry Everett (AL)

I spoke with his office in Mongomery. Super nice guy strait talking, I asked what Congressman Everett's stance was in illegal immigration, he said he was very against it, he would support the strongest enforcement bill purposed and finishing up I asked so he would be in favor of stay or go he chuckled and said GO. I gave him ALIPAC's web address. A+++++

Voting Record
    09/21/2006 Immigration Law Enforcement Act of 2006 Y
    09/14/2006 Secure Fence Act of 2006 Y
    12/16/2005 Border Security bill Y
    02/10/2005 Real ID Act of 2005 Y
    05/18/2004 Undocumented Alien Emergency Medical Assistance Y
    09/24/1998 Nonimmigrant Specialty Workers bill Y
    09/29/1997 Continuing Appropriations N
    09/25/1996 Immigration Reform bill Y
    03/21/1996 Immigration Reform bill Y
    03/20/1996 Immigrant Public Assistance Amendment N
    03/20/1996 Denying Public Education to Illegal Immigrants Amendmen Y
    03/20/1996 Immigrant English Proficiency Amendment Y

__________________________________________________ __________

his candidate is hard to get a hold of. Judging by his answers on votesmart, Stay...

Mr. Charles 'Chuck' D James Sr (D)

ndicate which principles you support (if any) regarding immigration.
    a) Decrease the number of legal immigrants allowed into the country.
    X b) Establish English as the official national language.
    X c) Support a temporary worker program that would enable illegal immigrants to work in the United States legally.
    d) Relax restrictions barring legal immigrants from using government funded social programs (e.g. public housing, food stamps).
    e) Support amnesty for illegal immigrants already working in the United States.
    Open Response f) Other or expanded principlesDistrict 4:
    District 3:
    Mike Rogers (R) | Campaign Site

Active Candidates:

* Greg Pierce (D)
    Businessman & Army Veteran
    * Mark Edwin Layfield (Ind)
    Realestate Broker, ex-Commercial Instructor Pilot, Naval Veteran

Representative Mike Rogers (AL) (R)
    Spoke with his office in DC. He was in support of the House bill. Stay or Go, answer go home first then come back legally.
    Voting record at votesmart.

09/21/2006 Immigration Law Enforcement Act of 2006 Y
    09/14/2006 Secure Fence Act of 2006 Y
    12/16/2005 Border Security bill Y
    02/10/2005 Real ID Act of 2005 Y
    05/18/2004 Undocumented Alien Emergency Medical Assistance Y
    Greg Pierce- Democratic Candidate For 3rd Congressional District, Alabama

Spoke with Mr. Pierce. Go and come back legally with employer sponsorship. If you are caught here illegally, you may never apply for citizenship.

From his website

Among many issues, I will fight for Alabama workers to defeat "free trade" deals that continue to send jobs out of our state and our country. I will fight for our troops, forced to pay for their own body armor, and I will fight for our seniors against prescription drug plans like Medicare Part D which is forcing many to pay more for their medicines.

Changing the Congress this fall is crucial for all of us. This is not just "my campaign." This campaign is OUR campaign. I need you to join me in this fight. Spread the word to your friends and family. Ask them to join our campaign for a better future for the people of the 3rd District, Alabama and all of America.

Legal Immigration

I believe that every person who comes to our country should do so LEGALLY, no "ifs", "ands" or "buts". Anything less makes a mockery of our immigration laws. What is key to stopping this problem is cracking down on employers who hire undocumented workers. In addition to other costs to our country, this practice has served to drive down wages for Americans in fields like construction, for example.

There's a lot of bravado and bluster from some in Washington who hope to dupe the American people on this issue to get themselves re-elected, while they give a wink and a nod to companies that continue to break the law.

Spending $5 Billion to build a 700-mile fence along a 2,300 mile border just doesn't make sense, but it does fit neatly into the familiar pattern/scheme of making certain contractors rich at the expense of U.S. taxpayers.

We should instead increase for funding for the technology and manpower to patrol our borders. At the same time, there must be real and substantial penalties for employers that are found to be employing undocumented workers to begin to really solve this issue; anything less is empty rhetoric.

__________________________________________________ ________
    Mr. Mark Edwin Layfield (AL) (I)

GO....I didn't have to call he makes it quite clear on his website.

http://www.layfieldforcongress.com/

Layfield is the Independent Candidate for Congress. Layfield's Republican Opponent wants to cut and run from the American Border with Mexico, where we are loosing the War against the illegal aliens on our own Border and surrender America to the illegal aliens then give Citizenship,Work Permits and our jobs to them, under a Guest-Worker Program proposed by Mr. Bush. Layfield's Republican Opponent voted for Free-Trade Legislation in Congress, voted to keep the troops in the Iraq Civil War and never proposed legislation to repeal any of the Anti-Gun Laws. The Democratic Party wants to do the same thing the Republican Opponent wants to do, as to the twenty million illegal aliens.

Layfield's Four Fundamentals

1. Repeal Free-Trade, which sends our jobs and industry to Communist China.

2. Re-deploy all of the Troops out of the Iraq Civil War to the Mexican Border, for Illegal Alien
    Deportion Duty.

3. Pass Legislation to make it legal for all Law Enforcement, Military and Naval Forces to identify,
    arrest and deport all of the illegal aliens.

4. Pass Legislation to repeal all of the Laws that resulted from any Anti-Gun Legislation
    passed in Congress in the last thirty years, which criminalizes the possession of ordinary rifles
    and pistols and their reasonable use in self-defense and in defense of home and family.

From Votesmart
    Immigration Issues
    (Back to top)
    Indicate which principles you support (if any) regarding immigration.
    a) Decrease the number of legal immigrants allowed into the country.
    b) Establish English as the official national language.
    c) Support a temporary worker program that would enable illegal immigrants to work in the United States legally.
    d) Relax restrictions barring legal immigrants from using government funded social programs (e.g. public housing, food stamps).
    e) Support amnesty for illegal immigrants already working in the United States.
    Open Response f) Other or expanded principles
    Pass Legislation, to make it legal for all Law Enforcement, Military and Naval Forces to identify, arrest and deport the illegal aliens. Make immigration quotas equal for all countries, instead of discriminatory against European Countries, which resulted from the enactment of the 1965 Immigration and Reform Act. Revoke any amnesty for citizenship given in the last thirty years to illegal aliens.

__________________________________________________ ________

District 4:
    Robert Aderholt (R) | Campaign Site

Active Candidates:

* Barbara Bobo (D)
    Newspaper Publisher
    __________________________________________________ _______
    Robert Aderholt (R)
    http://aderholt.house.gov/

Spoke with his office in Decatur. He is in favor of the Pence plan.I asked if they should stay or go, again, go and come back legally. GO

_ My Record on Immigration Reform

“Amnesty should not be granted to those who are here illegally”

“We are a nation of laws and we would send the wrong message if we were to give blanket amnesty to illegal immigrants.”

H.R. 418, the REAL ID Act of 2005

The REAL ID Act (H.R. 41, contains vital border security and terrorism prevention provisions. These provisions were originally passed by the House last fall in the 9/11 Recommendations Implementations Act (H.R.10) but not included in the final version of the bill. H.R. 418 passed the House with my support by a vote of 261 – 161 and was added to H.R. 1268, the Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2005 which was signed into law on May 11, 2005.

To view the legislation click here.

H. R. 4437 Border Protection, Anti-Terrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005

* Mandates the construction of a 700 mile long security fence at the five most heavily trafficked parts of the southwest border to gain operational control of the border. In Texas, this includes El Paso, Del Rio to Eagle Pass, and Laredo to Brownsville
    * Combats the hiring of illegal workers by providing all employers with a reliable method of determining whether or not employees are legally eligible to work in the U.S. This will cut down on the incentive for illegal immigration.
    * For the first time, illegal entry and illegal presence will be considered a felony.
    * Ends the Border Patrol policy of "catch and release" where Other Than Mexican aliens (OTMs) who are caught illegally entering the country are released on their own recognizance to return at a later date for a deportation hearing. In the last year over 120,000 OTMs were caught and released into the U.S. More than 70% of OTMs released never show up for court. Illegal entry by OTMs has more than tripled in the last year, and the majority of OTMs enter the country through South Texas.
    * Provides $100 million for sheriffs along the southern border to combat drug and human trafficking.
    * Cracks down on alien street gangs such as MS-13.
    * Bars aliens who are terrorists from becoming U.S. citizens.
    * Authorizes an additional 1,000 Customs and Border Protection inspectors and the training of an additional 1,500 K9 units.
    * Provides secure two-way communication devices for border law enforcement officials. These officials currently lack secure communications devices.
    * Requires a joint DHS/DoD strategy to provide Border Patrol agents with military support to increase surveillance and provide intelligence along the border.

On December 16, 2005, H.R. 4437 passed the House, with my support by a vote of 239 – 132. The bill is now being considered by the Senate. Some of the proposed amendments include a “guest worker program” or a “path to citizenship.” I consider these proposals amnesty programs that reward illegal behavior. As a nation of laws, we cannot tolerate the willful, pervasive violation of our borders and our laws.

To view the legislation click here.

H.R. 698 The Citizenship Reform Act of 2005

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) (8 U.S.C. 1401) Section 301 grants American citizenship to anyone born on American soil regardless of the status of the parents. To remedy this, I joined my colleagues as a cosponsor of H.R. 698 that would limit US citizenship to children born to at least one parent who is a U.S. citizen or legal immigrant.

To view this legislation click here.

H.R. 997, the English Language Unity Act of 2005

This bill was introduced by Representative Steve King (R-IA) on March 1, 2005 and it was referred to the House Judiciary Committee. I joined Mr. King and my other colleagues to cosponsor this measure that would establish English as the official language of the United States. The bill would require the federal government to conduct business in English, but would not put restrictions on languages spoken or on the private sector. There are over 6,000 languages spoken throughout the world, and in the United States there are at least 28 different dominant languages (those spoken by at least 100,000 people). The English Language Unity Act helps immigrants by encouraging them to learn English.

To view this legislation click here.

H.R. 4032, a bill to amend the Immigration and Nationality Act to remove the discretion of the Secretary of Homeland Security with respect to expedited removal

H.R. 4032 was introduced by Representative John Doolittle (R-CA) on October 7, 2005 and it was referred to the House Judiciary and Financial Services Committees. On October 20, 2005, I decided to cosponsor this bill because it closes a couple of loopholes that illegal immigrants exploit in order to remain in the U.S. illegally.

* Amends the Immigration and Nationality Act to eliminate the Secretary of Homeland Security's discretionary authority to order expedited removal, except that if the Secretary determines after consulting with appropriate federal, state, or local law enforcement agencies that the alien will be detained under the authority of such an agency, the Secretary may not remove the alien until such detention terminates.
    * Amends the Truth in Lending Act to prohibit residential mortgages for aliens residing unlawfully in the United States.
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Barbara Bobo (AL) (D)
    I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT THIS AFTERNOON. WILL FINISH UP LATER.

Vmama
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

I passed PA on to Darlene.

I'll take Ohio.

Deborah Pryce Dist 15 Go
    signed George Rasley

Craig Foltin Dist 13 Stay

Mayor Foltin favors the plan by the administration on the issue of immigration. He does not favor a punitive approach but would like to see immigrants take a legal route to citizenship.

Some industries including agriculture depend on immigrant labor. But those laborers need to be documented workers and if they with to stay in the United States should work toward getting their citizenship papers. If they do not, then they should return to their home countries.

He does not favor blanket amnesty.

Lindsey N. String Dist 11 GO

Thank you for writing. I am Lindsey and my response is Go . If you're illegal your illegal. I don't think we should round them up or promote a big hunt but if someone screws up who doesn't belong here -- they got to go !!

Lindsey

Bill Conner Dist 7 Go

They must be registered/documented, employed, receive minimum wage or better, their burdon on our society (particularly health care) covered
    by their employer. Other than that go.
    Bill Conner

Joy Padgett District 18 GO
    Joy supports a catch and deport program, not a catch and release program that exists now. The current laws are meaningless if they are not enforced. She supports giving local law enforcement the authority to detain illegal immigrants for breaking the law. She will push to secure our border through increased security, including using military. Joy will vote to deny federal benefits such as Social Security and Medicare to illegal immigrants, and she absolutely opposes ANY type of amnesty.

Kindest regards,
    Lindsay Shuba
    Campaign Manager
    Joy Padgett for Congress
    www.joypadgett.com

Mike Dovilla 10th Congressional District of Ohio - STAY

Thank you for contacting my campaign with your inquiry about my position on immigration. Here is my position on this issue, which appears in my platform, The Dovilla Plan for Northeast Ohio:

ó ENACT A COMPREHENSIVE ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION PREVENTION LAW

As the grandson of immigrants from Italy, Ireland, and Germany, Mike Dovilla believes we are a nation of immigrants – and a nation of laws. America’s laws should be treated like laws, not guidelines to be followed or ignored depending on one’s choice. Illegal immigration not only tramples the tradition of our ancestors who, in pursuit of the American Dream, immigrated legally to the United States; it represents a threat to homeland security and economic security for all Americans. Our nation cannot afford overcrowding of our schools, emergency room chaos in our hospitals, increases in our taxes, and crime in our communities. Illegal immigration is a comprehensive problem that requires a comprehensive solution rooted in prevention, protection, accountability, and compassion.

With regard to your specific question, I oppose amnesty and believe any solution to the immigration problem that would grant immediate or even delayed citizenship to those who have broken the law is wrong. The federal government has failed us by not enforcing our current immigration laws, including the so-called reforms Congress enacted 20 years ago. The government has not held businesses accountable for hiring illegal immigrants, and our borders remain frightfully porous due in part to an understaffed Border Patrol. With more than 12 million estimated undocumented, illegal aliens now inside the United States, it is impractical to think the government would ever attempt to round them all up and deport them. The fact is most of these individuals are not interested in citizenship anyway. They are simply looking for income to support their families outside the U.S. Therefore, if these individuals are going to stay here, we need to find a way to document them and get them paying into our tax system without granting them amnesty or citizenship. Those who want to become citizens should return to their countries of origin and get in line like everyone else who has immigrated legally to the United States during our nation’s history.

Thanks again for writing. I believe public officials should be accessible to their constituents, so please feel free to call me directly on my mobile phone (number below) if you wish to discuss these issues at greater length.

Sincerely,
    Mike Dovilla
    Republican Nominee

10th Congressional District of Ohio
    community@mikedovilla.com
    www.mikedovilla.com

Lew Katz 14th Dist. - STAY

Here is my position on immigration issues: 1) secure the borders so that we determine who comes into the country, and 2) do not create a guest worker program because the presence of undocumented workers drives wages down and discourages American citizens from competing for those jobs. If we really want to stop illegal immigration, we will make sure that employers hire only Americans and people with legitimate green cards. What to do about the people who are already in this country and have created families here is the difficult question. I hesitate to think what would happen if we really tried to deport all of the 11 million illegals. Assuming we could spend the tens of billions of dollars to track and deport 11 million people, are we prepared to tear families apart? Many of those people have been in this country for ten years, and have children who are American citizens; sending them all back would destroy families. We would be faced with millions of American citizens who would bear a deep grudge against America for deporting their parents. Do you think I am off base suggesting that those who have been here ten years, have paid taxes and not been convicted of crimes other than ordinary traffic offenses, should be allowed a path to citizenship? I am only the second generation born in this country and the first on my father's side. I don't know that many of the people I would grant citizenship to are so different from my grandparents and aunts and uncles. They were fiercely loyal American citizens and sent their sons to World War II (one died at Anzio, one was shot down over Germany, returning scarred but safe after Europe was liberated, and four others came back from the infantry, Army Air Corps and naval ship service in the South Pacific). My grandparents, my father, and my aunts and uncles were all legal immigrants to this country. They never considered themselves anything but Americans (in those days, people didn't hyphenate); they loved this country fiercly, and hated America's enemies. This is not an easy question. Those whose fate we are considering today did break the law by entering the country illegally. Lew Katz

Tom Shaw OH 16th Congressional District -
    Thank you for our interest in the upcoming election and your question regarding illegal aliens.

Immigration has become a hot button issue this year, due to the failure of this Congress and Administration to stem the tide of illegal immigration. Since the administration has attempted to paint immigration as a security issue rather than a labor issue, it has become even more blurry.

If it doesn't seem to be taking too much liberty, may I be so bold as to ask if you will be voting in the 16th District? I get many inquiries - some are just curious, but others are from voters in the district.

Thank You,
    Tom Shaw
    OH 16th Congressional District
    ~~~~~~~~
    Update:

Tom, I'm just curious from Texas.

~~~~~~~~

You folks have been living with the immigration issue a lot longer than the rest of us (well, my hometown of San Diego, like many of the border towns in Texas, also has a long history with legal and illegal immigration).

Although in Texas it is farily safe to assume the illegal immigrants come from Central America, in otehr parts of the USA, it can be more difficult to determine the country of origin of an illegal alien. One of the elements of this issue that is always overlooked is that deportation is not an easy matter - proving someone doesn't belong here might be fairly straightforward, but proving that person belongs somewhere else (whether it be Mexico or Bolivia or Honduras or El Salvador) and must be taken in by that country can be much more challenging.

Tom Shaw
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Do we have anyone in NC's 8th Congressional District ?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Has anyone started on NY yet? If not, I can take.

JAK
    Sorry, didn't notice someone already has Colorado.

Is there a list? Where can I help?

Ok...looks like Arkansas and Arizona are open...so I will take these.

If I am in error here ... please let me know or pm me.
    Thanks,
    Jak
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Almost finished with Pennsylvania!

This is me.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast