Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OH District 15, REPUBLICAN, Deborah Pryce for CONGRESS

Deborah Pryce Illegal Immigration Stances Republican Candidate Campaign Congress US House

Name of Candidate: Deborah Pryce

Name of Campaign Committee: Pryce for Congress

Mailing Address: 145 E. Rich St., Second Floor, Columbus, OH 43215

Phone Contact Information: George Rasley office 614-228-1994, cell 614-634-0722

Campaign E-mail and website: george.rasley@pryce4congresss.com www.pryce4congress.com

State and District: Ohio 15

Political Party: Republican

Is the candidate (Incumbent, Challenger, Open Seat): Incumbent

Incumbents only: What is your career grade at www.betterimmigration.com ? C+

Campaign Funds Raised as of most recent reporting cycle: $3.6 million ($2 million on hand)

This form completed by (Candidate and Campaign Managers Only):

Candidate Background Information

Top Campaign Issues: Keeping taxes low, national security, immigration, economic development and other local issues

Education, Awards & Honors: BA, Ohio State University, JD, Capital University Law School, House Republican Conference Chairman see www.pryce4congress.com for comprehensive list of awards and honors.

District Information

Please give a brief description of your district:

Percentage of Democrat, Republican, and Unaffiliated Voters: District Profile: Columbus was the scene of a highly successful registration and turnout drive by Democrats in '04. The 15th as a whole gave George W. Bush only a 50.3% majority.
    2004 Results: Deborah Pryce (R) defeated Mark Brown (D) by 60-40%

Survey Questions

(Please describe your feelings on the following with a number 1-10 or with the response Undecided (1=Strongly Disagree, 2-4=Disagree, 5=Neutral, 6-9 Agree, 10=Strongly Agree)

I believe illegal immigration can be reversed if we enforce our existing laws? (1-10) 10

As a member of Congress I will use the full force of my office to ensure the Executive Branch starts to enforce our existing immigration laws? (1-10) 10

Illegal Immigrants should be deported when detected in the interior of the US? (1-10) 10

Law abiding and legal American citizens should be required to accept biometric identification? (1-10) 1

I believe that local and state police should assist with immigration enforcement? (1-10) 10

Federal taxpayer funding to groups that support illegal immigration like La Raza should be stopped. (1-10) 10

I support "Comprehensive immigration reform" that would allow illegal aliens currently in the US to stay without fear of deportation as guest or temporary workers? (1-10) 1

Illegal aliens should be allowed to leave the US and return quickly on a fast track as guest or temporary workers? (1-10) 1

Illegal Immigrants should be allowed to attend state sponsored universities at in state tuition rates? (1-10) 1 !!!

Employers that intentionally hire illegal aliens should be fined and or arrested depending on the severity. (1-10) 10

English should be the national language of America. (1-10) 10

I support the SPP Security and Prosperity Partnership and Agreements that combine the economies of America, Mexico, and Canada. (1-10) 5 oppose any agreement that infringes US sovereignty, support fair and free trade

I believe the existing law that says aiding and abetting illegal aliens inside the US is a crime should be enforced? (1-10) 10

Banks should be allowed to continue giving taxpayer backed home mortgages to illegal aliens? (1-10) 1 !!!

Executive Branch orders to US Border Patrol to only "Catch and Release" illegal aliens at the border and not to speak to the media or Members of Congress should be rescinded? (1-10) 10

Congress should investigate why the Executive Branch of the United States is not enforcing our existing immigration laws, why all fines against employers had ceased by 2004, and why some actions of the Executive branch appear to be more in the interest of drug and human smugglers than the American public? (1-10) 10

Short Answer

Has your campaign addressed the topic of illegal immigration in speeches, commercials, ads, or campaign materials? What are those messages? (Please provide sources or examples)

I have made stopping illegal immigration an important part of my campaign, including doing 2 pieces of direct mail and taking a strong stand against the President’s proposal in the Columbus Dispatch’s survey, available at www.dispatch.com

What do you feel your opponent's stance on illegal immigration or immigration reform is or would be?

My opponent is the former President of the National Lawyers Guild, a radical liberal open borders organization and is the long time legal counsel to the Farm Labor Organizing Committee, an illegal immigrant advocacy organization.

In order to keep him in the US, my opponent represented an illegal alien who was convicted of a terrorism-related crime in Great Britain. He is still in the US today appealing his deportation order 10 years later, even though he plead guilty to a violent crime in the US and has failed to pay child support.

Have you been endorsed by or received contributions from any other immigration reform or illegal immigration reduction groups at this time? Not that we know of

Would you openly accept an endorsement and or contribution from ALIPAC?

We would like to have you come to Columbus Ohio for a news conference to announce the endorsement if given

Please use the remainder of this space to share any further opinions on these issues. (optional)

As House Republican Conference Chairman, and a Member of the House Republican leadership, I have typically supported President Bush’s agenda. However, I strongly believe his immigration proposal to be misguided and have strongly and publicly opposed it. I will continue to push for enforcing our existing laws, sealing our borders to stop the hemorrhage, deporting illegal aliens who are arrested and getting tough with employers who employ illegal aliens.

-------------------------------

Candidate Pledge

I, Deborah Pryce, hereby pledge to stand with the American public to have the US Border secured and existing immigration laws enforced with the intention of reducing the number of illegal aliens entering and remaining in the US. I understand that the vast majority of Americans want the border secured, taxpayer benefits for illegal aliens ended, local police helping to enforce immigration laws, and employers that hire, aid, and abet illegal aliens to be charged.

Furthermore, I will not support any trade agreement or Executive Branch treaty that compromises our ability to enforce our existing immigration laws and threatens US sovereignty.

I will actively oppose any attempt to remove or replace the current laws that say illegal aliens are to be deported with a guest worker or temporary worker program that allows illegal aliens to stay or quickly return to the US.

Signed,

Deborah Pryce
    Candidate Name

October 17, 2006
    Date
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Endorsed
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Americans for LEGAL Immigration PAC Endorses Deborah Pryce for Congress in Ohio

October 26, 2006

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

William Gheen of Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC)
    (866) 329-3999 or WilliamG@alipac.us

One of America's largest organizations fighting illegal immigration has endorsed Deborah Pryce for U.S. Congress.

"Deborah Pryce’s stances on comprehensive immigration enforcement are exactly what the American public is looking for in a candidate for Congress," said William Gheen of ALIPAC. "Almost every campaign says they are against Amnesty and for border security, but Deborah Pryce has shown by her actions that she wants our existing immigration laws strengthened and enforced."

The illegal immigration issue is now a part of campaigns in almost every state in America. Voters in many states list the issue as one of their top concerns. ALIPAC only endorses candidates that are against proposed Guest Worker programs.

"We only endorse candidates like Deborah Pryce who want the illegal aliens to leave and not stay in America." says William Gheen. "We only support candidates that are opposed to any change or lifting of our existing laws to allow illegal aliens to stay. Illegal aliens will start to leave America if we start enforcing our existing laws."

Deborah Pryce is the best choice for voters concerned about illegal immigration because she has a strong voting record for Border Control and Interior Enforcement according to www.betterimmigration.com Her responses to the ALIPAC 2006 Federal Candidate Survey indicate she believes illegal immigration can be reversed if we enforce our existing laws and that the Executive Branch must do more to enforce our immigration laws.

The Deborah Pryce Campaign has made it clear they will oppose any Guest Worker amnesty and will go to Washington DC with the message to the Executive Branch "Secure our border and enforce our existing immigration laws now!"

Americans for Legal Immigration is a one of the largest national organizations fighting illegal immigration. ALIPAC's goal is to help voters cut through the campaign rhetoric to find out which candidates are true to the American public on this issue. ALIPAC is a multi-ethnic organization that enjoys the support of many LEGAL immigrants. Supporters are organized in all 50 states. For more information, please visit www.alipac.us

###

Paid for by Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC)
    www.alipac.us
    Post Office Box 30966, Raleigh, NC 27622-0966
    Tel: (919) 787-6009 Toll Free: (866) 329-3999
    FEC ID: C00405878
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Please view and support ALIPAC's 2006 National Endorsements at...
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... age&pid=30