ALIPAC Endorsed Candidate for Congress

ALIPAC's 2010 Candidate Survey

Name of Candidate: Robert Broadus

Name of Campaign Committee: Broadus for Congress

Mailing Address: 6368 Coventry Way, #122, Clinton, MD 20735

Phone Contact Information: 301-789-3128

Campaign E-mail and website: robert@justiceandliberty.us www.justiceandliberty.us

State and District: MD-4

Political Party: Republican

Is the candidate (Incumbent, Challenger, Open Seat): Challenger

Incumbents only: What is your career grade at www.betterimmigration.com ?

Campaign Funds Raised as of most recent reporting cycle: Negligible (Less than $5,000)

This form completed by (Candidate and Campaign Managers Only): Robert Broadus

Candidate Background Information

Robert Broadus is a Military Veteran, a graduate of the Naval Academy, and a very concerned citizen and Maryland Resident. He believes that the government is limited by, and should always follow the U.S. Constitution, whether it is in matters of War and Peace, dealing with the Migration and Naturalization of person not from the United States, or the rights reserved specifically to the States and the People. The Constitution protects us from a tyrannical government, and Robert's goal is to restore and uphold the Constitution.

Top Campaign Issues:

a.. Uphold & Defend the Constitution against all Enemies
a.. Preserve Traditional Marriage & Religious Freedom
a.. Protect Parental Rights to make decisions for their Children
a.. Promote Safe, Legal Immigration by upholding the Laws
a.. Defend the Innocent & Save Human Life whenever possible

Additional priorities:

a.. Create Jobs & Wealth by encouraging Capitalism
a.. Uphold Faith & Family through Conservative Values
a.. Protect Property & Cashflow by ending the IRS
a.. Respect the Constitution: Republicans ended Slavery

Are the issues of illegal immigration and Amnesty addressed on your campaign website? If so, please provide us with a link.

Aside from my platform issues above, which can be found under the "On the Issues" link, my page is a running commentary on political events that happen as I am campaigning. Please take special note of my comments on the various cities boycotting Arizona's illegal immigration law on May 12, 2010 at www.justiceandliberty.us.

Education, Awards & Honors:

B.S. in Political Science, U.S. Naval Academy
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)

District Information

Please give a brief description of your district:

Maryland's 4th Congressional District is right outside Washington, D.C. and includes areas of Prince George's and Montgomery County. The district is heavily minority, with American-born Blacks forming the vast majority of the population, and has voted reliably Democratic in the past. While the district has always had a significant LEGAL immigrant population, the percentage of non-citizens is increasing as Maryland establishes itself as a "Sanctuary State" for illegal immigrants. However, the people of the 4th District are extremely faith-centered, and believe both in conservative values and capitalism when these issues are addressed outside of political party. The previous Congressman, Albert Wynn, was attacked by his successor, Donna Edwards, as being "too conservative," however Ms. Edwards has demonstrated she is far too liberal for her district, having become a member of the Congressional Progressive Caucus.

Percentage of Democrat, Republican, and Unaffiliated Voters:

The 4th District is approximately 75-80% Democrat, with about 20% Republican and the remainder being Unaffiliated or 3rd-party voters.

Survey Questions

(Please describe your feelings on the following with a number 1-10 or with the response Undecided (1=Strongly Disagree, 2-4=Disagree, 5=Neutral, 6-9 Agree, 10=Strongly Agree)

I support Arizona's new immigration law SB 1070? (1-10) 10

As a member of Congress I will use the full power of my office, including impeachment if necessary, to ensure the Executive Branch starts to enforce our existing border and immigration laws? (1-10) 10

Illegal Immigrants should be deported when detected in the interior of the US? (1-10) 10

I will oppose any form of Amnesty or path to citizenship for illegal immigrants currently in the US because allowing them to become voters would destroy future immigration enforcement efforts? (1-10) 10

I support Comprehensive Immigration ENFORCEMENT which will reverse illegal immigration in America? (1-10) 10

I oppose Obama's Comprehensive Immigration Reform Amnesty. (1-10) 10

I oppose Congressman Luis Gutierrez's Comprehensive Immigration Reform Amnesty bill H.R. 4321? (1-10) 10
Link: http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-994657.html#994657

I would have opposed John McCain and Ted Kennedy's Amnesty bill S. 1033 in 2005? (1-10) 10
Link: http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1085363.html#1085363

I oppose any non-emergency taxpayer benefits for illegal aliens, including welfare, food stamps, licenses, and in-state tuition subsidies? (1-10) 10

I believe that employers who intentionally hire illegal aliens should be heavilyfined. (1-10) 10

PLEDGE

If elected or re-elected to the US Congress, I will oppose any form of Amnesty or path to citizenship for illegal aliens, including Comprehensive Immigration Reform which would turn millions of illegal immigrants into voters thus destroying future borders of America. I will use the full power of my office, including impeachment if necessary, to insure the Executive Branch secures America's border immediately and begins to adequately enforce the existing immigration and border laws of the United States, which were enacted by Congress at the behest of America's citizenry. I understand that the failure of the Executive Branch to secure our borders and enforce existing immigration laws is depriving all Americans of a Republican form of government and depriving our states of protection from invasion as mandated by the US Constitution. I intend to use the power of Congress to immediately remedy this problem that is costing many Americans their jobs, wages, taxpayer resources, property, security, and sometimes their very lives.

So help me God,

(SIGN BY PLACING YOUR NAME HERE AND RETURNING THIS SURVEY AND PLEDGE)
Robert Broadus

ALIPAC Endorsed Candidate for Congress