Page 2 of 177 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by camilleinchicago
    Sen. Elizabeth Dole's office told me she is a probable NO yesterday. Can anyone confirm?
    I'll call and see if I can get confirmation.
    As soon as I get through, i'll post.

Probably need a few more people to confirm

I can't get through to Dole's office. An aide said she was against all amnesty yesterday though.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

I called yesterday and will continue for a little while this morning.

Go team go! Hooo-rah!

...Don't know about you, but I will call Durbin's office and let him know the strategy of attaching the DREAM Act (it's own legislation in it's own right) into such a large and important appropriations bill as a DoD - is a very sleazy approach. Let's bring it out as a separate entity and talk about it on it's own merits/demerits...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ok, I'm on it.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just called and left a message with one of Durbins aide. I was polite but the aide had no answers to anything I asked.

Can't get through to Boxer or Feinstein.
    Calling others.

April
    Quote Originally Posted by apropos
    I can't get through to Dole's office. An aide said she was against all amnesty yesterday though.
    Just called Dole's office and staffer told me that she is probably a no!

Quote Originally Posted by April
    Quote Originally Posted by apropos
    Just called Dole's office and staffer told me that she is probably a no!
    Just got through as well....same response as yours.

Couldn't get through to Durbin's office in DC (busy), but called local (Chicago) office instead (after 1 ring). Registered my displeasure that he would
    a). Re-introduce it and
    b). Sneak it into the DoD Appropriations bill too.

Called my senators (Wyden, Smith) yesterday. Got no real info out of them.
    But, Wyden is hopeless on immigration matters. Smith is probably a 50/50 bet - but he'll need more calls to help him make up his mind.

I'm calling others now...

OKAY I'M ON IT, LETS SHOW THEM WHAT AMERICANS ARE MADE OF AND THAT WE ARE SERIOUS! WE WANT OUR COUNTRY BACK AND WE WILL NOT PAY FOR PEOPLE HERE ILLEGALY ANY LONGER!!

GO GET EM EVERYONE!! YOU ARE MAD AS HELL AND YOU ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE " IT IS MY COUNTRY"

---------------------- RED ALERT NOW"-----------------------
    ALL HANDS ON DECK STOP THE..

DREAM ACT" "NOW"
    NEW POSTING TREAD FOR RED ALERT (TUESDAY9/18 )
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=83407
    INSTRUCTIONS FOR RED ALERT
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=83281
    CONTACT INFORMATION FOR SENATORS , NEWS, RADIO, ECT.
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 761#384761
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Senator Crapo is not a definite no, because I just talked at length to his office. They kept saying they would not speculate on his vote. I got mad and said, the Idaho people have a right to know his position on this issue "before" he votes, not after, when it's too late to do anything about it. The staffer says he puts that info on his website. I asked if it was on there now, and he said no, because he's waiting to hear the debate. I said, he must have read the amendment by now and knows what's in it. I said, we didn't vote him in to let other Senators make his decisions for him.

I was on hold for quite a while before I got to talk, so the phone lines are burning.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.