Page 77 of 177 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I've called all the re-election time Senators as well as the others. Some you could not get, either phone just rang or mailboxes full.

I did get a request from someone in Senator Lugar's office after I spoke with her very early this morning stating my position to send him an e-mail. She thought he should really "hear" my points. So I did, I just finished, since I wanted to get all the calls out of the way.
    Here it is:

Dear Senator Lugar,
    I am not a "state" constituent, but I am a National one.
    When votes are required on issues affecting all citizens in my opinion, each and every Representative represents All Citizens regardless of residence. This is why I feel it necessary to contact you on the above issues.

Senator Lugar, The Dream Act, should not be passed. This is a form of amnesty and a fast track to US Citizenship. These illegal aliens do not deserve such consideration. They have flaunted and ignored the laws of this land, have shown total disregard for our institutions, our legal processes, our flag, traditions and citizens. They Do NOT deserve special consideration for such actions. They Do NOT deserve Amnesty. The Dream Act Is Amnesty, no matter how its colored or worded. We should NOT reward illegal acts and abhorrent behavior. We citizens are not above the law, then why should foreign nationals be so? They should be held to the same standard as American citizens. There is punishment for breaking the law. We are a nation founded on laws, reasonable laws. They were instituted to protect our nation and her citizens. NOT ONE CITIZEN IS ABOVE THE LAW OF THE LAND. Their actions, committed by one of us, would require us to be held to that countries laws. Let them respect ours. This means No Amnesty in their case. We did it once and now they expect that they have the "right" to citizenship and have been encouraged in this by our very own Representatives. It is ludicrous that we are even enertaining such thoughts and actions. Shame on the Representatives encouraging them and entertaining the introduction of new laws to bow to these illegal aliens demands. We have created this mess by previous amnesty. If we give in to these people once again, do you not expect other nations peoples who want to be citizens to also make demands and expect us to cave in to their demands as well? It would seem to be the fair and democratic thing to do. We opened a can of worms the last time, and those worms just kept on multiplying. It is time to stop debating and entertaining such actions and revisions to our laws. Its time to ENFORCE OUR LAWS AND SECURE OUR BORDERS.

USA citizenship is a highly valued commodity. If it wasn't, do you think people from all over the world, would wait for years and spend quite a bit of money to enter our country legally? I know they wouldn't. You do as well.

USA citizenship is something to be "earned" and "cherished" with respect and fealty. Not something to be given to undeserving people who have shown the disdain they feel for this country by their very actions in bypassing our laws, making demands upon a country which they do not owe allegiance to. Citizenship requires committment from all, natural and foreign born. Our country makes it our duty. If someone feels it is in their best interests to break our laws to enter our country, do you not think its in Our Best Interest to send these people back?

If our laws were enforced and the job magnets disappeared, you can be sure that they would walk away. They would have no incentive to remain here. There are possibly a few who would like citizenship, but most here are not the least interested in being such. They are using this country and its resources as much the employers who hire them illegally are doing. That is no basis to allow unearned citizenship. Birth by foreign nationals is no basis for citizenship either. The parents were an ILLEGAL PRESENCE in Our Country.

Our citizenship means a great deal not just to Americans, but to citizens worldwide. We represent the good in the world. Something to strive for. We are something many countries want to emulate. Our prosperity, our civil rights, our inventiveness, ingenutiy, education, housing, healthcare, are many desirable things to strive for. Our generosity in this case has created too many problems. We must stop this flow of illegal aliens into our country , stop the incentives, and laxity of our laws. Punishment is sometimes necessary despite the opinions of some that it is too harsh.

The only way these illegal aliens will make changes in their lives is if they confront the issues in their home country. They need to make demands there. Stand up to their corrupt governments. Yes, there will be sacrifices but nothing of value is unearned. There is always a price to pay. If they really want more, they need to make their stand at home, not in our country. Leaving their countries and sending remittances home is not the answer. Nor is it by the USA by providing unearned citizenship.Their countries will never make strides in providing better lives for its citzens.

We should not be intolerant, and we have not been. We cannot be accused of that. We have practiced much generosity, tolerance and patience. We now have to practice "tough love" and let these people return to their countries and make it into the vision they see. Mexico no longer needs us to babysit her. She needs to be the adult she is and address her nations issues. We have provided much monetary support as well other support. She has to learn to stand on her own two feet. We cannot build another nation, that responsibility rests on its citzens shoulders, not ours.

Please insure that our Citzenship remains the envy of the world. Do not let others demean nor crush it. Let it still stand as a beacon for all. Let it stand tall and proud.
    Let our Citizenship be earned and sacrificed for, not given by demand or foolish generosity. American citizens have sacrificed much for their country. These people have done nothing but break our laws.

As for the H-1B visa and permanent green card increases where is it necessary? You must be aware that we have many citizens who have lost their jobs for various reasons, including outsourcing and much cheaper foreign labor. Wages are flat and stagnant because of the influx of foreign nationals. Any positions opening are being filled primarily by these outsiders. I believe that American citizens should be the people employed and at American wages. Anything less is unacceptable. Our standard of living is the envy of the world, but commerce only has higher profits as its base motive, not the interests of citizens nor of our country. This has been shown time and time again. Large corporations leave, keeping a token office or plant within the USA as they move into other more violent countries. The only reason they do this, is that they remain technically an American company and have the resources of the USA at their disposal should something jeopardize their foreign investments. These aren't companies to be proud of and support. These actions also prove what they value most, and its not directly in line with USA thinking, its strictly higher profits and less taxes, lower wages paid, lower overhead. Corporate interests, yet, they want the "might" of the USA to back them up if they get into trouble. Personally I find that abhorrent. Please VOTE NO ON INCREASES. AMERICANS FIRST.

With the H-2B visa increases requested, I still cannot help but think its just inserted to give some Senators an "out" to satisfy their constituents demands. We have been "invaded" by millions upon million of unskilled illegal alien laborers. Why would it be necessary to increase non-agricultural seasonal workers. Companies already have a steady supply and fresh supplies arrive daily to satisfy the labor they so "urgently" need. This is a "no-brainer" on a NO vote to increases. Please VOTE NO ON INCREASES.

Senator Lugar, we need to regain control of our country. We need to maintain the high standards of our Citzenship. We need to start saying NO to commerce.
    Please Secure Our Borders, Enforce Our Laws. VOTE NO ON THE DREAM ACT AND VISA INCREASES. I think we will see voluntary exodus of the illegal aliens once they and their groups realize we won't be held hostage anymore.

I for one am tired of their whining, their demands, the lawlessness. They have not shown to me where they should be granted all they wish. They need to address their issues with their governments. The sooner they do that, the better it will be for all concerned.

I think we should remind Mexico to stop meddling in this nations affairs. We are a soverign nation. If we are meddling in Mexico's affairs we should stop. There are too many assumptions by Mexico being made and it appears being "sold" to the Mexican people. Or maybe American citizens are being "sold" a bill of goods and the Mexicans are more aware than we are of impending actions.

WHATEVER, WE DO NOT WANT AMNESTY TO BE GIVEN, WE DO NOT WANT CITIZENSHIP TO BE BESTOWED, WE DO NOT WANT INCREASES IN FOREIGN LABOR.

PLEASE.....SUPPORT AMERICANS, KEEP OUR CITIZENSHIP OF VALUE, AND ENFORCE OUR LAWS ( this would be a major deterrent) and SECURE OUR BORDERS. LEAVE NO DOOR OPEN AND WELCOMING TO ILLEGAL ALIENS OF ANY SORT. ESPECIALLY IN VIEW OF 9/11.I am appalled that our borders have not been secured, since we seem to have to "live" with terrorist threat levels everyday. Homeland Security has allowed this? Unbelievable!

Thank you Senator Lugar for your time and consideration. I fervently hope that you will do your best by American Citizens in your voting. Once again, I will ask that you VOTE NO on the DREAM ACT ( AKA AMNESTY), AND ON INCREASING H-1B and H-2B VISAS.

Terri Flynn

Good Morning, Patriots!!! Rise and Shine.

I was up early today finishing my last few phone calls from LegalUSCitizen's re-election list. Seems that many Washington, DC voice mailboxes are full (I would say that's good), but was able to leave messages at state offices.

Working on e-mails now. Are we continuing with this thread???

Coffee's Ready ...I'm doing mine black today for maximum effect

NOTE: I removed the coffee pic, since it seemed to mess up the font of this thread.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good Morning to all of you early birds and night owls too. As zeezil asked, is this the thread for the day?

I will be attending two events today and will have the opportunity to pass out information on the Dream Act for others to make calls. While the one event is this evening, a town hall with the Sheriff, at least the continuing threat of piecemeal legislation regarding illegal immigration and amnesty will be distributed to all who attend.

I hope this is a good day for each of you and for all of us.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh zeezil, coffee is a great idea. I can't do the coffee straight - must have the cream . I think I will have Chocolate Cherry Kiss Coffee with a dash of cinnamon. I like to turn the coffee into dessert, even for the early morning.

Psalm 91
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

RealID, if you do not mind I would like to include this in a list of handouts. Birthright citizenship must be addressed regularly and frequently.

Good Morning/Good Nite (at least for a few hours) Zeezil
    and Georgia Peach

Its been a l-o-n-g 5+ days. I have finally finished additional emails and faxes to some of our "arch enemies" kennedy, hutchinson, durbin. Yep most mail boxes are full, some weren't and believe it or not, a few offices, such as Lugars actually had people in around 4am ......

I drank those big gulp coffees, but now am out of steam. I'm going to sleepy land for a while, and hope we do not need to make any more calls, I can barely talk or write anymore.

Good Luck and "see" you all soon.

Nope, feel free to borrow whatever you want. Lousy verbally, well kind've but I can write.

I just post them since I though that was what was wanted.

Never mind borrow, help yourself...... I did on one of the letters.

Since have changed a bit just for a refresher.

Good Luck to US

Immigration Battle in the Senate - Thursday September 20
    http://www.numbersusa.com/hottopic/sena ... n0507.html

(September 20) The Senate will resume consideration of H.R. 1585, the Defense Department authorization bill for fiscal year 2008, at 10:30 a.m. this morning. At some point during the debate, open-borders senators will attempt to attach three proposals that, when taken together, would grant amnesty to millions of illegal aliens and dramatically increase the importation of foreign workers at a time 10 million Americans are looking for jobs and can't find employment.

The floor vote on the amendment containing the DREAM Act amnesty -- new number: SA 2919 -- may occur tomorrow. It will take 41 NO votes to kill this amnesty. Currently, only 20 Senators have committed to vote NO.

Background

The new DREAM Act amendment (SA 2919) sponsored by Assistant Majority Leader Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) is similar to a stand-alone bill Durbin sponsored (S. 774). The measure authorizes DHS to cancel removal for, or adjust to lawful permanent resident status (in other words, grant amnesty to), an alien who is inadmissible or deportable in cases where the alien demonstrated that he/she:

has maintained continuous presence in the United States for five years and was not yet 16 years old upon initial entry, but is no older than 30 years of age;

is of "good moral character" and is not inadmissible or deportable on certain criminal grounds or on the basis of being a risk to national security; and

has been admitted to an institution of higher education, has attained a high school diploma, or has obtained a GED in the United States.

The DREAM Act also would grant amnesty to illegal aliens who satisfy these criteria as of enactment.

The newest iteration of the nightmarish DREAM Act makes two notable changes:

It removes a provision repealing existing statutory provisions barring illegal aliens from being eligible for in-state tuition unless a U.S. citizen or legal resident is eligible regardless of state residence.

It imposes an upper age limit of 30 years old on applicants for "conditional permanent resident status" (i.e., amnesty).

This latter revision narrows, but does not close, a gaping loophole because any illegal alien up to age 30 can still walk into any U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services office, declare that he is eligible, and be granted amnesty with minimal documentation of eligibility. That 30-year-old could claim that he illegally entered the United States when he was 15, but there is no requirement that the alien prove that he entered the United States at the claimed time by providing particular documents. The proposal merely requires him to "demonstrate" that he is eligible-which in practice could mean simply making a sworn statement to that effect. Thus, it is an invitation for just about every illegal alien 30-and-under to fraudulently claim the amnesty.

In addition, the alien then has six years to adjust his status from a conditional green card holder to a non-conditional one. To do so, he need only complete two years of study at an institution of higher education, including any vocational school. If the alien has already completed two years of study, he can convert to non-conditional status immediately (and use his green card as a platform to sponsor parents and other family members). As an alternative to two years of study, he can enlist in the U.S. military (or any other of the "uniformed services," such as the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration or Public Health Service) for two years. This provision allows Senator Durbin to claim that the DREAM Act is somehow germane to the DoD authorization bill.

An illegal alien who applies for this nightmare of an amnesty gets to count his years under "conditional" green card status toward the five years needed for citizenship. On top of that, the illegal alien could claim "retroactive benefits" and start the clock running the day that the DREAM Act is enacted. In combination, these two provisions put illegal aliens on a high-speed track to U.S. citizenship-moving from illegal alien to U.S. citizen in as little as five years. Lawfully present aliens, meanwhile, must follow a slower path to citizenship.

It would be absurdly easy for just about any illegal alien-even one who does not qualify for the amnesty-to evade the law. Once an alien files an application-any application, no matter how ridiculous-the federal government is prohibited from deporting him. Moreover, with few exceptions, Federal officers are prohibited from either using information from the application to deport the alien or sharing that information with another federal agency, under threat of up to $10,000 fine. Consequently, an alien's admission that he has violated Federal immigration law cannot be used against him-even if he never had any chance of qualifying for the DREAM Act amnesty in the first place.

The DREAM Act also makes illegal aliens eligible for Federal student loans and federal work-study programs – another benefit that law-abiding foreign students cannot receive – all at taxpayer expense.

Beyond the DREAM Act, the Senate is expected to take up measures vastly increasing foreign worker importation in both the high- and low-skill categories. An attempt will likely be made to increase the number of seasonal nonagricultural workers through exemptions to existing limitations on H-2B visa issuance.

Also, components of the SKIL Act, for which the main sponsor is Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), are likely to arise. To that end, Sen. Cornyn has amendments pending which, if adopted and enacted into law, would undermine U.S. workers and feed Big Business' insatiable hunger for cheap, foreign labor. SA 2143 would allow the "recapturing" of "unused" employment-based (EB) visas from fiscal years 1996 and 1997 (even though visas not allocated in a certain category in any given year are made available for other categories, so there really is no such thing as an "unused" visa). In addition, the amendment would raise the H-1B visa cap from 65,000 per year to 115,000 per year, more than double the number of EB immigrants admissible per year (from 140,000 to 290,000), and create exemptions from the EB visa cap for: (1) U.S.-educated scientists and engineers; (2) H-1Bs who have been working in science, technology, engineering, or math in the United States for three years preceding their application for an EB immigrant visa; (3) aliens with "extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics"; (4) "outstanding professors and researchers"; and (5) aliens granted "national interest waivers."

Another Cornyn amendment (SA 2141) would establish a new nonimmigrant worker, or "guestworker," program – the H-1A – for "international commuters" (i.e., aliens who live outside the United States, but who commute to and from work in the United States for up to 10 months in any calendar year). Up to 90,000 H-1A visas could have been issued each year, with those visas being valid for three years.

An additional Cornyn amendment, SA 2140, would establish parity between Mexican nationals who possess a valid biometric Border Crossing Card (BCC [also known as a "laser visa"]) who have completed the necessary security checks (a rarity in today's lax enforcement environment) who visit the United States and Canadian "visitors" by allowing BCC bearers to remain in the United States for up to six months. Currently, Mexican nationals with BCCs may only stay in the United States for up to 30 days, while Canadians possessing "tourist" visas may stay up to one year. In addition, SA 2140 would retain DHS' authority to set the length of time those with BCCs may remain in the United States and, also, would have authorized that agency to modify the length of admission on a case-by-case basis if good cause exists. Finally, the amendment would make a Mexican national inadmissible for the BCC admission period if: (1) he is inadmissible as a nonimmigrant; (2) he has previously violated his nonimmigrant status; or (3) the BCC was not processed through a machine reader at the U.S. port of entry.

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) has two pending immigration-related amendments. SA 2253 would require all executive departments and agencies – as well as all DoD contractors and subcontractors – to participate in, and comply with the terms of, the E-Verify program, beginning 90 days following enactment. Grassley also is cosponsoring a Durbin amendment (SA 223 designed to address the problems of fraud and abuse in the H-1B "high-skill" and L-1 "intracompany transferee/specialized knowledge" nonimmigrant worker programs, as well as protect opportunities for U.S. workers. (This proposal mirrors the Durbin- and Grassley-backed "H-1B and L-1 Visa Fraud and Abuse Prevention Act of 2007" [S. 1035 {CLICK HERE for a full summary of this bill}].)

I am back after 3 hours sleep, Make sure you point out that Durbin's 2 year Military is a FALSE STATEMENT as they only have 1 branch of the military that allows a 2 year enlistment and that is the navy. One more time TRICKY DICK is lying.