Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    I Know! They get all huffy, and their faces look like red baloons ready to explode whenever they announce 'FoxNews Alerts'. And it scares me because I immediately think the country is in some kind of danger. Only it turns out be something like Sheen of Two & A Half Men 'heading toward splitsville." That REALLY makes a difference in my life.
    And then there's that music that accompanies the "FOX NEWS ALERT!!!!" I usually sit up a little straighter and turn my attention away from what I'm doing usually to find I've been duped again! It was nothing important ... media as usual.

The coverage on Martha Stewart last night was overkill! I think MSN stayed with it for a full hour. I'd been out of town for the day and wanted to catch up on daily events. The emphasis on FOX and MSN was Martha and now CNN has that ridiculous hour-long show on Hollywood.

I ended up reading the latest headlines on the Net.
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    I Know! They get all huffy, and their faces look like red baloons ready to explode whenever they announce 'FoxNews Alerts'. And it scares me because I immediately think the country is in some kind of danger. Only it turns out be something like Sheen of Two & A Half Men 'heading toward splitsville." That REALLY makes a difference in my life.
    And then there's that music that accompanies the "FOX NEWS ALERT!!!!" I usually sit up a little straighter and turn my attention away from what I'm doing usually to find I've been duped again! It was nothing important ... media as usual.

The coverage on Martha Stewart last night was overkill! I think MSN stayed with it for a full hour. I'd been out of town for the day and wanted to catch up on daily events. The emphasis on FOX and MSN was Martha and now CNN has that ridiculous hour-long show on Hollywood.

I ended up reading the latest headlines on the Net.
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

Guys this is what I usually do. I only watch CNN for Lou Dobbs and occasionally watch NBC for Joe Scarborough (sometimes he's interesting). The rest of the time I usually either go to the internet or listen to talk radio (John and Ken and Michael Savage are my personal favorites). Otherwise I never watch the news on cable tv because it's nothing, but garbage. They don't report the real news and only want to distract you with the non issues like Michael Jackson and Martha Stewart as if that's the only thing that's going on in todays world. Heck the Peterson trial got more coverage then the war on terror for crying out loud. That's a travesty people.

So I say we all need to boycott watching cable tv news except for Lou Dobbs and the one or two other reporters that might actually cover the real issues. Honestly does Michael Jackson or Martha Stewart really have any affect on your daily lives? Not me. I say stop watching them because even if we don't like what they are reporting and complain about it everyday, so what because watching it gives them ratings. The less we watch the lower the ratings and then we email them and tell them that unless they report the real news and objectively I might add then we will never watch their filth they call news ever again.

One person won't do squat, but if enough did it for a long period of time then either the major news outlets would be forced to change their ways or go under and lose major revenue.

It's a crazy idea that just might work.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Guys this is what I usually do. I only watch CNN for Lou Dobbs and occasionally watch NBC for Joe Scarborough (sometimes he's interesting). The rest of the time I usually either go to the internet or listen to talk radio (John and Ken and Michael Savage are my personal favorites). Otherwise I never watch the news on cable tv because it's nothing, but garbage. They don't report the real news and only want to distract you with the non issues like Michael Jackson and Martha Stewart as if that's the only thing that's going on in todays world. Heck the Peterson trial got more coverage then the war on terror for crying out loud. That's a travesty people.

So I say we all need to boycott watching cable tv news except for Lou Dobbs and the one or two other reporters that might actually cover the real issues. Honestly does Michael Jackson or Martha Stewart really have any affect on your daily lives? Not me. I say stop watching them because even if we don't like what they are reporting and complain about it everyday, so what because watching it gives them ratings. The less we watch the lower the ratings and then we email them and tell them that unless they report the real news and objectively I might add then we will never watch their filth they call news ever again.

One person won't do squat, but if enough did it for a long period of time then either the major news outlets would be forced to change their ways or go under and lose major revenue.

It's a crazy idea that just might work.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

dman,

Newt's going to be on one of the networks .. I think it is Fox and maybe on Sunday night regarding immigration. That will be worth watching.

dman,

Newt's going to be on one of the networks .. I think it is Fox and maybe on Sunday night regarding immigration. That will be worth watching.

butterbean:
    - your comments were hilarious, but oh so true. Their heads do look like they will explode trying to spit out the alert. Ever notice how they raise their voices and breathlessly read the alert? You'd think it was something really serious, but no, just another mundane alert.

Watchman:
    - I too sit up straight and my ears perk up when I hear the alerts - and it is all for naught. I couldn't care about Stewart, Charlie Sheen, Paris Hilton, Jackson, etc. I'd much rather they focused their alerts on world events and not what is going on with the Hollyweird crowd. They have paid publicists to get their "news" out, don't know why media needs to be a promoter for free endorsements. Don't know how many times today I have heard about Martha Stewarts' plans for her future (like she'd have to worry with all her big bucks).

dman1200:

Yes, Lou Dobbs is a good one to watch. I usually try to catch him if I can. I also like Brit Hume and John Gibson (especially his "My Word" segment). I watch Neil Cavuto - for financial news and for his comments at the end of the show - usually something really good and inspiring).

I usually keep the tv on all day(when I'm home) just to stay informed, but for the most part I shut it out until I hear the "alerts". Never know if one of them is actually going to be a "REAL ALERT".

butterbean:
    - your comments were hilarious, but oh so true. Their heads do look like they will explode trying to spit out the alert. Ever notice how they raise their voices and breathlessly read the alert? You'd think it was something really serious, but no, just another mundane alert.

Watchman:
    - I too sit up straight and my ears perk up when I hear the alerts - and it is all for naught. I couldn't care about Stewart, Charlie Sheen, Paris Hilton, Jackson, etc. I'd much rather they focused their alerts on world events and not what is going on with the Hollyweird crowd. They have paid publicists to get their "news" out, don't know why media needs to be a promoter for free endorsements. Don't know how many times today I have heard about Martha Stewarts' plans for her future (like she'd have to worry with all her big bucks).

dman1200:

Yes, Lou Dobbs is a good one to watch. I usually try to catch him if I can. I also like Brit Hume and John Gibson (especially his "My Word" segment). I watch Neil Cavuto - for financial news and for his comments at the end of the show - usually something really good and inspiring).

I usually keep the tv on all day(when I'm home) just to stay informed, but for the most part I shut it out until I hear the "alerts". Never know if one of them is actually going to be a "REAL ALERT".

Daylights,

You said:

Don't know how many times today I have heard about Martha Stewarts' plans for her future (like she'd have to worry with all her big bucks).
    Was thinking the same thing as the tv is on in the background and wondering how many more times Martha is going to be among the top news stories todayl

ENOUGH ALREADY!

She's on again .. the same clip that was aired less than 30 minutes ago.

Daylights,

You said:

Don't know how many times today I have heard about Martha Stewarts' plans for her future (like she'd have to worry with all her big bucks).
    Was thinking the same thing as the tv is on in the background and wondering how many more times Martha is going to be among the top news stories todayl

ENOUGH ALREADY!

She's on again .. the same clip that was aired less than 30 minutes ago.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast