Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by HarmFamily
    Quote Originally Posted by tancredofan
    Quote Originally Posted by Once_A_Democrat
    The Libertarian Party has long recognized the importance of open borders

http://www.lp.org/issues/immigration.shtml

How much of this has rubbed off on Ron Paul? From his voting record – a lot
    Ron Paul certainly seems to agree with the Libertarian Party's support of the legalization of marijuana.

Here is a link to a webpage that displays the cover the November 1988 edition of High Times magazine: http://www.scribd.com/doc/34107/Ron-Pau ... -Candidate . On part of the cover of that edition of the magazine, it says the following:

RON PAUL
    Pro-Pot
    Presidential
    Candidate
    Excellent!! Domestically grown marijuana SHOULD BE LEGAL for adult consumption. Let's quit ruining American families for what amounts to prohibition (we all know how well THAT worked...), let's quit wasting our tax dollars prosecuting and jailing people who make a personal choice in their lives to smoke an herb that, in all recorded history, hasn't killed a single person, and let's START using those resources to PROSECUTE AND JAIL some employers of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

Besides, none of this means anything when attempting to use other's viewpoints to attempt to shine a positive light on Tancredo, who was loudly PRO VIETNAM, yet, when it was HIS time to serve, suddenly claimed "depression" and indicated "a history of mental illness".

Now, how about you stop taking every thread and turning it into a "let's go Tancredo" thread, I'll stop pointing out why that's such a bad idea, and let's get BACK to how to deal with illegal immigration?

Deal?
    Ron Paul supports the legalization of all drugs, not just marijuana.

Ron Paul supports the legalization of prostitution.

Ron Paul voted to allow firms to lay American workers to make room for foreign workers.

Ron Paul voted three times to support giving hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens Section 245(i) amnesty.

Ron Paul voted to nearly double the number of high-tech H-1B foreign workers.

Ron Paul voted seven times against allowing the United State military to aid in border control functions.

Ah, no deal. Well then, have at it, however:

Tancredo is mentally ill by his own admission

Tancredo supported Vietnam, but refused to serve

Tancredo avoided his DUTY to serve in our military because he was "depressed"

I'm not going to waste any more time on this. You go ahead and vote "Tancredo" and keep turning threads into some sad campaign for Tancredo. I'm going to aspire to keep threads on track, and keep my discussions germain to what this forum is about, preventing illegal immigration. This little sidetrack was fun for a few minutes, but clearly you're foaming at the mouth for Tancredo regardless of his being a coward and liar. Great role model, chief.

He's a joke, he's bad for America, he's pandering to the weak-minded with his "tough on immigration" status and would just as soon violate Posse Comatitus instead of enforcing laws on the books, and anyone paying attention knows it.

Have a great day.

Everyone on this thread is dedicated to fighting the illegal immigration crisis. I just fear that while you good people are busy fighting each other over "Good Ron vs. Bad Ron" -- Rudy Giuliani will be stealing the nomination from under all our noses and we will be S#@&# for another four years.

OK, I'vd had my say -- go back to your fight. (At least you're not setting dogs on each other like Michael Vick.)

Forgive me, this is absolutely not my place but I am going to say this anyway.

We are all here, with an exception from time to time, to do something about illegal immigration.

Sometimes that includes putting forth our ideas about what politicians would do the most good for us in that matter. That is a good thing and it lets us all discuss, decide and come to a conclusion.

We have been separated in this country for far too long because we followed one politician or the other - one party or the other. That is the reason we have allowed this situation with our border, outsourcing, and other destructive things to be put in place. Had we been paying attention instead of fighting amongst ourselves, or championing a politician, it might never have taken root.

Politicians should be our employees, our tools - and we should discuss them - but never forget they are just our employees and we should not allow them to cause strife.

Let's don't let politics divide us again - we can't afford it.

Sorry, I don't mean to be bossy or superior - just concerned. It is my absolute belief that all or problems stems from politics - and it has almost (maybe has) destroyed this country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Cooler heads prevail.

Remember, when you start using the word "you" that means it is getting personal.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    HarmFamily wrote:

Excellent!! Domestically grown marijuana SHOULD BE LEGAL for adult consumption. Let's quit ruining American families for what amounts to prohibition (we all know how well THAT worked...), let's quit wasting our tax dollars prosecuting and jailing people who make a personal choice in their lives to smoke an herb that, in all recorded history, hasn't killed a single person, and let's START using those resources to PROSECUTE AND JAIL some employers of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

You can't have it halfway on this HarmFamily. Making marijuana legal for adult consumption also makes it more readily avaliable to children and teenagers. Geez, is it your desire to have even more dope pushers selling to children and more kids using? I guess when kids can't afford to buy the drug on the street or from friends, they'll just steal it out of their parents bedroom closet. I'm sorry, but in my opinion legalizing marijuana would be a serious mistake. Just my opinion...........

Hmmm........is this why Ron Paul is so popular with the younger crowd?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    HarmFamily wrote:

You can't have it halfway on this HarmFamily. Making marijuana legal for adult consumption also makes it more readily avaliable to children and teenagers. Geez, is it your desire to have even more dope pushers selling to children and more kids using? I guess when kids can't afford to buy the drug on the street or from friends, they'll just steal it out of their parents bedroom closet. I'm sorry, but in my opinion legalizing marijuana would be a serious mistake. Just my opinion...........

Hmmm........is this why Ron Paul is so popular with the younger crowd?
    With all due respect, I can have it that way, and do to a degree thanks to states' rights. I believe the logic you've applied to is at it's core flawed and has been proven time and again to be so, most prominently with the prohibition laws and alcohol.

To ask me "Geez, is it your desire to have even more dope pushers selling to children and more kids using?" is not only personally insulting, it's a text book example of using tortured logic to make a non-sequitor; drug pushers and children with "easy access". The notion is ridiculous, and that you can't see it simply CAN'T get any easier than it currently is for children to obtain not only marijuana, but any drug under the sun, and they do...daily, is rather shocking in this day and age. Regulating a comparatively harmless substance such as marijuana would remove the incentive for "drug pushers" to be out there in the first place, when you could simply go to a licensed dispensary as an adult and get it. It makes NO sense to indicate that legalization of marijuana would lead to children "sneaking pot" from their parents. If they would do so, THEY'D BE DOING IT NOW TOO. Data shows us from enlightened societies who consider it a "soft drug" that usage actually goes DOWN, not up.

To continue, if legislating morality is such a great idea, then we wouldn't have repealed prohibition. It was repealed primarily because morality simply cannot be legislated, and the same people who were drinking legally found themselves on the wrong side of the law, including law makers. They didn't stop drinking, they simply ended up doing it behind closed doors and generating significant profits for gangs, bootleggers, and murders (sound familar?), so rampant that it was easy to show that the only people who benefited from prohibition were mobs and gangsters, and that it didn't curtail consumption in the least. Stills, bathtub gin, moonshine...all produced readily by both big mob business and "that guy on the other side of the hill".

Even Tancredo understands that legalization of marijuana in some instances should be allowed as evidenced by his being among a handful of congressmen who voted yes on a bill which would prevent using Federal resources to investigate, arrest, and prosecute Medical Marijuana users and caregivers in states where it is legalized for such usage.

Wikipedia reports of Tom Tancredo:
    He was one of a handful of Republicans who voted for a bill proposed by Maurice Hinchey and Dana Rohrabacher to stop the Department of Justice from raiding medical marijuana patients and caregivers in states where medical marijuana is legal, citing states' rights concerns.

The time has come to throw off the stigma that marijuana is some terrible scourge, that it's some gateway drug, that it's worth our OWN government destroying families over, and that it has no medicinal value.

So, instead of making wild accusations, jumping to ridiculous conclusions, and putting words in one's mouth that never came from that mouth, if you want to discuss it rationally, I will happily engage you in discussion about it, but this probably isn't the place to continue it.

You want secure borders? Let's stop wasting billions upon billions of dollars cracking down on archaic marijuana laws designed to keep DuPont and BigOil rolling in the dough, and let's put it toward obtaining more Border Patrol and fences. Let's remove the incentive for Mexico to continue to flood the market with marijuana, providing our current gangsters and mobsters with a VERY lucrative income (and keeping those "drug pushers" you are so afraid of VERY well stocked with unregulated marijuana to sell to your kids), and let's regulate it. Let's tax it. Let's use it responsibly. When there is ample regulated and taxed marijuana here in the U.S., the incentive for illegally imported marijuana to be sold by gangsters will all but disappear.

Think about it....

MW
    HarmFamily wrote:

To ask me "Geez, is it your desire to have even more dope pushers selling to children and more kids using?" is not only personally insulting
    I apologize for insulting you, however, I will not apologize for my views on ILLEGAL DRUGS.

It makes NO sense to indicate that legalization of marijuana would lead to children "sneaking pot" from their parents. If they would do so, THEY'D BE DOING IT NOW TOO.
    Sorry, it makes complete sense to me. Guess I'll just have to live with the fact that some will perceive my logic as nonsense. As for children stealing pot from their parents - well, none of my children ever acquired as much as a seed from my house.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Good point BrightNail. There really is no other alternative. All the democratic presidential candidates are pretty much pro-amnesty, open border right?

Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail
    Well, I think Ron Paul is a very strong candidate... and one that you MUST consider because Tancredo and Hunter will not endure. I don't say that because I don't like them, I say that because their funding and such just won't be up there.. eventually they will fall off. Personally, I DIG Tancredo...

But Ron Paul is a man of principle, he is wise to the NAFTA-NAU and all those shenanigans..

Read here:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

That is where he stands and the platform he is running on.

Listen.. When the dust settles, you MUST pick Ron Paul IF your choice of Tancredo and Hunter fall thru.. Why, Guliani LOVES amnesty and had a sanctuary city, he is also "in" on the NAU, as well as thompson..
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

I would like to see proof of ALL the below. Since you made the accusations you have the onus of proving them.

Quote Originally Posted by HarmFamily
    Ah, no deal. Well then, have at it, however:

Tancredo is mentally ill by his own admission

Tancredo supported Vietnam, but refused to serve

Tancredo avoided his DUTY to serve in our military because he was "depressed"

por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada