Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    BrightNail wrote:

Well, I think he was saying this because there 'are' illegal immigrants in the armed forces.
    Illegal immigrants aren't currently being enlisted in the military service. Not knowingly anyway. If Paul knows of an illegal immigrant in the military, than he should report him or her for fraud because they provided fake documents and lied on their application.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Still awaiting a response to the following:

BrightNail wrote:

Duncan Hunter was a sponsor of the Military Commission Act. The piece of legislation that stripped away your habeas corpus rights.

MW wrote:

How did Hunter cosponsor a bill that originated in the Senate?

I believe McConnell sponsored this piece of legislation and Frist and Warner were cosponsors.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    BrightNail wrote:

Duncan Hunter was a sponsor of the Military Commission Act. The piece of legislation that stripped away your habeas corpus rights.
    How did Hunter cosponsor a bill that originated in the Senate?

I believe McConnell sponsored this piece of legislation and Frist and Warner were cosponsors.
    The military commission bill, HR 6054 was sponsored by Hunter.
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h109-6166

BrightNail wrote:

Well, I think he was saying this because there 'are' illegal immigrants in the armed forces.
    Illegal immigrants aren't currently being enlisted in the military service. Not knowingly anyway. If Paul knows of an illegal immigrant in the military, than he should report him or her for fraud because they provided fake documents and lied on their application.
    There was a piece in the Los Angeles today (or yesterday) that featured a man that died who was not "legal" while in Iraq serving in the Army ... perhaps he doesn't mean illegal, but rather not 'legal'.

MW
    In 2006, several versions of the Military Commissions Act of 2006 (MCA) were introduced. The MCA created rules for the detainment, interrogation and trials of detainees in the War on Terror. It was eventually passed and was signed by President George W. Bush. Note: This page covers the final version of the Military Commissions Act of 2006 and its aftermath. It is a sub-article of the main Congresspedia article on War on Terror detainee legislati...
    Okay, I must have been looking at one of the other so-called versions. However, it's a mute point with me because I actually support the bill. Our interrogation units should not have their hands tied when American lives may depend on the results of the interrogation.

MW
    BrightNail wrote:

There was a piece in the Los Angeles today (or yesterday) that featured a man that died who was not "legal" while in Iraq serving in the Army ... perhaps he doesn't mean illegal, but rather not 'legal'.
    Please provide a link and maybe we can figure this out together. Legal residents (green card holders) are eligible to serve.

In 2006, several versions of the Military Commissions Act of 2006 (MCA) were introduced. The MCA created rules for the detainment, interrogation and trials of detainees in the War on Terror. It was eventually passed and was signed by President George W. Bush. Note: This page covers the final version of the Military Commissions Act of 2006 and its aftermath. It is a sub-article of the main Congresspedia article on War on Terror detainee legislati...
    Okay, I must have been looking at one of the other so-called versions. However, it's a mute point with me because I actually support the bill. Our interrogation units should not have their hands tied when American lives may depend on the results of the interrogation.
    no worries. also, hunter has a ton of ties to miliatry contractors and some of his past behaviours have leaned towards..uhm... I think that we choose our candidates for whatever reason. I am not trying to convince you but I also don't think its fair to say 'ron paul' is weak on illegal immigrants. He isn't. Its been noted that besides Tancredo, he is the strongest. I think ending the welfare state for them will do much more than a wall for stopping illegal immigration. I don't think either of them is the ONLY solution, but both must be done.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul344.html

MW
    BrightNail wrote:

Its been noted that besides Tancredo, he is the strongest.
    Whoa hold the ponies, no way do I agree with that. Duncan Hunter and Tancredo are amost identical on the issue of illegal immigration and border security. Sorry, but Paul is no where close to Hunter and Tancredo on the issue. Paul has some good qualities, but I've chose to make him my distant 3rd choice for a reason.

As for Hunter's connection with military contractors - isn't that to be expected when you're the chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, the powerful panel that oversees military policy? He had to give that job up when the Democrats took the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail
    no worries. also, hunter has a ton of ties to miliatry contractors and some of his past behaviours have leaned towards..uhm... I think that we choose our candidates for whatever reason. I am not trying to convince you but I also don't think its fair to say 'ron paul' is weak on illegal immigrants. He isn't. Its been noted that besides Tancredo, he is the strongest. I think ending the welfare state for them will do much more than a wall for stopping illegal immigration. I don't think either of them is the ONLY solution, but both must be done.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul344.html
    Also, punishing employers must be done....Does Paul support this? Honest question.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

MW
    BrightNail wrote:

Also, punishing employers must be done....Does Paul support this? Honest question.
    Sure he does, but so does Hunter and Tancredo. This is not really an issue that separates the three.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast