Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The biggest holes in the border wall are the judges, mayors, and law enforcement who are an extended part of the cartel's power reach into America;

You there in Idaho, North Carolina, and in Iowa, who are wondering what is going with the invading hordes--down here we laugh at your confusion and feeble attempts to do something about it;

We laugh with a black sarcastic laugh because you have already lost your battles before you have even begun;

The cartels own the border, and Bush had the chance to do something about it, first, when he was governor, then as President;

Perry has done nothing--and won't; in fact, his administration, according to Austin newpapers, has taken over $48,000, in lobby money from the ILLEGAL slot machine industry run by the cartels--the "gamerooms" are also a convenient place to deal cartel cocaine and meth;

Former Democrat Texas Governor Ann Richarson has a place on South Padre Island, so her and her acquainances must be quite familiar with how business works here;

And corporate America, just like the South Padre Island resort owners, would rather employ illegal workers for low wages, who they can easily control--and also have NO POWER to vote.

We need a Border Czar--from Nebraska or Montana, who is not a direct blood relative to any cartel members.

A

Big Tex talked about South Padre Island beaches being infested--you should see what the beaches look like when the masses leave;

More importantly, it is those you do not leave but are employed serving up the best Gulf shrimp a tourist has ever consumed--best Gulf shrimp served by illegals--I know them all personally.

Yourillegal immigrant problems up North will never change as long as the rich business owners down here elected weak or corrupt politicians who create a border sieve with holes so big as to allow ALL of the bad guys / cartel in with the hordes who simply dream of a job at the Radison on South Padre Island cleaning rooms;

When the Town of South Padre Island City Attorney IS the owner of the Raddison Resort, immigration laws are not going to be enforced, and the hordes will spend a short time working on the shrimp boats or working manual labor at the resorts; and try buying a souvenir at one of the gift shops from an American born citizen.

I may not be able to change the world, but you may be able to help me change our world.

Bad Cops & Prosecutors: Bad Cop News
    Cameron County Texas Constable Saul Ochoa Arrested In Port Isabel On Federal Dealing Drug Charges - Cousin Is Port Isabel Police Chief Joel Ochoa, Brother Benny Ochoa III Is Justice Of The Peace

Constable Saul Ochoa arrested Â*

Cameron County Pct. 1 constable indicted in drug trafficking case
    Wednesday, May 28, 2008 at 1:11 p.m.Â*

Federal officials confirmed that they arrested Cameron County Pct. 1 Constable Saul Ochoa on marijuana trafficking charges Wednesday.

Court records show that a federal grand juy in Brownsville indicted Ochoa on TuesdayÂ*with four counts of possession with the intent to distribute marijuana.

Officials from the U.S. Attorney's Office in Houston confirmed that Ochoa was arrested by DEA agents at the Port Isabel Police Department on Wednesday.

Ochoa is charged with possessing five pounds of marijuana on May 8, 15, and 22 of this year. He allegedly had another 10 pounds of marijuana on May 12 of this year.

Authorities said the charges are the result of an investigation between the DEA, FBI and Port Isabel Police Department.

Ochoa remains in custody but is expected to appear before U.S. Magistrate Judge Felix Recio Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning.

The Port Isabel native took office in January 2005. He and his deputies serve South Padre Island, Port Isabel, Laguna Heights, Laguna Vista and the surrouding area.

OchoaÂ*is the only person named in the indictment.

If convicted, the Port Isabel lawment would face a maximum of five years in prison for each charge.

AÂ*full copy of the indictment is available here:

http://www.kgbt4.com/files/SaulOchoa.pdf

Action 4Â* News will bring you more details on the case

Action 4 News reporter Ryan Wolf talks with the newly-elected constable.
    ByÂ*Ryan Wolf
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 9:25 a.m.Â*

A newly-elected and appointed Cameron County constable is under fire in a controversy over a gun.

Jose Maldonado, Jr. was voted into office in the November general election to serve as the Constable for Precinct 1 in Port Isabel.

Maldonado doesn't get sworn in until January but Cameron County commissioners voted to appoint him as a interim constable through the end of the year due to a vacancy created by his jailed predecessor Saul Ochoa.

But Action 4 NewsÂ*learned that MaldonadoÂ*is underÂ*investigation by the Cameron County Sheriff's Department for allegedly giving his county-issued handgun to a cousin at a house party over the weekend.

The county-issued weapon was reportedly fired outside the house several times.

"I don't know what happened... where down the road it came out... where I had loaned out my weapon," Maldonado said.

Sheriff deputies were called out to a home off La Brecha Drive outside San Benito because of reports of shots fired on Saturday evening.

At least four calls came in.Â* Maldonado admits they did come from outside the home.

"That night we heard the howling of the coyotes close to the corrals," Maldonado said. "So, we went over there and shot at the coyotes."

But is the coyote story just a cover-up?Â*

Action 4 News obtained an incident report compiled from four law enforcement officers at the scene. None of them madeÂ*any reference to coyotes as a motive.Â*

Instead,Â*the reportÂ*indicated that both men appeared drunk and even quoted Maldonado admitting to actions that could be considered as aÂ*liability to the county.

The report read in part, "I asked Mr. Maldonado if he allowed a non county employee to discharge the county issued handgun...Â*He replied yes...Â*Mr. Maldonado then began to apologize to the deputies and I."

Even his cousin admits in the report to shooting a magazine into the air using Maldonado's .40 Caliber Glock that had a matching county serial number.Â*Â*

Still, the Constable says the report is all wrong.

"I misinterpreted him... I thought he was asking if I had fired my weapon and I said yes... I discharged my weapon," Maldonado said.

That likely wouldn't be illegal since both were within the county’s limits.Â*

However, the point of contention is whether Maldonado was as “highly intoxicatedâ€

This is our Country's first line of defense, where the Gulf of Mexico, the Rio Grande River, meet and separate the United States and Mexico: Cameron County;

And these are the Americans we trust to not accept bribes to allow illegal entry, with or without illegal drugs?

And you there in Witchita wonder about the flood of illegals and drugs?

MEXICANS BOMB US CONSULATE AND THREATEN US LAWMAKERS
    by: armand c. hale | published: 04 11, 2010 | avg. rating: Â*

ALIPAC has breaking news out of Mexico and Texas. A U.S. consulate has been bombed in Mexico! Illegal alien and drug-importing assassins are threatening U.S. lawmakers and their families in Texas, while the White House continues to refuse to deploy National Guard troops to the border.Â*

In fact, the Obama administration continues to focus Homeland Security on the hopes of Amnesty legislation passing for millions of illegal aliens, instead of protecting American property, health, security, wages, jobs, and lives from terrorists and illegal immigration.

U.S. Sen. Harry Reid refused to meet with American taxpayers recently, but found the time this weekend to promise his army of illegal aliens in Las Vegas that Comprehensive Immigration Reform AMNESTY will be pushed and passed starting next week!

He said they would pass the Amnesty legislation "just like the health care bill". Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) made the same promise to a large mob of illegal aliens and their supporters as well, while the illegal’s plan more "mega marches" against our nation on May 1!

Take action now and spread the word! Get your local Tea Party and your friends signed up fast at www.AgainstAmnesty.com. GetÂ*your schedules cleared, travel plans made, handouts and signs read for our Tea Party Against Amnesty events April 15-17.

The illegal’s and their backers are pushing hard, let's get our counter protest efforts rolling strong! Spread the news to your friends around the nation and sign up and take steps now to support our counter protests April 15-17 via www.AgainstAmnesty.com Â*

Source: The ALIPAC Team www.alipac.us
    http://www.conservativecrusader.com/articles/2

Prisoners, Ex-Guard Claim Abuse at Hands of Cameron County Jailers
    Reported by:Â*Will RipleyÂ*
    Last Update: 12/28/2009 9:13 am
    Print StoryÂ*|Â*ShareThis

OLMITO - A CHANNEL 5 NEWS investigation exposes allegations of abuse behind bars in Cameron County.

Inmates at Carrizalez-Rucker Detention Center tell stories of violence, intimidation, and cover-ups.

Eric Gonzalez has served five months in jail for a parole violation. He claims some jail guards are abusing their authority.

"They don't have to explain to nobody, and they make that very clear to us," he says.

"I'm speaking out for every other inmate who never gets a chance to," Gonzalez explains. "They've abused me so much, they can't do nothing else to me."

His allegations include three or four officers attacking an inmate. He says they kicked him in the face, threw him on the ground, and punched him.

"They'll spray him with mace. They'll cuff him. And then they'll throw him in a room or a holding cell and leave him there for hours," says Gonzalez. "I'm talking about six, seven hours at a time. Cuffed and shackled, where they can't clean their face off."

A former jail guard corroborates allegations of trouble inside the jail.

"There's a lot of things that go on there that the sheriff don't even know about it," say the ex-guard.

He asked us to hide his face and change his name. We'll call him "Rick." He used to work as a Cameron County jail guard. After eight months, he was fired.

"Rick" says he did nothing wrong, and his supervisor had a problem with him.

"They can wash their hands of anybody they want," he tells us.

"Rick" says he saw guards treat inmates worse than animals.

"They can gang up on any inmate they want," he claims.

Like Gonzalez, "Rick" mentioned guards macing inmates.

"For as long as they're maced, it's burning. It's burning 'em, It's burning 'em, It's burning 'em," he says.

"It seemed like torture to me," he tells us.

CHANNEL 5 NEWS asked why someone would do that.

"To have fun I guess," says "Rick."

We spoke to a woman who says her son was one inmate maced by guards.

"They had maced him and they put the mask on his face," she tells us.

The inmate's sister recalls, "He thought he was gonna die. He thought he was gonna die that night."

The two women are hiding their faces for fear of retaliation.

CHANNEL 5 NEWS asked Cameron County Sheriff Omar Lucio for an explanation about the claims over a month ago.

He said, "No I'm not gonna say anything. Anything. I told you you don't have a story. And I'm not gonna make a story out of that."

He turned down our interview request and warned us not to go any further with our investigation.

In a phone call, he said, "Well, I'm sorry. You do that, Will, then you're gonna be in bad with my office."

His chief deputy Gus Reyna told us if we run the story, CHANNEL 5 NEWS will be stonewalled by the sheriff's office.

CHANNEL 5 NEWS' Will Ripley asked, "We're not gonna get anymore news from you guys?"

"No, you will not," said Reyna.

We showed our recorded phone calls to Cameron County Judge Carlos Cascos.

"It never looks good when you don't wanna talk to the media about an issue like this, because right away someone's going to say, 'Well there must be something to hide,'" he says.

Just three days before our investigation aired, the sheriff agreed to answer our questions.

We asked the sheriff if beating, macing, and masking inmates is standard procedure.

"To my knowledge, that does not happen," says Lucio.

He tells us he will look into the claims.

CHANNEL 5 NEWS also asked about the alleged beating of Randal Bolivar. His mother, Mary Rey, says six jail guards and a sergeant brutally beat him.

"It's very difficult to talk about," she tells us.

She showed us Bolivar's medical records for September 19. The documents show Bolivar was "brought to the infirmary in a wheelchair… screaming and crying" after an "altercation."

An ambulance was called and Bolivar was taken to the hospital.

The medical records don't say what started the "fight" or who was involved.

The chief deputy tells us Bolivar assaulted two of his detention guards.

But Bolivar's mother suspects the attack on her son was unprovoked.

"Rick," the former jailer, agrees. He says Bolivar never assaulted anyone.

He was shackled. There's no way he could move. There's no way he could be combative like that," says "Rick."

The sheriff says he doesn't know what happened or why Bolivar ended up in the hospital.

"I don't have that information available," Lucio tells us.

The sheriff adds his staff did nothing wrong.

"We're not dealing with kids from the playground. We're dealing with sometimes hardened criminals," he says.

Bolivar is waiting to go on trial for murder, evading arrest, and causing an injury accident.

"I am well aware of what he's accused of," says Bolivar's mother. "However, he is a human being just like everybody else."

Rey called in a complaint to the Texas Rangers. The Texas Rangers told us they did investigate, but they closed the case without inspecting the jail or talking to any inmates.

They said Bolivar refused to cooperate.

Other allegations about the jail include substandard health care, inmates getting the wrong medication, and guards turning off the water for as long as 27 hours.

"Rick" says most of it is hidden from the sheriff.

"If it's something that is gonna look good on their behalf, it goes to the sheriff's office. If it's something that's gonna look bad on their behalf, it just gets thrown away," he tells us.

We asked Lucio if it's possible there are jail incidents he isn't aware of.

"When you ask possible, anything is possible," he replies.

Lucio adds if they look into an allegation and find something improper, they will file criminal charges.

Male inmates aren't the only ones making allegations of abuse. A former female inmate is also speaking out.

Donna Funke, a 70-year-old retired school teacher, was arrested and booked in Cameron County. She was accused of hitting someone with her golf cart.

Funke says it never happened. She's waiting to go to trial.

She claims she was abused and neglected during her time behind bars. She alleges inmates' medical needs were ignored.

Gail Hanson also reports problems with inmates getting medications. Hanson was a Cameron County jail minister for eight years.

"I always was distressed by the way the inmates were treated," she tells us.

Hanson says she told the sheriff about her concerns, which included a woman having a miscarriage and a woman having a seizure.

"He pretty much told me to mind my own business," she recalls.

"She tried to speak out and she's no longer allowed to go back," says Corinna Spencer-Scheurich, an attorney for the South Texas Civil Rights Project.

They're now suing to get Hanson access to the jail.

The sheriff won't comment about Hanson because of that pending lawsuit. In the past, he said he revoked Hanson's privileges because she was a threat to the safety and security of the jail.

He also said she was too personally involved with inmates.

As for the allegations about the infirmary, he says "I feel the infirmary is a top-notch infirmary."

"We run a professional jail here," he adds.

The county judge tells us he's concerned about allegations of abuse behind bars.

"They still have rights. And those rights must be defended," he tells us.

But he adds jailers also have a hard job.

"They get abused. They get spat on, kicked... And a lot of these jailers hold back quite a bit," he explains.

The sheriff says he has good people in place.

He says if he uncovers evidence his jailers are breaking the rules, he will not tolerate it.

CHANNEL 5 NEWS has learned the Texas Attorney General's Office is investigating at least one allegation of inmate abuse.

We also checked with the Texas Commission on Jail Standards. They say routine jail inspections have turned up no major problems.

What do shrimp, illegal drugs, and illegal immigrants have as a common denominator?

In a State where good food is about as big as football in the race for the most important personal preference this fall among its resident population, news that fresh Gulf shrimp, a standard throughout Texas, may be harder to find in the near future is devastating to the Guld shrimp lover, and could mean consumers will face elevated consumer prices next time they visit their favorite eatery for a plate of wild crustacean.

The Texas shrimp industry is on the decline, and with fewer boats and smaller fleets heading into the Gulf this season. there will undoubtably be a shortage of fresh shrimp in stores and restaurants from Port Arthur to El Paso. An added worry is that as wild Gulf shrimp becomes more in demand than in supply, restaurants and stores will turn more to imported and mostly farm-raised shrimp as a replacement, further degrading the reason to order a plate of shrimp next time you eat out at your favorite shrimp dive.

Abandoned and almost forgotten shrimp boats line the Brownsville Shrimp Basin, a sad sign that the Texas shrimping industry continues its decline on the heels of high fuel prices and strict immigration laws.

Carlton Reyes, President of the Brownsville-Port Isabel Shrimp Producers Association, says only about 160 of the 220 shrimp boats in the basin will head out into the Gulf this year, an indication that the industry in a serious decline. A decade ago, that number was about 350 shrimp boats.

“It's not just the cost of fuel, but we don't have enough workers to crew the fleet,â€

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast