Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

x wrote

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:08 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think everyone is high strung and angry right now. And I don't think any kind of college is going to impress the strident alipac types - they don't like people who went to college in the first place - and it doesn't matter if it your local city college or harvard. They think they are just training grounds for commies. And they think they are elitist. Many of the full-time professional anti-immigrant crazies are also full-time anti EVERYONES who isn't them crazies. They have ring leaders who can speak clearly and may be educated - but most of their base is just unhinged and you are the easy target for their rage.

They are whining about us... wow we are elitist now...more great reads...over in the shadows....
    but this one really ticked me off

x wrote:
    I'm valentine on the other forum. I think it's extremely disappointing that Dream didn't pass, and I hope that Dream will move in 08 or 09. I still think Durbin should've made the bill more complicated for people to qualify though. 2 years of college or military seems really easy for any bonehead to complete. I do hope that we have more Republican senators like Hutchinson who are willing to do a compromise. I had hopes when she said that... *sigh* Even the white house threatened the bill with veto... That says something
    very patriotic eh....Our soldier are basically boneheads...now that's the way to win our American hearts...oh that's right we don't have hearts we love our Country so...we are elitist racist xenophobe unhinged crazies...but they want our tax dollars
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    Quote Originally Posted by DinTN

I gotta' admit though I was kind of looking forward to another near-fatal eye-popping, head-exploding rant out of Kennedy . Anyone know just WHY they didn't vote today...I'm curious.....
    Boxer was in CA ( those horrible fires), Kennedy is recovering from a blood clot, I believe, McCain- who knows? Probably worried about losing what ground he has in his campain for prez--same for Dodd, I imagine.
    I totally agree. He voted on the bill prior to DA. I can't think of the name, but it was for the judge. It seems a little fishy that he was present for that, but not for the DA.

Boxer was in CA ( those horrible fires),
    I'm such a dufus! I was just watching her on CNN! WOW! Did I hear right, 800,000 people evacuated????

Kennedy is recovering from a blood clot,
    Oh, I didn't know, I guess I should have been nicer
    I believe, McCain- who knows? Probably worried about losing what ground he has in his campain for prez--same for Dodd, I imagine.
    Sorry, I just don't relate "Presidential" material with Dodd or McCain. McCain may be gaining a little ground but for now I'm with
    Tom Tancredo or / and Ron Paul.
    ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION= Breeding the American out of existence.

Mr Bush himself: "It is far too soon to judge a man with eight months left in office." 2008-05-24

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    The fires sound really bad and I am praying for all of our people and others in there. I hope they can get them contained and out. It looks like a war zone, even just on the news.

As for the defeat.....WOOHOO!!!!!!! Somehow, I have to admit, I felt that it would be defeated. I am glad my hopefulness was right.

So those Dreamies are really ticked, eh? Poor little angry invaders/invader supporters.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    The fires sound really bad and I am praying for all of our people and others in there. I hope they can get them contained and out. It looks like a war zone, even just on the news.
    Thanx for the concern, Liz....Looks like the worst is behind us. The Santa Ana's (crazy ass California winds) are dying down. So the fire is easier to contain, and the helicopters are able to help out now. I think some of the planes, "water bombers," are also being used. The best fire-fighters in the world are now gaining the upper-hand. I wanna buy beers for all of those great men and women after they defeat this fire, well the ones I run into
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Bearflag, we have winds like that up here, we call it the "East Wind". We live at the end of the Columbia River Gorge, which acts like a funnel for winds coming out of the flatlands areas of Eastern Oregon and Washington.

However, we get these winds in our most rainy season, so they simply make the rain go sideways and never pose a threat to us in hot. dry weather (which we do not have too much of). Though, I have been out in these winds walking, and at their worst, they can knock you on your butt (some local strip malls have set up plexi-glass walls on the east facing sides of the walkways!)
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Liz, our winds are similar, except they go through the deserts first, pick up momentum in the valleys, then shoot into our cities. They are fast, dry, and warm. You guys might think you get too much rain up there, but trust me you don't. We were praying for rain here.....but this tends to be a very dry warm time period for us. There's a lot of draw-backs living in a damn desert.

I've been thinking a lot. When it was really scary, they were evacuating neighboring communities, the fire was heading our way, the electricity went out, and alarms were sounding throughout my apartment complex.......I went outside to talk to friends, and as I looked around I got to thinking.........I honestly believe we have over-populated and over-developed this state. I don't think this land was meant for so many people. And it certainly was not meant for a population of Third Worlders.

If the illegals take over this state, the Americans will leave. And we will take the world's greatest fire-fighters with us. They will not be able to handle something like this without us. If this state goes to Mexico, it will collapse one way or another. FEMA can not save them. Its just one more reason to keep the land we have.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

I don't mind the rain here, it is what keeps us as green as we are. Besides, I grew up with the rains and have the Oregonian "webbed feet"!!

As for the winds, my husband is originally from Chicago and used to go on about how windy it was there, but after living here many winters, he realized these winds here could be worse (although we do not get the icy cold winters and snow that they get).

As for the state of California being overpopulated and stretched to it's natural limits, yes, that is more than quite possible, it is highly likely. With little to no water reserves of it's own, Southern California has begun to use up more than it's share of other states natural resources (such as water to irrigate and water lawns and landscaping)too.

I just finished emailing the 12 republican senators who voted in favor of the Dream Act. Now I'll be hitting the Dems.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    I just finished emailing the 12 republican senators who voted in favor of the Dream Act. Now I'll be hitting the Dems.
    Thanks butterbean, you are ahead of me on this. I am working on my thank you list and then going to my no thanks list. I will get to the 96 who voted (and will even send no thanks to the missing 4 because I know that they would have voted YES on cloture had they been present).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)