Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Voter Fraud Information Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April
    ocuments: ACORN and Project Vote Activity Led to Dramatic Increase in Invalid Colorado Voter Registrations for 2008 and 2010

View Discussion
    Percentage of Invalid Voter Registrations from Public Assistance Agencies in Colorado More Than Four Times the National Average in 2009-2010; Sought “Legislative Fixâ€

April
    Voter Fraud Front and Center
    SATURDAY, 06 AUGUST 2011 17:50 TOM FITTON

With little more than a year before the 2012 elections, the press has started to sharpen its focus on the candidates. Judicial Watch, meanwhile, is deeply concerned about the integrity of the electoral process — especially given the rampant voter registration fraud caused by the “community organizationâ€

April
    ACORN REBRANDING TABLE

ACORN Housing Corp. changed its name to Affordable Housing Centers ofAmerica Inc.

State-level chapters that have incorporated as new nonprofi t corporations:Arkansas: Arkansas Community Organizations

California: Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment (ACCE)

Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island: New England United for JusticeDistrict of Columbia, Maryland: Communities United, Communities UnitedTraining and Education Fund

Louisiana: A Community Voice

Minnesota: Minnesota Neighborhoods Organizing for Change

Missouri:Missourians Organizing for Reform & Empowerment (MORE)

New York: New York Communities for Change

Pennsylvania Neighborhoods for Social Justice (PNSJ) andPennsylvania Communities Organizing for Change (PCOC)

Texas: Texas Organizing Project and Texas Organizing Project EducationFund

Washington: Organization United for Reform (OUR) Washington

http://www.capitalresearch.org/pubs/pdf/v1304376160.pd

working4change
    ACORN and its affiliate, Project Vote, successfully pressured Colorado officials to implement new policies for increasing the registration of public assistance recipients

Massive voter fraud by ACORN in Colorado

- Matthew Vadum
    Sunday, August 7, 2011

Judicial Watch has uncovered massive voter fraud in Colorado. http://www.judicialwatch.org/news/2011/ ... rado-voter

The Colorado secretary of state’s office apparently bent over backwards to accommodate the unreasonable demands of the vote fraudsters of the criminal group ACORN. Said Judicial Watch in a press release:

ACORN and its affiliate, Project Vote, successfully pressured Colorado officials to implement new policies for increasing the registration of public assistance recipients during the 2008 and 2010 election seasons. Following the policy changes, the percentage of invalid voter registration forms from Colorado public assistance agencies was four times the national average.

More on this developing story later.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/39236

April
    List of states who do and do not require photo ID

http://www.ncsl.org/default.aspx?tabid=16602

April
    "Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything."

—COMMUNIST TYRANT AND MASS MURDERER JOSEF STALIN

April
    Voting fraud suspects claim they weren't trying to cheat

RALEIGH, N.C. — Three people were charged Thursday with voter fraud after authorities determined that they voted twice in Wake County in the 2008 election, and a fourth was charged with voting twice last year, officials said.

Cherie Poucher, executive director of the Wake County Board of Elections, said evidence showed all three voted early and on Election Day.

The elections board turned the case over to the Wake County District Attorney's Office to investigate and pursue criminal charges, Poucher said.

Shelia Ramona Hodges, 46, and Kierra Fontae Leach, 26, both of 2707 Pheiffer Drive, Brandon Earl McLean, 25, of 2900 Bethune Drive, and Lela Devonetta Murray, 55, of 3201 Edwards Mill Road, each face a felony charge of voter fraud. District Attorney Colon Willoughby said more arrests are possible.

"One of the bedrocks of our democracy is that we have fair and open elections, and I think this goes to the fabric of fairness and the public's perception of the credibility of open elections," Willoughby said.

The charges carry a maximum sentence of 15 months in prison.

Warrants state that Hodges and McLean both cast early ballots at Chavis Heights Community Center and then voted on Election Day at their regular polling places. Meanwhile, Leach filed a "no-excuse absentee ballot" on Oct. 29, 2008, and then voted six days later at a polling place on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, according to an arrest warrant.

Poucher said the large turnout in 2008 made it difficult for precinct workers to check off all of the early voters from the rolls of eligible voters.

Voter turnout in the 2008 election was 69 percent statewide, which officials said was one of the highest in decades. Democrat Barack Obama defeated Republican John McCain by fewer than 15,000 votes out of more than 4.3 million ballots cast in the presidential race in North Carolina.

Murray voted on Election Day last November at the Green Road Park Community Center and then cast a provisional ballot at Stough Elementary School, an arrest warrant states.

McLean and his fiancee Leach admit to participating in early voting in the 2008 election. Unsure about the process on Election Day, they said they went to the polls to make sure their vote counted.

"I was confused and did not know," McLean said. "This is my second time voting for a president in my life."

Leach said she even told a poll worker about it.

"We told her we had already early voted, and we just wanted to make sure it counted," Leach said. "She said, 'If you have a ballot, then go ahead and vote.' And that is what we did. We did not think anything of it."

McLean said they were not trying to cheat the system.

After this ordeal, McLean said he thinks voting should be simplified and have tougher checks and balances.

Republican lawmakers backed legislation this year calling for voters to present photo identification before casting ballots, saying the requirement would combat voter fraud. Democrats argued that cases of voter fraud were rare and that the ID requirement would only add a hurdle for many voters, such as college students, the elderly and the poor.

Gov. Beverly Perdue vetoed the voter ID bill, and the House fell short last month in its effort to override the veto.

Willoughby said the charges against the four don't involve a case of someone voting under someone else's name, which the ID legislation targeted.

Poucher said the Wake County elections board referred fewer than 10 names to prosecutors in 2008-10 for suspected voter fraud, which she said proves that the existing system works.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/politics/story/9984810/

April

Sixth Wake resident charged with voter fraud

RALEIGH (WTVD) -- Authorities charged a sixth Wake County resident with voter fraud Tuesday. Five others were arrested and charged last week.

Leland Lewis, an 89-year-old World War II veteran is accused of voting twice in a 2010 election to prove a point.

"It's pathetic," Lewis said describing North Carolina's election system.

Lewis said his motivation to vote twice was to make a point.
    "In fact, I've talked to two people who called me this afternoon who work at the polls and they said it's pretty pathetic," he added.

Lewis's story stems back to last October when he says he arrived at the Optimistic Center in Raleigh to vote early.

"I said, 'Oh, I'm going to vote the front side,' so I voted the front side and deposited it," Lewis said.

Days later on Election Day, he showed up at his regular precinct at Saint Raphael's Catholic Church where he said officials told him, "'Yeah, you can vote,' so I took a ballot and marked the backside of it."

After providing his personal info and casting a second ballot, he purposely alerted a precinct official.

"I told her what I did figuring that she's going to report this, which she should, that's her job and maybe I'd get a call," Lewis explained. "I didn't get a call."

Lewis contends he contacted elections officials numerous times after that day but didn't have much success.

He used two occasions to vote once since he marked opposite sides of the ballot.

"I'm trying to contact these people," Lewis said. "I'm not hiding anything."

Still, it landed him in jail. He posted a $10,000 cash bond one day after his 89th birthday.

"This system's broken, I voted already, and I shouldn't be able to get another ballot," Lewis said.

The other Wake residents accused of fraud were arrested last week. Four of them are charged with voting twice in the 2008 presidential election.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?secti ... id=8312698

April
    Raleigh man arrested in voter fraud sweep

BY CRAIG JARVIS - STAFF WRITER
    Tags: Wake County | Raleigh | crime and safety | voter fraud sweep | Leland Duane Lewis
    RALEIGH -- Another person has been arrested in the Wake County voter fraud sweep - an 89-year-old Raleigh man who said he tried to alert elections officials to a fault in their system.

Leland Duane Lewis said he had voted only one side of the ballot at an early-voting station at Optimist Park in West Raleigh on Oct. 29. When he later realized what he had done, he went to his regular precinct on Election Day and requested another ballot, which poll workers gave him.

Lewis said he filled out the other side of the ballot and on the way out told poll workers what he had done, assuming they would report it. Lewis said he called the county elections office several times in weeks that followed and left messages to report it himself, but never heard back until Gary Sims, the deputy director of the Board of Elections, called him to say officials had discovered he had voted twice.

"I voted with two ballots, but only once, really," Lewis said. "Half and half is one."

Lewis, a registered Republican, said his case illustrates there's problem. "I think I showed the system is broken," Lewis said.

But elections officials say that's just the kind of thing that they catch every election.

Cherie Poucher, the county elections director, said she couldn't comment on specific cases, other than to say Lewis' case and that of four registered Democrats who were arrested last week came after the cases were reviewed by the county elections board and the state board, which referred them to prosecutors.

District Attorney Colon Willoughby said at the time that nine arrest warrants had been issued for double voting dating to the 2008 presidential election. The cases do not involve people trying to vote using others' names, and so would not have been prevented if photo identification were required. Some of those arrested said they were unsure if their first ballots had counted and were told by poll workers they could still vote.

It's nothing unusual

Willoughby and Poucher have said there are always a handful of voting irregularities referred for prosecution after every election cycle, although there may have been more than usual after the 2008 presidential election because of the higher turnout. But these cases follow a passionate debate over a bill the General Assembly passed this year requiring photo identification at the polls. Legislators failed to override the governor's veto of the bill, but Republicans have kept it alive for another override attempt later.

Another test in 2008

Lewis, who retired from IBM 25 years ago and has lived in the same house for 45 years, said he tested the system back in 2008. He said he voted early in that election, and then on Election Day, for the heck of it, stopped by his polling place to see if he could vote and was told he could. "No I can't!" Lewis said he scolded the poll workers, and didn't cast a second ballot.

Lewis said he didn't hear anything more until Friday, when a sheriff's deputy called him to say he had a summons to turn himself in Wednesday. Lewis, who turned 89 on Tuesday, said he was waiting for his son to drive him to the Wake County Public Safety Center on Wednesday, when a Raleigh policeman showed up at his door about 8:30 a.m., arrested him and drove him to jail.

Court records show that a subpoena was issued Friday for Lewis to appear before a magistrate on Monday. On Wednesday, Lewis was booked into the jail and released after posting a $10,000 cash bond. He was ordered to be in court today.

"They're going to let you vote and then they're going to catch you," Lewis said. "When you vote once, the system should know that and you should not vote again. I don't believe in double votes. That's not right. But there's something wrong when they permit that.

"If 10,000 people did what I did, it would be 10,000 more ballots than votes. Stop and think about that one."

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/08/18/ ... z1VQHuR5vH

April

Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast