Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALIPAC Alert: Immigration Forum in Greenville, NC U R needed

ALIPAC Note: I'm outnumbered by the panelists here and neither the ECU Sociology Dept or League of Women Voters is on our side. We need as many ALIPAC supporters as possible to attend this event to support our side!

Public Forum on US Immigration Policy
    Wed. Oct 11, 2006
    Brody Auditorium, Greenville, NC
    7-9PM

East Carolina Department of Sociology and the League of Women Voters –Pitt County host “US Immigration Policy: A Public Forum” October 11th at Brody Auditorium.

East Carolina Department of Sociology and the League of Women Voters – Pitt County are pleased to host a free community event “US Immigration Policy: A Public Forum” set for 7-9 p.m. Wednesday, October 11th 2006 at Brody Auditorium, Brody School of Medicine, 600 Moye Blvd., Greenville NC.

The event is free and open to the public. Free parking available.

The following panelists will present information and take questions about immigration issues, policy and law from the audience. William Gheen, President of Americans for Legal Immigration (ALI-PAC) and ECU Alumni; Adelcio Lugo, Hispanic Liaison for Self-Help a non-profit community development financial institution; Dr. Lee Maril,*ECU Professor of Sociology, Chair, Author of "Patrolling Chaos: The U.S. Border Patrol in Deep South Texas"; Jeremy L. McKinney, Immigration and Naturalization Lawyer; Leticia Zavala, Organizer for FLOC, Farm Labor Organizing Committee, AFL-CIO. The event will be moderated by Annette Newell, Anchorperson, WNCT TV Channel 9.

The League of Women Voters, a nonpartisan political organization, has fought since 1920 to improve our systems of government and impact public policies through citizen education and advocacy. The League's enduring vitality and resonance comes from its unique decentralized structure. The League is a grassroots organization, working at the national, state and local levels.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

US IMMIGRATION POLICY: A PUBLIC FORUM

Hosted by
    East Carolina University Department of Sociology
    and The League of Women Voters - Pitt County

Wednesday, October 11, 2006
    7-9 PM
    Brody Auditorium
    (located in the Brody School of Medicine,
    ECU West Campus, 600 Moye Blvd., Greenville)

Free and Open to the Public

This public forum will feature panel members presenting information and answering questions
    from the audience about current immigration policies, laws and issues in the USA.

The moderator for the event is Annette Newell, Anchorperson for WNCT Channel 9.

Panel members in alphabetical order include:
    William Gheen: President of Americans for Legal Immigration (ALI-PAC) and ECU Alumni
    Adelcio Lugo: Hispanic Liaison for Self-Help a community development financial institution
    Dr. Lee Maril: ECU Professor of Sociology, Chair, and author of Patrolling Chaos: The U.S.
    Border Patrol in Deep South Texas
    Jeremy L. McKinney, Immigration and Naturalization Lawyer
    Leticia Zavala, Representative for FLOC, Farm Labor Organizing Committee, AFL-CIO

For more information, call Dr. Rebecca Powers, 252-328-4885
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Man, I wish I could be there but it's a long way from Atlanta.

I'll be there in SPIRIT, though.

Good luck, W!

I plan on being there tomorrow.

You are out numbered. Good Luck!

North Carolina is just too far from Central Florida.

I will be there!

D.W.
    D.W.

Hey David and John! Glad you two are coming down for this. I will PM ya so we can talk on the phone before the event.

W

FAT thumbs!!

anyway...sorry been out of touch....too much personal stuff going on and work is gotten out of hand...

What ashame....I just bought a nice new suit for the event

I will try the mother thing...

good luck folks Nancy

Too far away....

Seems I wrote another post but did not make it....

I wish desperately if I could go..but could did not plain accordingly....normally I could use the cover that "I have to work the second job..." but my husband would give me the 3rd degree if I went to an event that far away...

have great time guys...next time more notice and events should be planned on weekends!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast