Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senor KylNoMas is absolutely right! My friends too are all over the map on their choices for the election. Have never seen such chaos in this country about anything till this election. Many are confused about what the candidates really stand for and even if they are honest and/or trustworthy. Many, as have I, switched their allegiance several times and now feel left with nothing. I resigned from being a supporter of the RNC in no uncertain terms even before the primaries started and yet they continue to send me pleas for money. By the way I have been a member of Alipac since Feb. 2007 and am NOT a new recruit. I worked long and hard last year against illegal immigration. I will continue to do so as long as there is breath in me.

I think our only hope is to get behind Lou Dobbs, (who represents most of Ron Paul's views), only he does it in a better way. Why else would he keep pressing people to become Independent? He rails against the two party system, but so far an Independent doesn't have anyone else to vote for, so I hope that HE "steps out of the shadows" and makes a run NOW! He needs all the time he has left if he really wants it. It is very easy to throw stones at both parties, (which he does quite well), but someone should make him aware that if HE really has the answers, HE NEEDS TO GET IT ON! It is his DUTY to US!
    <div>All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men and women do nothing!</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Patrioticpatti
    I think our only hope is to get behind Lou Dobbs, (who represents most of Ron Paul's views), only he does it in a better way. Why else would he keep pressing people to become Independent? He rails against the two party system, but so far an Independent doesn't have anyone else to vote for, so I hope that HE "steps out of the shadows" and makes a run NOW! He needs all the time he has left if he really wants it. It is very easy to throw stones at both parties, (which he does quite well), but someone should make him aware that if HE really has the answers, HE NEEDS TO GET IT ON! It is his DUTY to US!

Couldn't agree more. Lou Dobbs (or Mitt Romney) would both be excellent on an Independent ticket and give millions of Americans a place to vote where their beliefs are.....and that is that the two-party system is totally broken. Oh, there are others.......the brilliant Newt Gingrich, Duncan Hunter, etc........but can they win?

With Dobbs and Romney though, who surely could win, the question remains will either run? Romney seems to think that by running as an Independent, a Democrat will get into the white house. I do not agree. In fact by his not running he is increasing Democratic chances. The Democrats have slyly stated that Mc Cain would be the worst for them to oppose because they know quite the opposite.......it is Romney who can beat them. And just as soon as these Democrats get their act together they are going to start to attack McCain viciously as being too old for the office, wanting to stay in Iraq for a hundred years, and having a hair-trigger temper.

The integrity surrounding Lou Dobbs would also present an excellent Independent populist run, and I believe that in his thoughts he is a lot more conservative than anything else. But Lou seems to believe, if I read him correctly, that you need a lot more time then he would be afforded to run at this point. I do not agree. Most Americans are now neither Democrat or Republican, they are Independent. They are Independent because they have had "a belly full" of both of the traditional parties. To this rank add the millions of conservative Republicans who will have nothing to do with Mc Cain. It is time, long past time for an Independent candidate, expressing our views, to step forward.

A member said:

People here have a point about Ron Paul having so much support, and yet this was not born out at the polls. I voted in Ga. on electronic machines with no paper trail. I highly suspect that votes were sabotaged. I think that we, as a nation must make a concerted effort to get more organized and stand on street corners, if necessary, to make the average person aware of the need and outcry for paper ballets, and armed citizen's militias to stand guard until they are counted.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XX
    Sorry, I don't know how to embed those boxes for replies.

I agree there may welll have been problems with electronic voting.

uropeans raised the issue after NH - saying that there were major descrepancies in the Clinton vote. And before NH everyone was saying that their Diebold system was the easiest to hack. What it the Neo Cons fooled with the Dem vote to give it to Clinton, and the Repupb vote to gie it to McCain?

I don't see how McCain with his war stance could win in NH - it runs counter to their culture there. And I think the GOP would rather run against Hilliary than Obama. Blacks have been talking about leaving the gop due to its support of Hispanics, but if Obama is the candidate that is off the table.

Also S. Carolina is a state with one of the strictest pro American immigration laws. How did McCain win? The mlitary bases may explain it, but it sure seems odd.[/img]
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

Ron Paul

On some issue Paul is right on.

But the has a major problem. For years he was the owner of an extremely racist periodical. He says he was not involved in the writing of those aricles, and that could be true, but his name was on the masthead. There is no possible way he could ever be elected to national office once those articles were reprinted. Nor should he. If those magizines did not reflect his views, he should have sold it before it started sounding like the mouthpiece for the KKK.

How about Bloomberg/Romney?
    Take a stand or all there will be left to do is to ask the last person in the country we once called America to lower the flag one last time.

McCain flip flops like a gymanst

Of course McCain who was anti constitutional amendment for abortion and for gay marriage has now changed his mind

Why don't we change his mind about amnesty?. He left his options open - he has no clear program. So if his amnesty program is amensty for all those who have been in the USA at least 15 years, paid taxes the whole time, paid all their hospital bills, did not engage in id theft, broke no other laws in the USA other than the initial entry... can get citizenship, after spending 2 years in jail for illegal entryand waiting until all legal immigrants are in the USA, and then the numbers cannot exceed the normal quota and count towards the quota. Plus there would be a constitutional amendment that no more amensties could ever be given.

In order words - maybe 1,000 people get amnesty. All the rest either self deport or if caught spend 10 years in jail then get deported.

Bloomberg praises Bush, McCain, and Huckabee on immigration. He is not our guy!
    McCain stills says he would sign The McCain/Kennedy plan if it hit his desk as President.
    I do not think Lou Dobbs will run. I hope I am wrong. I think Bloomberg will run. I don't think he will get too many conservatives because of his stand on immigration and the Second Amendment.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567