Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALIPAC Launches Stop Burr from Passing Amnesty Campaign

ALIPAC Launches 'Stop Burr from Passing Amnesty' Campaign

June 25, 2007

CONTACT: William Gheen of ALIPAC, (866) 329-3999 or Press@alipac.us

Americans for Legal Immigration PAC President, William Gheen is leaving Raleigh, at 3am on Monday morning, on an emergency mission to Washington, in an effort to convince Senator Richard Burr not to make the tragic mistake of voting YES on CLOTURE for the Senate Amnesty bill, which could lead to the bills passage.

"I want to speak with Senator Burr for 15 minutes, before he votes, to make sure he has the national and North Carolina polls that show a super majority of his constituents oppose this bill and want our existing laws enforced instead," says William Gheen of ALIPAC. "I do not know if Senator Burr will speak with me, as he declined my request for a meeting during the break. He has been meeting with trade groups that support the bill. I plan to camp out in the hallway outside his office Monday and Tuesday, until I get an audience with Senator Burr."

William Gheen will be interviewed live on many talk radio shows in North Carolina, and across the nation, during his Vigil outside of Burr's offices. Talk radio listeners and Internet bloggers will get regular updates on this effort to reach Burr and deliver important information before he votes.

Mr. Gheen wants Senator Burr to listen to the vast majority of people of North Carolina and stand with them in opposition to the special interest groups that are pushing the Amnesty bill.

"These numerous polls show exactly what Americans want Burr to do. I am trying to carry the voice of the people to Burr," says Gheen. "We need Senator Burr to stop negotiating with big business lobbyists, which are pushing this amnesty bill. If he votes yes on cloture and this bill passes, Senator Burr is committing political suicide. He will be proclaiming that the voice of American citizens now means nothing and big business rules America!"

National Review Magazine has indicated that Burr is one of the key Senators, in which Amnesty supporters need to vote Yes on Cloture. Burr has stated he will support the bill, if they add a ridiculous touchback provision to make illegal aliens leave America for a day and quickly return.

William Gheen hopes to present the following polls and points to Senator Burr before he casts Cloture votes on Tuesday June 25.

-- Please come back to North Carolina and speak with citizens across the state before voting on this bill, so you can learn where people stand on the issue. They deserve to be able to meet with you. You have only been meeting with business leaders.

-- We need you to focus on the health of the American political system first and foremost. The American majority must be respected and we need to stop Bush from arbitrarily enforcing our existing laws, instead of changing laws to suit big business and illegal aliens.

-- Every Senator that has visibly supported this bill has crashing poll numbers! Senator Burr supports John McCain for President and McCain has fallen from first place to fourth place, in the GOP primary. McCain will never be President due to his support for this bill.

-- Senator Lindsay Graham's (R-SC) approval levels have fallen to only 31% with a 40% disapproval rating according to Insider Advantage.

-- Gallup polling reports that approval ratings for Congress have fallen to the historic low of 14% due to the immigration reform efforts of Congress.

-- Rasmussen reports that the falling poll numbers for members of Congress and the President are tied to this immigration bill. Support levels for this bill have fallen from 26 to 23 to less than 20% with time.

-- Amnesty bill front man, Harry Reid (D-NV) has fallen to only 14% support in his home state.

-- Zogby poll finds that only 3% of Americans approve of how the Senate is trying to handle this issue and only 9% of Americans approve of President Bush's handling of the matter!

-- The NC based organization, JWP Civitas' June poll found that 68% of NC citizens feel this bill is AMNESTY, 81% believe "SECURE THE BORDERS AND ENFORCE EXISTING IMMIGRATION LAWS TO PREVENT ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION BEFORE NEW IMMIGRATION LAWS PRESENTLY BEING DEBATED IN CONGRESS ARE PASSED?"

-- The touchback provision is a con job. Americans want illegal aliens to leave, but not for just a day!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good Luck W and God Speed!

I am glad you are going to represent our voices!
    I will keep you in my prayers this week for a safe and successful venture!
    Thanks for keeping the pressure on.

JAK
    William, should we call Senator Burr requesting him to meet with you????
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    The man has received a lot of my attention over the last several months. I've called, emailed, and faxed the man until I'm sick of writing and saying his name. Heck, I even sent him to snail mail letters pleading for his support against illegal immigration and amnesty.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Remember his disregard during the next election when he is begging for every vote he can scrounge up!

Good luck. Poor guy. He's getting special ALIPAC treatment. Not good news for him!!

We are proud of you William for taking the message directly to the culprits.

May you have safe travel and a productive outcome - NO to amnesty and NO to cloture

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

I wish to thank you, William, for travelling to Washington and speaking up for the American people. If anyone can make Senator Burr listen, I believe that you can. God bless, and Godspeed.

From an American citizen in Kansas

Thank you William for standing up for us. Let him know his constituents will vot him out out of office in 2010 if he betrays us.

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Hope you get him to listen William. You will represent us unhappy American citizens in the best way.
    (P.S. sometimes you sound like Jeff Sessions. Did anybody ever tell you that? )

----------------

and a very big welcome to ALIPAC Bronwyn! Glad to have you with us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast