Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    I will try to keep my cool on this as I have talked with various members in the GA. As I was told it may take a couple tries to get it right.

Getting hot headed and calling them names will not help us at all.

Honestly, you have to look at other states that have gone through this same thing and they have had to back up and regroup several times also. If they did not get it right they were threatened by law suits and other actions from ACLU,LaRaza, or just other pro-illegal groups.

I think we need to give them awhile on this as they are already on version #6 (as #4 was the winner so far)
    this was what i was implying above basically. the senators that i have talked to have already been turned off by these "rabid contacts" for those of you knuckleheads that have the nerv to call an office and cuss somebody out you have to realize what that does for the cause. not a dam good thing. emails are the same way, probably deleted by secretary and nobody ever knows about it.
    i really disagree with the way gheen handled this whole thing.

Welcome to ALIPAC heddroxx
    and stanleyM
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I don't know about anyone else, but I would never cuss anyone out. I have also seen though, that it helps to be firm. If we are not firm, and if we accept it when they tell us a bald-faced lie, then they think they are putting one over on us, and I am sick and tired of them getting away with that!

Besides, if they are deleting emails and ignoring calls, then should we not bother? I don't think so! I for one refuse to go down without a fight!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    Quote Originally Posted by imblest
    From the bill, actual text--
    The following definitions apply in this Article:

(1) Contractor. – A person or entity that employs at least 25 full-time employees and that contracts with a public entity for construction or repair work.
    (4) Subcontractor. – Any person or entity that employs at least 25 full-time employees, other than a contractor, who furnishes construction or repair work to a contractor or another subcontractor with a good faith and reasonable belief that the work was furnished as part of a contract between a contractor and a public entity. This term includes any person who meets this definition regardless of the tier of the subcontractor.
    This is a huge part of the problem, that they say the subcontractor employs at least 25 full time employees. I understand that many subcontractors employ less than 25 and so are exempt from the E-verify requirement. This is where many of the illegals are employed, with subcontractors doing carpentry, drywall, painting, plumbing, etc. So by including this provision, the bill is rendered almost useless against the illegals who are taking the jobs!

Also, this appears to only apply to contractors and subcontractors who are doing business with state, county, and local governments, leaving out all other employers in the state.

Basically, it is a way for legislators to say, "See, we voted against illegal immigration," when in fact, they voted for big business and agriculture and against North Carolinians! You see that in Berger's note saying, "Sen. Berger is unequivocally opposed to illegal immigration and committed to enforcing our laws."
    Imblest, what you said there hits the nail on the head. There are a lot of contractors and subs out there who only have a handful or less of employees - they're exempt and they are the ones working the illegals. Matter of fact, they may have one or two LEGAL aliens and all the rest are illegals paid under the table or working off someone else's documents.

I took my son to get his learner's permit the other day and there's a older white farmer in there trying to get his 2 mexicans a NC driver's license. He was raising sand because the examiner wouldn't give them a NC permit using their mexican driver's license as proof they know how to drive. Unreal.
    Yes my son is the only citizen in a roofing company with 10 employees! This is how they plan to get away with this!

Well I'll say this vs the whole cussing at them. There are those politicians who will listen and then think on the issues we say so cussing at them isn't needed and just hurts those arguments. However there are many politicians which comprise often the main ones we are trying to contact to get them to switch off their ridiculous pro illegal stance and if we're polite or rude either way they will ignore us. Now with those who simply don't care about citizens being respectful and polite does nothing but if we can put enough fear in them with enough hostile comments and political threats and such there is still a chance with enough a couple might give in. After all what they DO care about is their own future and money and if they feel really threatened with that then the hostility may do some good.

But seriously who here really thinks we can call up Reid's office, Obama's office, or any Dem or RINO in office and really have them listen and then think to our arguement? I've numerous times written mail, email, and left phone messages for my Senate Reps in Minnesota (both Dem) and my Representative (Keith Ellison) and the Senate reps don't even reply back EVER and Ellison all he ever says is thanks for my opinion which he doesn't share. Really think my continueing to be polite will make a difference with these traitors? Only thing they care about is their own money and political power and they KNOW that most Americans are just sheeple who ignore it all.

Well I'll say this vs the whole cussing at them. There are those politicians who will listen and then think on the issues we say so cussing at them isn't needed and just hurts those arguments. However there are many politicians which comprise often the main ones we are trying to contact to get them to switch off their ridiculous pro illegal stance and if we're polite or rude either way they will ignore us. Now with those who simply don't care about citizens being respectful and polite does nothing but if we can put enough fear in them with enough hostile comments and political threats and such there is still a chance with enough a couple might give in. After all what they DO care about is their own future and money and if they feel really threatened with that then the hostility may do some good.

But seriously who here really thinks we can call up Reid's office, Obama's office, or any Dem or RINO in office and really have them listen and then think to our arguement? I've numerous times written mail, email, and left phone messages for my Senate Reps in Minnesota (both Dem) and my Representative (Keith Ellison) and the Senate reps don't even reply back EVER and Ellison all he ever says is thanks for my opinion which he doesn't share. Really think my continueing to be polite will make a difference with these traitors? Only thing they care about is their own money and political power and they KNOW that most Americans are just sheeple who ignore it all.

ok well in NC, i have watched annexation reform, medical malpractice, education reform and a few other issues change and morph as new info comes in and as lawmakers have a chance to talk to their constituents. at what point do you think a state senator will reconsider his vote? do you think its after a few dozen people yell and scream at him and accuse him of pro illegal alien, calling them traitors? especially when we are identified with the group.
    the only reason why i implied that it wont do any good is because of what has already happened in NC and alipac. bridges are burned and any political capital that we had is now gone. our group has good numbers and could have made a real positive difference IF things were handled differently.
    you know you cant get shit done unless you have a seat at the table. now we have a permenent spot at the kids table in NC cause the opportunity got shitted away. i dont know about yall but i want to make a difference in my state

Quote Originally Posted by stanleyM
    you know you cant get V****V done unless you have a seat at the table. now we have a permenent spot at the kids table in NC cause the opportunity got shitted away. i dont know about yall but i want to make a difference in my state
    "Call these back stabbing traitors what they are and let them know you know and let them know they're constiuents will know what we know!"

"Kids table!" ask Orion Hatch how we do business, kissin' they're asses doesn't seem to work and illegals piss and moan and get what ever they want, well it's our turn there stanley the only difference is we're strapped with facts, obviously you weren't here during the last dream act that passed the house and we killed it in the senate! I eat my lunch on the roof!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123