Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April
    YAHOOO WE DID IT PATRIOTS!!!

To:
    Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 18:31:37 -0400

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns on SB09-170. I openly welcome comments from constituents. I am glad to inform you that I did not support SB09-170. After a lengthy debate SB09-170 was defeated on the Colorado Senate floor today. Please continue to feel free to contact me regarding any future legislation or issues that may arise.

Sincerely,

Senator Shawn Mitchell

We still have a vote to wait on in Arkansas tomorrow, but it appears that we have won in Arkansas, New Jersey, and Colorado!

I can hardly wait to put out the announcement nationally.

These are nails in the coffin of the Dream Act Amnesty 2009.

We can quickly use our victories in these three states to take care of some business in CA, WI, and RI!

Then we take down the Dream Act Amnesty and push for enforcement legislation across the nation!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April

This email came in from Sen. Mike Kopp:

Dear XXXXX,

Together we did it. Today we defeated SB 170—the in-state tuition for illegal immigrants bill. We couldn’t have done it without your support. Thank you!

Mike

Has anyone heard about Arkansas in-state tuition for this week?

It was defeated!

http://www.arkansas.gov/senate/newsroom ... ews_id=143

On Monday, Apr 6, 2009

Quote:
    The Senate defeated SB 799, legislation to allow undocumented immigrants to pay in-state tuition if they are Arkansas high school graduates. It prompted the most impassioned debate of the session in the Senate. It failed on a 13-to21 vote.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

thats great about the SB799 Arkansas bill, but not sure if its really fully Dead. The legislation log shows "Recommended for study in the Interim Committee on Education" -- whatever that is.

SB799 in Arkansas was sent back to the Interim Committee for Education, which mean it has been defeated for 2009. Good news, certainly.

There is little doubt it will return next session as Joyce Elliott seems to have been emboldened by the support this bill has received from some in the business community and from Arkansas Friendship Coalition.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345