Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/station/as ... geles.html

It doesn't show the anarcy sign though.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

Thank you JohnnyYuma.

They are reporting that the closing of roads is currently taking place. They are preparing for the riot.

It is late on the East Coast, and it must be dark in California too, at 8:30 P.M.

Matthew 11:28, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Westlake, Los Angeles

From Wikipedia, Neighborhood of Los Angeles —

Westlake
    Location within Los Angeles
    Coordinates: 34°03′35″N 118°16′29″W / 34.05972°N 118.27472°W / 34.05972; -118.27472Coordinates: 34°03′35″N 118°16′29″W / 34.05972°N 118.27472°W / 34.05972; -118.27472
    Country United States
    State California
    County County of Los Angeles
    City City of Los Angeles
    Government
    - City Council Ed Reyes, Eric Garcetti, Tom LaBonge, Herb Wesson
    - State Assembly Mike Davis (D)
    - State Senate Gil Cedillo (D), Curren Price (D)
    - U.S. House Lucille Roybal-Allard (D
    Area[1]
    - Total 2.7 sq mi (7 km2)
    Population (2008)[1]
    - Total 117,756
    - Density 38,212/sq mi (14,753.7/km2)
    Population changes significantly depending on areas included and recent growth.
    ZIP Code 90057
    Area code(s) 213

Westlake is a neighborhood in Los Angeles, California. It should not be confused with Westlake Village, an independent municipality in Los Angeles County near Thousand Oaks and close to the Ventura County line.

Westlake derives its name from the lake in what is now MacArthur Park.

[edit] Geography and transportation
    Westlake, which includes Pico-Union, is bordered by Downtown Los Angeles on the southeast, I-10 Santa Monica Freeway on the south, Koreatown on the west, Virgil Village on the north, and Echo Park on the northeast. Its boundaries are roughly the 101-Hollywood Freeway on the northeast, the 110-Harbor Freeway on the southeast, Olympic Boulevard on the south, and Hoover Street on the west. One major subdistrict includes Lafayette Square.

Principal thoroughfares include Beverly, Wilshire, Olympic and Rampart Boulevards and Alvarado, Temple, Hoover, and Third Streets. The district is served by the Hollywood and Harbor Freeways. Metro Red Line and Purple Line subway trains run through the district on their way to Hollywood and Koreatown, respectively. Both lines include a stop at the Westlake/MacArthur Park Station.

[edit] History
    One of the first areas of Los Angeles west of Figueroa Street to see residential development, by the 1920s Westlake resembled the Upper East Side of Manhattan (complete with a large Jewish population). Wealthy businessmen commuted to downtown, Wilshire Center (now Koreatown), Hollywood, and the Miracle Mile from the district's Spanish Revival and Art Deco mansions. The district's less affluent northeastern blocks also became the home of Los Angeles' Filipino population, much of which remains in Westlake and nearby neighborhoods to this day.

Westlake suffered greatly from the abandonment of the numerous streetcar lines serving the district and the construction of Los Angeles' network of freeways in the 1950s. By the 1960s, virtually all of its white population had decamped to the West Side or the suburbs, replaced with transients who had been pushed out of Bunker Hill by "urban renewal" in the 1950s, and Mexican-Americans in the 50s and 60s, who themselves moved out for suburbs by the middle 1970s. Most of Westlake's elegant mansions were subdivided into apartments at this time, and many of its Beaux-Arts apartment buildings became residential hotels. Meanwhile, MacArthur Park became notorious for its narcotics dealers, heroin addicts, and prostitutes.

In the 1980s Westlake became the home of Los Angeles' vibrant but severely impoverished Salvadoran and Guatemalan community, exiles from the civil wars in Central America at the time, and which was drawn to the area's cheap housing and proximity to Salvadoran and Guatemalan consulates [2]. The concurrent development of adjacent Bunker Hill as a major commercial district provided many of the newcomers with employment in the garment industry and service industries.

[edit] Modern Westlake
    Westlake is one of the most densely populated neighborhoods in Los Angeles, with a population density of 38,212 persons/mile²[1]. While less severe than in the 1980s, crime in Westlake remains a problem. It has become a popular destination for illegal immigrants, playing host to numerous vendors of phony driver's licenses, work permits, and Social Security cards. Westlake is one of the least diverse areas in the city with 73.4% of the population being Latino[3]. The next largest group being Asian at 16.4% of the population. El Salvador(17.2%) and Mexico(36.8%) are the most common foreign places of birth for residents. Westlake gained greater notoriety in the late 1990s from the Rampart scandal that rocked the Los Angeles Police Department.

The California real estate boom that began in the early 2000s has brought some gentrification to Westlake. Korean immigrants, priced out of increasingly expensive Koreatown, have begun to establish themselves in the district. Several major residential developments, most notably The Medici(an apartment complex notably popular among students at the University of Southern California), have been built in the district, and a large office tower at 1100 Wilshire has undergone conversion into a high-end condominium in late 2006. Korean Air's United States Passenger Operations headquarters are located in the Westlake community.[4] The district's economic revitalization remains slow and fitful with crime remaining a major concern.

[edit] Emergency services

The New Rampart Police Station[edit] Fire service
    Los Angeles Fire Department Station 11 is in the area.

[edit] Police service
    Los Angeles Police Department operates the Rampart Community Police Station, which was located at 2710 West Temple Street, 90026, serving the neighborhood [1]. It has since moved east into a newly constructed facility at 1401 West 6th Street, the site of the former emergency receiving hospital.

[edit] Education

Esperanza Elementary SchoolWestlake is served by the Los Angeles Unified School District.

Belmont High School and Miguel Contreras Learning Complex serve Westlake. Esperanza Elementary School and the newly opened John H. Liechty Middle School are located in the neighborhood.

Much of its school-age population must be bussed to schools in the San Fernando Valley and Glendale, owing to delays in the construction of the Belmont Learning Center (west of the Harbor Freeway at 1st and Beaudry) and overcrowding at the area's other schools.

[edit] Other Education
    The Centro Latino for Literacy whose goal is to teach Latino immigrants to read and write is located at 1709 W. 8th Street, Suite A.

[edit] Attractions

The first Original Tommy's hamburgers at the corner of Beverly & RampartIn addition to MacArthur Park, Westlake plays host to a number of Los Angeles landmarks. In the 1980s, a former Pacific Electric tunnel near 1st Street, the Belmont Tunnel / Toluca Substation and Yard, became a famous canvas for graffiti artists, drawing visitors from around the world. The tunnel entrance and the yard around it have been demolished and a large apartment/condo complex called Belmont Station Apartments has been built at the site. Just north of this site on the other side of the 2nd Street/Beverly Viaduct is the Bob Baker Marionette Theater. Founded in 1963 by Bob Baker and Alton Wood, it is the longest-running puppet theatre in the country as well as the oldest children's theatre company in Los Angeles.

Numerous Los Angeles culinary landmarks also lie within the neighborhood. One of the few reminders of the area's Jewish history is Langer's Deli at 7th and Alvarado Streets, a delicatessen whose hot pastrami sandwiches have been declared the finest in the United States by The New Yorker (a publication not especially known for its love of Los Angeles). The first American location of Mexican restaurant chain El Pollo Loco opened on Alvarado in 1980, just north of 6th Street. Finally, the first Original Tommy's hamburger stand still operates at the corner of Beverly and Rampart Boulevards.

Westlake School for Girls (later Harvard-Westlake) was founded in the Westlake neighborhood in 1904. The school moved from the Westlake location to Holmby Hills in 1927 but retained its original name taken from the neighborhood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westlake,_Los_Angeles
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Gets dark here around 7:30 so very dark in LA now.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Heres the commie party video.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local ... 20239.html

It just came to me some how, I can't explain it. I actually went to do something else, and viola.

Got this from an e-mail from an e-mail buddy who lives in the Santa Clarita...just north of L.A.

What I heard is that the 'trouble makers' were bused into the neighborhood... some radical group that supports illegals and their causes. They are getting lots of interviews and personal accounts of what happened that afternoon. There are some people that were interviewed and saying they police threw this guy down on the ground and shot him "execution style" .. yeah right. As if that would happen here in the US, with all these witnesses, cameras, news crews, sure! Maybe back in their home country of Mexico or Guatemala, and yes, that's exactly what happens, but not here!!!

I heard the Police Chief say the officer was a bicycle cop, on his way to another radio call with his partner, then was diverted here for public safety. He is a hispanic cop, 12 years in LAPD and fluent in Spanish and English. He yelled the warning to drop the weapon in both languages, several times, but the guy was so drunk and unruly, he just lunged at the cop with the knife in his hand..The officer had no choice but to protect himself & shoot.
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    Thank you JohnnyYuma.

They are reporting that the closing of roads is currently taking place. They are preparing for the riot.

It is late on the East Coast, and it must be dark in California too, at 8:30 P.M.

Matthew 11:28, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
    No problem, thanks.

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    LAPD just shut down West 6th St and Union in Westlake and moved in a big police presence. Protesters at this site have now scattered. Helicopter overhead and police units on rooftops. Police were able to make a few arrests in this unlawful assembly of protesters on both sides of the streets that were getting violent and threw bottles and other things at police. Skirmish lines set up.

This is a 3rd night assembly of protesters that is in the same location as the previous two nights of violence. It is just a few blocks from the meeting that Chief Beck is holding at the school and where there are over 300 people, many angry and booing him.

Gang member types tried to light fire, push dumpster under building. It would have burned it down. Frozen water bottles.

Evening of unrest. Fire on Channel 9.

Radio host, "Don't go down there, you do not want to get killed."

"Biggest prison without walls - Los Angeles"

Matthew 11:28 , it is written, " Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

grandmasmad wrote:
    I heard the Police Chief say the officer was a bicycle cop, on his way to another radio call with his partner, then was diverted here for public safety. He is a hispanic cop, 12 years in LAPD and fluent in Spanish and English. He yelled the warning to drop the weapon in both languages, several times, but the guy was so drunk and unruly, he just lunged at the cop with the knife in his hand..The officer had no choice but to protect himself & shoot.
    Nothing will satisfy the mob. They believe that they have the power and the truth.

Matthew 11:28 , it is written, " Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast