Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

bsb

I figured it would be quick - Mr. Daniels is probably the most accessible star out there!!! Glad you got the letter to him - Bruce is a man of his word!!

I think they might need to work on phrasing. *S*

Seems to me that language while related is a bit of a tangent from illegal immigration. Would you encourage people to come here illegally if they all spoke English? I don't think so.

I believe this outfit to be more efficient when it stays on topic.

I too think that English should be the standard and official language of our country and there are many important and totally legitimate reasons for that, but there are a world of requoncistas out there waiting to scream "racism" and a thundering herd of cowardly politicians who are terrified of that word and all to anxious to listen.

It is my opinion that all these goofy tunes cheapen the message of ALIPAC and just give the opposition more fodder to scream racist whether that is a subtantive accusataion or not. Politics do not turn on substance but rather "the appearence of substance"

My advice would be don't hand the opposition anymore ammo than they already have. Stay on point. Nothing will make Washington DC tune out faster than the appearence of racism and illegal immigration is not a racial issue. Votes count but there are elements in our country who are passionate about this issue for all the wrong reasons and encouraging them will hurt this cause exponentially. For every racist vote you sign up you will lose many more.

As a smart feller once said "ya wanna play golf or do ya wanna MOD EDIT around?

labrown-The opposition is going to call us racist no matter what we say or do! Let em spew their words. They've overused the word racist to the point where it doesn't have any meaning or effect anymore.

Welcome to Alipac!!!

It needs to get on the John Boy and Billy show. They are just the type to play this and they are very much anti-illegal.

Good to go to the source . Great news William.

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wow,
    that was fast.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Thanks for the welcome Mayday,

SOME will play the race card no matter what but I think that if the goal is to "get the job done" we must be strategic in our thinking. It is clear that even with the overwhelming amount of opposition to the amnesty it was hard to get these bozos to pay attention and I think every little bit of ground we gain with dignity is important.

The reality is no matter which side of this issue you are on you are gonna be in bed with SOME racists. As a radio talk show host said "if what Don Imus said was racist, what is it when the President of the United States says we need to import another race of people to do jobs that are beneath Americans, does he think that when the pioneers crossed the prairies in ocvered wagons they called Mexico every time they broke an axel". Your point is taken but we area fighting both sides of the aisle on this and that makes me feel WE MUST be beyond reproach.

labrown,

We do not allow the opposition to determine what we do or do not do here at ALIPAC.

We set the lead, they can react to us.. not visa versa.

I'm sorry you do not like this song. I do like this song as do many of our supporters. Songs and musicians are a part of our movement as has been the trend throughout history. Great movements need their musicians and bards.

There is nothing in this song to give the opposition any ammunition to claim racism. Yet, they still will do it and when people hear their accusations and then listen to this song, then the opposition is jumping overboard to the sirens call. That is perfect for our cause.

Furthermore, English as America's official language has already been debated by ALIPAC's leaders and placed into the official Platform.

The national and local polls we have on English as the official or national language blow the scale.

We see some with 80-90% readings.

Strategically, we win on language more than any other issue and it behooves us to lure our opposition into this debate on English.

So, while you may disagree LaBrown, the actions taken by ALIPAC in support of this song are strategically calculated and sound.

We welcome your feedback and input here at ALIPAC, but please do not call this song or the song writers names or insult them on our turf.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Action begets raction. Let the "dark side" scream unfairness, insensitivity and racism as it falls more and more on deaf ears. English is the language of America. It seems ludicrous to need to point that out but point it out we must.

Of course action begets action and there are various ways of "taking action" however this is one I do not agree with as you can see from my letter. Although it is a free country thank God, many are free to do things that I find undignified, and this tactic of sarcasm is one of them.

Despite the fact that I believe strongly in English as a standard language and that it is of critical importance that illegal immigration be stopped
    I will find other channels in which to work towards those ends and hereby resign and withdraw my membership in ALIPAC.

Good riddance.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast